007

Philocaly

Philocaly:

Wonwoo leaves the house after not saying a word, and I am left by myself all tired. My eyelids droop up and down, starting to feel heavy. I sulk around the room, trying hard to keep my own balance. My eyes travel to the top of the desk drawer and find a small beige straw basket sitting on top. I stumble over to the basket and find a sticky note pasted on to the handle.

I made it myself.. Enjoy! :) - Wonwoo

"Hm? When did he leave this?" I whisper to myself.

I pull open the covers of the basket and find something wrapped in tinfoil. I open the foil and find a sandwich inside. In between is some sort of white sauce and meat. I open my mouth and take a bite into the sandwich.

After one bite, it seems that my palette is craving for more. The meat is savory and the sauce along is creamy, and perfectly spiced. I am about to reach over for the second one but I decide to save it for tomorrow. 

I grab my bag and open a textbook, and study some calculus. 

---

I walk out of my house slipping on my old converse shoes and find a car parked outside. The window is rolled down and Wonwoo is gleaming brightly.

"Good morning!" 

"Yeah."

"Thank you for the sandwiches." I say quietly, almost mumbling.

"Were they delicious?" Wonwoo asks, suddenly interested.

I nod my head and Wonwoo grins once again.

"Here, I'll give you a ride." 

I shake my head and smile at the offer.

"Come on, don't be shy!"

He opens the car door and gestures for me to sit inside. I stay still in my tracks until he grabs my wrists and pushes me lightly into the car. I sit at the right side of the vehicle and fasten in my seatbelt securely.

An air conditioner cools the car flushing the heat out of my body. The engine is started once again and the driver starts to turn the wheel, and he steps onto the pedal speeding away from my house.

"So, are you excited for school today?" he asks eagerly.

"School?"

"Yes,"

"No, I've never been excited for school." 

"Why? You're like the smartest kid in school!"

"Intellect doesn't affect emotion." I inform him with a slight grunt in my voice.

"I see."

"Make sure you meet me after school." he tells me.

"Huh? Why?"

"We're going to get you a phone."

"Hah, phone. I don't need a phone. It's not like I'll be able to pay for it."

"Yeah.. Exactly! That is why I will pay for it." 

"And why are you doing this for me?"

"So I can talk to you! Hehe.." he chuckles lightly and I feel my cheeks glowing red with warmth.

I pick up my bag from the tips of my feet and hug it tightly and I look out the window. All the landscapes, and the city views. In your dreams, they are the most beautiful things. In reality, they are the masquerade of the devils inside.

It doesn't take long until we reach the school. I quickly unbuckle my seatbelt, anxious to escape the company of Wonwoo.

"Thanks for the ride!" 

I pull on the handle and it seems to be stuck, I tug and tug but it is no use.

"Sir," the driver asks.

"It's locked." he says.

I look to the right and I find a little button. I click on it and a click is heard. I pull on the handle and it opens. 

The cold fresh air mixing with the blazing sunlight is the first thing that hits my face. I rush over to the entrance until Wonwoo calls out my name from behind. 

"Hey! Mingyu, wait up!" he shouts.

I stop running, and look back. He is headed over here with his backpack slung over his shoulder with only one of the straps. 

"What's the rush?" he chuckles.

"Nothing, I'm just trying to get to class before I am late." I reply.

"Late? There's still 15 minutes before class!" 

"Still,"

I start zipping through the hallways hoping that I can lose Wonwoo but I am wrong. He is right behind me as I enter the classroom. I walk in carefully and I take a quick peak at Hyesu. She catches my eye and leers back, hissing at me. I quickly avoid her gaze and I hear a snicker from as I walk over to my desk.

I make my way over to the wooden tables and set my bag aside reaching through my bag to organize the supplies, textbooks, and any materials I need for the current class. Wonwoo follows and does the same, observing my every move. Once we are certain, that everything we need is there, he looks around himself and moves his head over to my ear.

"Thank you for riding the car to school with me today, I'm really thankful." he whispers.

"Well, I couldn't deny the offer! You pushed me into the automobile!" I roll my eyes at the sarcastic comment I just made.

I peer at the window and watch as all the students clutter themselves all around until the bell rings, they normally do this every morning and it's quite uncultured. My thoughts are interrupted by Wonwoo patting my shoulder. I rotate my head to find his head only a few meters away from mine, he gives me one of the occasional smiles. 

"Thank you, for being my friend."