029

Philocaly

Philocaly:

*Mingyu's POV*

5 years later...

Wonwoo's arms are wrapped around my neck as the white sheets are drowning us in each other's warmth. The light is peeking through our windows and when the world is calling us, all we do is lay here lazily on our own bed doing absolutely nothing.

While we're just settling in, the cries of a baby are heard throughout the rooms and hallways.

"Oh, they're both awake." Wonwoo breathes out as he gets up from the bed and walks out of the room. I follow closely behind and walk into the nursery room and look around at all the decorations and the soft mats beneath our feet. The walls were decorated with some sort of blue turquoise paint decorated with some dinosaurs and stars for a kid-friendly room and all the toys are organized and set aside away from the carriages.

"Shh..." Wonwoo gently hushes one of our children patting the back of one of the twins. I pick up the other one and cradle him in my arms and grin slightly at my child's resting face. For a while, I stay still admiring his innocent face and he awakes with rapid blinking eyes but does not dare make a sound. 

"They're both awake." I whisper at Wonwoo and he simply nods his head grinning at both children. I nudge Wonwoo lightly to get his attention.

"I'm going to go make formula." 

"Okay."

I carefully put my son into the crib and wave, his hazel brown eyes gleaming at the sight of my fingers mixed with his tired expression. I look over at my other child and he has calmed down successfully with Wonwoo's soothing voice. I lightly tip-toe down the stairs to the modern, contemporary white marble kitchen and open the cabinets to find the baby bottles and the liquid formula and I begin to wait beside the counter waiting for the formula to reach a warmer temperature than it is now.

Upstairs, I can hear Wonwoo attempting to make the babies laugh using silly, animated voices. His attempts successfully making them titter as they reply back with youthful giggles. I find myself laughing later on and I can't help but look back on my childhood/teenhood. I'd be lying if I said I was happy growing up, because I wasn't. Though now, I am thankful for the joyful life I have now. 

It's awfully strange how love and life could change you so drastically. At age 8, I lost my parents to the harsh and cruel evil. Soon, even I myself, gave my soul to evil. At age 13, I attempted self-harm, later I tried to kill myself at age 15, and once more at age 17. Since then I lived a life full of gloom and misery. But during the age of 17, I met Wonwoo. At first, he was just a person who tried to understand me and I lied to myself that he didn't. I was selfish and cared only for myself.

All those cold, lonely days and nights telling others that I was fine even though I needed help drove me insane and I felt like I was dying. I starved myself, but I told people that I ate. I was bullied, tricked, played with, and it was horrible. 

But, even in the darkest times I was able to find the light after an eternity of chasing it. I found Wonwoo, and love found itself just beneath my fingertips.

I realized that everything anybody ever wanted was to be happy. Because everything we want in the world was finelined by our desire for happiness and that affects everything else we yearn for in life. Whether it was a successful career, a flourishing family, we just needed joy. 

I wanted Wonwoo so I could be happy, and now that I've got him.. I am.. I've also got two sons who make the light of my day, and a career as an English teacher and creative writer. Everything is back in it's place.

Despite being lost in my own thoughts I manage to regain my senses and check the temperature of the milk and it is just right. I am sniffling and I'm crying but I wipe up my tears because I don't want Wonwoo to worry about me. I hold the two bottles in my hands and I head up the stairs and back into the baby room and I think I wasn't subtle enough since Wonwoo was able to pick up right away that I was just crying. 

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" he asks staring at me. I pass him the bottle and pick up the baby letting his head rest on my arms while feeding him and tears are still puddling in my eyes.

"Mingyu, are you okay?" 

I nod towards him.

"Then, why are you crying?" he questions while rocking the baby.

"Because... I made it."