028

Philocaly

Philocaly:

*Mingyu's POV*

1 year later...

The library was a quiet and peaceful environment, so quiet that the footsteps of students entering from the quad could be heard through every corridor. 

My eyes scan every individual page of the novel, the English words used in the classical book were vocabulary that were filled with sophistication. The storyline rich with a beautiful plot.

I was sure that I would regret becoming an English major. It was certainly bloody as the British had described it here in the United Kingdom. But, the major I chose opened my eyes up to a whole new world. Every piece of work written that was assigned to us was filled with so much history and class. Certainly lovely.

The English professor assigned Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. It's about the romance of two sisters known as Elinor and Marianne as they're moving into the new home, a cottage that belongs to distant family relatives. According to one of my foreign friends, this was Jane's first published work. 

I keep reading until I find a sentence that catches my eyes.

"My heart is, and always will be, yours."

I grab the neon yellow highlighter and I highlight the passage.

My eyes steal a quick glance over at my watch and I realize that Wonwoo is about to be dismissed from his economics class. I quickly throw my belongings into my bag and exit the library.

I run over to the Department of Business and I make it just in time. Students are making their way outside of the building heading to where they need to be. In the midst of the large crowd, I spot Wonwoo.

"Hey." he greets me.

I nod back at him, beaming. I rise from the bench and grasp his hand gently as we walk back to our dormitory.

"How was class today?" I ask. Wonwoo lets out a sigh.

"It's so complicated, if only I didn't declare Business Administration." 

I laugh at his regretful complaint.

"You said you wanted to take over your parent's company, but you want to give up on business?"

"I didn't say I was going to give up on business. I mean that it's a very bloody major."

"Ah, I see."

"Oh, how's English?"

"I picked right. The major and topic fits me!"

"How so?"

"Well you know me, I always had my nose in a book whether it was one I liked or didn't. You remember that right?"

"Of course I do, you spent all the money I owned on your books." 

I ignore the comment and continue.

"Even though it involves a lot of written work, it's manageable. What I am studying now is what I want to build my career on."

"But what you are studying right now keeps you busy and if you're busy.. you have no time for me." he pouts.

I giggle at his adorable face and I pinch his cheeks, he responds by shaking his head to make me let go. 

The walk back from the main campus to our dorm rooms isn't much. You could leave the dorm five minutes prior to your class and you would still be able to make it in time. 

Wonwoo reaches into his pocket and inserts them into the lock opening the door. He enters and he leaves the door behind him allowing me to walk in.

"Obviously you're reading a book so what are you reading at the moment?"

"Sense and Sensibility."

"That's Jane Austen right?"

 I nod my head in reply.

"I was reading in the library and I found a quote that struck me."

"And.. that quote was?"

I breathe out, preparing for the words I'm going to say to him.

"My heart is, and always will be, yours."

"Of course it is, I stole it in the first place." he winks.

I drop my head sighing at the cheeky remark he had just made..

"You smartass." I mutter under my breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," I reply.

"I see..."

"Okay then.." 

This is the life, that makes me want to live, that makes me want to love.

The life.. that makes everything beautiful