011

Philocaly

Philocaly:

Mr. Kwon is continuously tugging on my wrist urging me to go with him. 

"Oh.. WHEN THE POLICE DEALS WITH YOU!"

I bite the sides of my cheeks, silently weeping to the fist up against my lips. 

My feet are slowly walking trying to stall and escape from my boss' hurtful grasp. 

I wince at the tight hold of his hands, I wiggle my arms but it's no use. I'm in deep now.

"Just stop being ing stubborn and come with me!" he orders.

I shake my head, and close my eyes tightly together in fright. I am shivering in terror, regretting the decision I had just made. 

Save me..

Suddenly, my footsteps come to a stop and I can no longer feel Mr. Kwon's fingers wrapped securely around my wrist.  

I open my eyes to find Wonwoo holding onto the arms of my manager and holding me behind him. 

"Oh.. MY GOSH! W-WHO ARE YOU?! UNHAND ME!"

"Sir, I am Wonwoo, and I am afraid I am unable to unhand you." 

"AND WHY NOT?!"

"It's because I am a witness to you molesting, or groping, this young man against his will." 

"NO, I WASN'T."

"I am accusing you of ia. You were sliding your hand across his torso, and down to his legs."

"UGH, YOU HAVE SOME NERVE TO SPEAK TO AN ADULT LIKE THIS!"

The old man raises his free hand ready to strike Wonwoo, and he goes for it slamming it against the air but Wonwoo blocks it.

Mr. Kwon gapes at Wonwoo's attempt at defense. Slightly taken aback. 

Wonwoo covers my eyes with his arm putting it over my head and I can hear a smack, when he lets go I see Mr. Kwon on the ground rubbing his cheek. I gasp at him, surprised. I think Wonwoo punched him. 

Wonwoo turns to meet my face and my head in his hands wrapping his long, slender fingers around my ears. 

"Are you okay?"

I sniffle a bit by I am able to force out a small smile at him, and he grins with a hint of worry.

Yeah, I am..

---

I am seated on a soft leather couch, and admire the luxurious furniture in the living room alone. Maids, house cleaners scramble every where doing their jobs and so. 

Sunlight shines through the large windows complimenting the light hints of brown and white themes throughout the house. Every decoration in the house is perfectly clean, not a hint of dust can be found anywhere. 

Wonwoo comes out of the kitchen taking steps through the archway that opens into the room. He holds two cups in his hands and holds the other one out to me. 

"Drink.." he offers.

I take the cup from him.

"Thank you."

He sits down beside me on the couch. I take a quick glance at him and he is bringing the rim of the cup to his mouth taking a light sip.

I drink a bit of the beverage in the cup but end up spitting it back into the cup.

"Oh, sorry. That's hot. Is it too hot for you?"

"No, it's fine."

My eyes just can't help but trace and look around every corner of the grand home. 

"You live here?"

"Yep." 

"Um.. mind if I ask you something? How did you know what was happening?"

"I heard it.."

"What..?"

"I was walking back to the car, but then I thought I heard something from the front of the restaurant so I went back."

"Oh, I see. But, what happened to my boss? He's a filthy person, but you didn't dare hurt him did you?" I ask anxiously. 

"I just gave him a light punch."

"What?" 

"Well, I was trying to help you. He wouldn't stop talking."

"You didn't need to hurt him though!"

"Well, what was I gonna do? Turn my back on you. No, I will not turn my back on people who need help." 

"Are you even listening to me?! I said that--" 

A searing pain is felt causing me to wince, I look down and realize I spilt some of the hot drink onto my pants.

"Aw ."

"It's okay. Ma'am! Can we get a towel to clean him up?" 

"No, it's fine. I can't stay any longer. Thanks for saving me."

"Okay, I'll get Mr. Choi to drive you home. There are no more buses so he'll just drive you."

"M'kay thanks." 

I am guided by Wonwoo to the front door where the car is already parked outside, the engine just waiting to be . I walk over to the car door and open it myself. I wave to Wonwoo before I shut the door and he waves back.

I buckle my seatbelt and close the door beside me. The engine has started and I wave once more and the car starts slowly getting further away from the large mansion, Wonwoo appearing smaller and smaller, until I can't see him at all. 

A large portion of the car ride is quiet until Mr. Choi attempts to start a conversation.

"You're a very special person, Sir Mingyu."

"Please don't call me sir, and.... I'm not special."

"You are. There isn't a day where Sir Wonwoo does not talk about you." 

"He talks about me?"

"Yes. Indeed he does."

My lips curve into a smile facing at my fumbling fingers.

"I don't know if he has told you this but, Sir Wonwoo used to be very lonely."

"What?"

"He transferred to your school due to unfortunate circumstances."

"Like what?"

"He was lonely, no one liked him."

"How? Sir.. I mean Wonwoo is a great man!"

"He is, but I noticed something different one day. He was smiling once again."

"Once again? But he always smiles!"

"No, it wasn't forced this time. It was real." 

"He tried to commit suicide."

"I know that."

"Oh? You do?"

"Yes."

"Well then, Mingyu. I don't know who you are but, Sir Wonwoo likes you very much. You're one of the first real friends he has had in awhile.." he hesitates and pauses.

"Thank you.. for making him happy again."