027

Philocaly

Philocaly:

*Mingyu's POV*

The world was kissed in the chilled mists of the early winter morning, the cold air sending shivers down my spine. Beneath our feet, the snow crunched in an unpleasant tone. I wasn't able to witness the time when the winter came out of it's hiding spot. 

Wonwoo's tight grip kept my hands in his grasp while he guides me out of the hospital area. The city was covered in festivities preparing for the holidays. Shops showcasing it's latest toy, clothing, or whatever it sells. Couples were casually strolling along the streets whether they're holding hands or if their arms are linked.

If Wonwoo didn't bring me proper clothing, I probably would have caught the frostbite by now.

After a few turns in the city square, Wonwoo brings me inside a café. The sweet aroma of the roasted coffee beans immediately hitting my nose as it pleasantly moves swiftly through the air as I inhale it in. 

The baked pastries and sweets look delectable and the coffee menu listing all the available beverages whether hot or cold and the assorted seasonal drinks was specially made for the Winter season. 

"What do you want?" Wonwoo asks, the tone of his voice is gentle along with the huskiness of his deep, mellow voice. 

I give him a light grin.

"I'll order whatever you're going to order," I lightly inform him.

"Then, you'll be having a latté!" 

I nod my head lightly and I whisper into his ear telling him that I'll be off to find us a seat.

My eyes scan around the space around where the seating is located and I find a table with just two seats. I walk over until I am stopped by a familiar voice and a slender hand blocking me to the coffee table.

"Hey Mingyu, out of the hospital so soon?" 

I lift my head and in front of me stands Park Hyesu and John. Their eyes directing towards me with a malign influence, a wide smirk spread across both of their faces. 

I cross my arms towards my chest, trying to make my appearance appear courteous but faintly aloof. 

"Yeah, I was discharged today." I answer their question.

Hyesu covers , releasing an irritating snicker. 

"Well, if you don't mind, we got to this table first so we'll go ahead and take it." they "kindly" inform me. 

It was bound to happen, I let out an arrogant scoff and I walk past them towards the chair nudging rougly up against John's shoulder. I sit down my elbows resting on the table and I give them a blank stare as they glare down at me.

John releases a puff of air from his mouth and raises his eyebrow while gaping at me.

"Mingyu..." John clenches his teeth. 

"We were here first, I think you want to get up before I--"

"Before you what?" I interrupt insolently. 

"Mingyu, get the up." Hyesu hisses.

"Nah, I'm good. I like it here." I spit back.

They're both leering at me with pure hatred and rage, air hissing through their clenched jaws. 

From behind them, Wonwoo walks over with our drinks, a tone of curiousity written all over his face.

"Mingyu who are--"

Wonwoo sees the two's faces and he shakes his head.

"I smell a ." he whispers.

"What the hell did you just say Wonwoo?" Hyesu asks disgusted. Her voice an annoying high-pitch. 

"I'm not in the mood to repeat my statements." he simply replies. 

Wonwoo pushes forward the steaming cup of coffee towards me.

"WONWOO GET OUT OF OUR SEATS WE WERE HERE FIRST!" Hyesu starts to shriek, the customers staring at her like she was some bratty kid having a tantrum.

An employee who seems very calm approaches us.

"Ma'am what seems to be the problem here?" she asks in a dull tone.

"These two men seem to have taken our seats." 

The female employee takes a quick glance towards us then John and Hyesu.

"They were here first though." 

John seems shocked as he towers over gaping at the employee.

"Sorry, but those two were there first."

"What the , you good for nothing employee? The customer is always right and we are the customer so we are right." Hyesu snaps.

"Ma'am, I am being paid to serve you, not to deal with your crap. If you need someone to complain to, you have your boyfriend, or call a counsellor."

"You foul-mouthed , don't speak to my girlfriend like that. Now, get the two out either wise I'll--"

"You'll what? Report me, sue me?" the woman snaps.

"Umm.."

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you and your partner to leave as you are making a ruckus in a calm environment." the employee informs them.

They scoff arrogantly.

"Fine, this dump can't even serve good food anyways." Hyesu attempts to comeback, the employee just rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah just leave." the waitress gestures them off.

I crane my head to face Wonwoo and he just looks surprised.

"Thanks!" he tells the employee.

"No problem, it's just my way of messing with the richies." 

Wonwoo and I burst into laughter and the employee walks away with a smile.

"What was their problem with you anyways?" Wonwoo asks.

I smirk at him.

"When I first entered the school, I kept on getting the best grades, and being the daughter of a top business man, she wasn't 'allowed' to have low grades. She would try to find my 'weak spot' and try to finally beat me." 

"Oh her. You get good grades because you work hard, her... I don't even know."

I take a light sip of my coffee and Wonwoo leans over and wipes what I assume was excess foam around my lips, smiling.

"Soft, just like always." he sighs.

My eyes drift over to the clear glass panes that let the light inside the coffee bar and tension is relieved from my shoulders. The silvery air blows away the light, dancing snow creating a beautiful piece of art.

The monsters are no longer disturbing me; I'm now at peace. No more terror from Hyesu or John, just happiness. Wonwoo is smiling back at me, taking care of me, giving me all I ever needed. He was all I ever needed.

I found the light, because I dealt with the darkness.

Prior to meeting the man I love and sit in front of today I was convinced that death was my soulmate that I desired for it to become a reality. Though, the minute I met him, I lost the love I had for death and instead Wonwoo took my heart, he saved me, brought me back to life, loved me, cared for me, strang what he was able to do to me.

The pleasant smell around gives off a mellow feeling lifting me up.

To think, just a couple of weeks ago I was a depressed seventeen year old who harmed my own self and wondered how happy I would be once I ended my life. Right now, I'm alive.

Alive... Alive and happy...