019

Philocaly

Philocaly:

*Mingyu's POV*

I was only able to find a polo shirt from Tommy Hilfigher, blue jeans from Levi's, and some Converse black high-tops. 

Yes, I am so very formal..

It only takes minutes before the familiar automobile comes up through the alley drive way, and inside is Wonwoo, and Mr. Choi.

The door is opened and I am escorted inside by Wonwoo.

"Fancy."

"Yes, quite posh might I say." I mimic his speech.

"They're very excited to meet you."

I nod.

"That's nice."

I stare out the window, hoping to find silence in Wonwoo's voice as my heart pumping hard and my chest feels congested.

I am truly nervous.

I clench my fists hard that Wonwoo has to rest his hands on top of mine.

"I already told you, it's going to be fine. They won't bash you or anything."

"I hope so." I sigh, the restlessness evident in my voice.

I move my hands away from his and I hold them each other, mouthing what I could possibly say to them.

"Hello, I'm-- no that's wrong." I whisper.

The sight that I have been dreading on appears in front of me as the mansion appears and rises out of the blue.

The iron gates opening giving the car a chance to drive into the wide driveway. The engine is put to a stop and I get out of the car, my breath heavy and I feel uneasy.

The familiar feeling of the cold wind brushes up against my skin and I am lead inside the house, the chilliness still present. 

Wonwoo holds my hand, and looks into my eyes as if to say you're going to be alright.

We make our way into the family dining room and two tall figures stand up from their chairs, beaming at me with delight.

A beautiful woman, with shiny black hair that falls to her shoulders, a kind smiling face closer to Wonwoo's but her attire shows that she is a fighter.

The handsome man with his arms linked around the woman's has a white smile. His features are sharp and masculine, and his hair is stiff with gel but there is still a gloss to it, his build is muscular but not too bulky, he's looks are appealing but his physical traits aren't as close to Wonwoo's as the mother. 

I walk over and bow down deeply.

"Mom, dad, this is my boyfriend, Mingyu."

"Hello, I am Kim Mingyu." 

The father holds out his hand and so does the mother and I gladfully shake both.

"I am Jeon Wonhyuk," he kindly introduces himself and he looks beside him to the mother.

"I am Jeon Sunhee, it is very nice to meet you!" her eyes do something similar to Wonwoo's eyes as they slim down as if she were squinting.

"We've heard lots about you!" she says.

They take their seats again and they gesture me to sit down at the table, where fine china sits and what looks like a luxurious dinner is about to take place.

"Our Wonwoo just won't stop talking about you!"

"It was truly unfortunate that we weren't able to meet you when you came over the other day!" 

"I apologize for not being able to do so."

"No, it's okay. We heard about the incident." she tells me careful with her words.

"That man, is sick!" Wonwoo's dad spits out the words like they're poison.

I gulp down, the memories of the horrible event running through my head.

"Hey? You okay?" Wonwoo asks worriedly.

His hands are on my shoulders and I reassure him with a nod that I'm okay.

"How is the household? Is it truly fine with the money?"

"Oh, yes. I've been able to buy some necessities, it's a marvelous gift."

"You are truly welcome, how is your family doing?" they both ask.

Family..

"I don't exactly have a family."

"Oh, I am so sorry."

"No, it's okay! You didn't know!"

Silence creates a gap between us until I break it.

"They were murdered when I was 8, and I have been an orphan ever since."

"I was born to the late prestigous owners of Kim Corp. Kim Jinhyeong and Kim Minjung."

Mr. and Mrs. Jeon quickly exchange a glance then back at me.

"We knew your father and mother."

"They were our friends during university, star crossed lovers of the campus they were called."

"They had exceptional grades too, and a loving personality."

"We never saw each other after our graduation."

Ms. Sunhee looks at me.

"You have your mom's eyes."

The food is ushered in taking off the weight of everyone's shoulders, and the smell is mouth-watering. 

Savoury chicken, kimchi, BBQ, and many more dishes are catered in.

The elders take food first and then comes Wonwoo and I.

"Anyways, we are thankful that someone like you was a person our son has chosen." Mr. Wonhyuk's deep voice compliments.

I dig into the food and my mouth is pleasured with the different and simple but elegant flavours dancing around in my tongue.

"Mingyu, from our sources," she winks at Wonwoo.

"You are the smartest kid at the high school."

"I wouldn't call myself the smartest.."

"But you are the top scoring student!" Wonwoo exclaims.

"I just work hard.."

Mr. Jeon clears his throat before he begins to speak.

"Have you ever considered going to university abroad?"

I shake my head.

"No, I can't afford it. Let alone a cheap college here in Seoul."

"Well, I guess we may make arrangements."

"No, I'm good."

"We can apply you for a full entrance scholarship at an American university!"

"With me!" Wonwoo adds in.

I continue to shake my head until Mr. Jeon will not take no for an answer.

"We want to help you Mingyu, let us thank you for being a great companion to our son by doing this!" 

"Please..?" Ms. Jeon pleads.

"Okay..?" I finally agree.

"YES! LET'S APPLY TO THE SAME UNIVERSITY TOGETHER!" Wonwoo yells out causing everyone to break out in laughter..

---

The dinner was filled with happy moments and it was hard to bid farewell. I felt welcome, as if I was a part of their family. 

"They like you just as much as I do!"

"I guess so."

"CELEBRATE!" 

"But, I have to go home.."

"Haha fine.."

Mr. Choi is waiting outside of the car.

"I'll be going.."

Wonwoo takes a quick peck on my lips and hugs me tightly.

I start to walk over to the vehicle and I wave as Wonwoo has one hand in his pocket and the other shaking his hand rapidly.

"Bye!"

"I'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW AT SCHOOL!"

"You too!"

My lips curve into a smile as I can't wait for the next day..