026

Philocaly

Philocaly:

*Mingyu's POV*

"Why are you here?" I croak. All the energy in my body seems to have been drained. I can barely move, hold, or even talk.

Wonwoo's dark brown eyes glint with worry while he looks down upon me.

"I was looking for you, I needed to explain what you saw."

I bite my lips staring back at him, and I try to shrug my shoulders but I'm unable to.

"I can't run away, or ignore you, so what the hell? I'll hear it." my voice seems forced. Wonwoo seems distracted by my current condition, his eyes linger over myself, if he's looking at me for this long it's either I look horrible or he wants my autograph.

"Well.. when you walked into the classroom we were both in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"That was evident." I interrupt bluntly as I roll my eyes.

Wonwoo's hands are still holding onto mine, spreading warmth into my systems as I lay. 

"Hyesu started thanking me for-I don't even remember but suddenly she kisses me, and of course I was flustered I didn't know what to do and John was there--"

I immediately catch it.

"John?"

Wonwoo nods his head.

"Is-isn't that Hyesu's boyfriend?" 

"I think so."

"Then why was he there when she was kissing you? That must mean they know something, or it was planned?" I propose.

"." he spits out.

"What?"

"Do you think they planned it?"

"Oh..."

"They could have.."

I try to lift my hand off the bed and attempt to touch or even barely graze him but I am stopped by my indispostion.

"I'm sorry for doubting you it's just that--"

"No, it's okay. If I saw you holding someone else's hand... I would freak.. call me selfish.. but I don't want to see you with anyone else." he whispers softly. 

"No.... it's just that--" I choke on my own words while I speak because the truth about to be released hurts and not only that, I'm just lying here on this hospital bed too weak to even lift a finger, but I have even the slightest bit of nerve to tell him this.

"You're the only thing, I live for, and when she was kissing you I-- thought I lost you, and of course. If I lost the only thing I would live for, then that means I am dead and game over." 

"Min-"

"I've loved 3 people ever... My mom, my dad, you, isn't that equivalent to 3 hearts? When you're down to the last one, you're dead right? I've never really played video games but, isn't that how it works? Or at least how it used to work?"

Wonwoo slightly nods his head.

"We'll get her back. I promise,"

"There's no need for vengeance."

"Why not?"

"Well, what's that going to do? It's completely unnecessary." I tell him.

"Her actions were vile, and if what she did were enough to drive you to suicide then this is monstrous." 

Wonwoo's words remain in my head.

Despite it's truth, loving Wonwoo was the most disastrous thing I've ever committed to do. 

"Forget about that, have you even told the doctor that I'm awake?"

Wonwoo's eyes widen in guilt.

"Oops."

Wonwoo then rises from his seat and rushes out of my room, the door slamming shut behind him.

---

"Mingyu, what you did was a really serious issue."

"I understand that."

The doctor takes a quick glance over at Wonwoo.

"Thank this young man that he noticed that there was something wrong. Because if we didn't stabilize your current condition you may have died or who knows what else."

The middle-aged doctor looks at his clipboard, examining whatever's written on there.

"According to how you're reacting to my speech, there seems to be no damage to your organs. No symptoms of mental illness seems to be in place."

He flips through the pages and then his eyes move forward from the paper to mine and he gleams lightly, the dark circles clearly seen under his eyes.

"We'll keep you in the hospital for one more day and if you're doing fine then, we'll be able to discharge you!"

Wonwoo comes closer up from behind and pats him in the back.

"Thanks a lot doctor."

"No problem,"

The doctor turns around and starts forward towards the door but he stops and turns around once again.

"If I may ask, what is your relationship?" 

Wonwoo looks over at me and I nod.

"We're a couple," he says, puffing up his chest signalling that we're proud.

The doctor widens his eyes towards us with surprise.

"Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations!"

Wonwoo nods his head smiling.

"Thanks."

The doctor tilts his head towards his wristwatch.

"Seems like I have enough time, how did you guys meet?"

---

*Wonwoo's POV*

"That's a really sweet story."

He pauses for a second.

"You know, I'm really glad you both found happiness in each other."

I peer over at Mingyu and he's smiling.

"You know, as a doctor. I found happiness in saving other people, because all of us has a tiny bit of 'savior' in ourselves."

The middle-aged man stares down at the floor for just a split second and then he turns his attention back to us.

"Certainly, everyone wanted to save the world. But, here's a piece of advice for the both of you: it's okay if you even only save one person in the world, and it's truly okay.. if that one person is you." 

The words linger in my mind.

It's okay if you even only save one person in the world, and it's truly okay.. if that one person is you.

My mind retraces back to when I saved Mingyu on the school rooftop, and also the time when I told him to 'stay strong'.

Because it does get better.

I promised...