006

Philocaly

Philocaly:

I was dismissed home early today faking that I wasn't feeling well. I stop at the exit to the school, and it is still pouring, covering the ground with rain. I hesitate to walk away from the covers of the school. 

In the corners of my eye I can see a hand holding out an umbrella. I turn my head around to find Wonwoo smiling at me once more. His clothes are soaked just as mine, he was probably sent home as well.

"Mind going home with me in my car right now?" 

I wipe my eyes still wet with tears from awhile ago, and I refuse.

"I figured," he holds out the umbrella. 

"Take it. If you aren't going home in a car, you are going home with some sort of protection from the precipitation."

"No thanks." 

Wonwoo purses his lips and raises his eyebrows at me.

"Seriously, just take the umbrella." he wedges the umbrella in between my fingers, I try to force it back into his hands but he immediately lets go once he is sure that it's secure in mine.

The same Mercedes Benz vehicle pulls up at the front of driveway closest to the entrance of the school, I am assuming it's Wonwoo's ride. 

"I'll see you tomorrow?" he asks.

I nod my head lightly and he waves his hand and runs off, dashing quickly to the car to prevent getting any more soakage. 

I take off the strap from the umbrella and open it, it's just a simple black umbrella. It's huge, I could fit 4 people under this umbrella no problem. I sling the umbrella over my head and walk into the rain..

---

I enter my small little den brushing my shoes against the place mat, scraping off all the grime. I walk into the room and set my bag aside into the corner. I open one of the drawers and I rummage through them trying to find a towel. 

I find a white towel and I wipe myself off, I take off my shirt leaving myself in only pants and I wipe my chest, and my abdomen. I am about to dry off the lower part of my body until I am interrupted by a knock on the door.

I gulp down, no one knocks on the door except the landlord. I tiptoe quietly to the door, and I am startled by another knock. I peek through the small crack and find Wonwoo standing outside.

I open it and he smiles at me.

"Hello!" 

I raise an eyebrow at him glaring at him like some sort of madman. 

"How the hell did you find me?"

He comes in past me and looks around the tiny area. 

"I followed you... to your home.." he's still looking around observing the area like a dog trying to catch its own tail.

"Why did you follow me?"

"I wanted to know where you live."

"Um, that's what a ing stalker says." I tell him trying to tidy up the mess around. I look down and realize I'm still shirtless.

"Oh ." I mutter.

I rush to the drawer once again and find a plain white t-shirt. I slip it on and once I fit my head through the hole of the tee, Wonwoo is smiling at me.

"Sit down," I say in a hushed, mysterious tone.

Wonwoo obediently obeys and sits down without question.

"What brings you here?" 

"I wanted to see you." 

I can feel my eyebrows raising to my forehead, eyeing him with curiosity. 

"You.. wanted to see me?"

"Yep," he shrugs his shoulders.

"I act--"

"Be quiet,"

"What?" 

I close my eyes and breath out a puff of air.

"I am trying to think,"

"Oh so-"

I hold out a hand signaling him to stop.

I let a stranger from school come to my house without notice who is stating he wanted to see me..

I sigh once more and look up at him.

"You are..."

"Hm?"

"You're a kind person aren't you?" I ask, trying to distract myself from my thoughts.

Wonwoo looks up in surprise, his eyes contain a glint of confusion with my question.

"Please.. don't point your kindness towards me."

I chuckle quietly trying to make sure he doesn't hear but it seems that he noticed.

"What do you m-mean?" he stutters.

"Are you sure you don't already know?" 

He shakes his head, his eyes still focused on mine. He can't seem to look away, and neither can't I.

"You.. shouldn't have tried to help me awhile ago."

He swings his head from right to left, facing the carpet below our feet, he brings his head back up in the direction of mine.

"I'm afraid, I wouldn't have done that." 

I cross my arms, not satisfied by his answer.

"Why not?" 

"Because.. I know what you're going through."

I can't help but laugh hysterically at his comment, it is impossible for him to understand, all the endless nights I slept shivering, cold to the bone. Starving myself to death, being bullied until I wanted to kill myself. Struggling through the horrors of anxiety, and depression. Cutting myself that people would avoid me on the streets looking at me like I was a psycho murderer. I had to imprison myself from society, wondering why I was such an outcast. Questioning my exsistence.

"What do you know about me?"

He is unable to say anything, his eyes linger around every corner of the room.

"Nothing, there is no way you know what I am feeling."

"You want to die don't you?"

"Yeah, that is why I was on ledge dangling my leg on a 50 foot building." 

"Then, that is why I understand."

I scoff.

"No, it's true," he pleads.

"I wanted to die, I wanted the world to no longer remember me. I was suicidal."

I am taken aback at what Wonwoo says, he could be lying. But it surprises me how someone, whose smile is as radiant as the sun, as cheerful as a child, would ever think of taking their life away.

"I think I'm ugly. The world is only fit for beautiful people, if I am so hideous, then there is no room for me." I tell him, with a hushed voice.

"Don't say that." his voice is starting to muffle, and he is starting to tear up.

Wonwoo sniffles quietly, and the only thing is between us is silence. It's so quiet that even the light footsteps of pedestrians can be heard nearby. He is finally able to look up at me, forcing a grin. 

"You are beautiful. You are strong. Stay strong it gets better, I promise."