025

Philocaly

Philocaly:

*Wonwoo's POV*

The shrill beeping of the medical equipment surrounding Mingyu's bed causes me to awake in a jolt, blinking rapidly as I l take note of my surroundings.

I'm unaware of how long I've been holding his hand, but I assume it's been in my grasp long enough that heat has transferred from my body to his. 

My eyes travel over to Mingyu and I frown at the sickly pale colour of his skin.

"Good morning, Mingyu. It's a brand new and wonderful day dedicated to your recovery," I whisper in a hushed voice.

I want to tell him that to wake up sooner but I stop myself because I know that he won't hear me anyway.

"I don't want to let go yet.." I say as I rest both of my hands on his.

"So, I hope you don't either.." 

---

When he finally said "yes" I wanted to see into the future. The potential life we could have together and even our marriage! I know it sounds crazy but, anybody can dream.

But, those dreams cannot be completed without him. I am not complete without him.

Time goes slow inside this life and death environment. I've spent a million hours just waiting for him to open his eyes, and truly I do not want to wait anymore. Sound is scarce, except for the hushed whispers of the nurses or visitors of the other patients accompanied by the irritating beeping.

When I came out to the world and told them about my uality, all I wanted was for one person to accept me and have someone who would stay with me no matter what happened.

Just wake up please, I beg of you.

---

*Mingyu's POV*

I'm awake. Not in heaven, or my house, but a hospital.

There's a hand on top of mine and I can hear soft whimpers coming from someone.  I look over and see Wonwoo.

My mind and soul questions why I'm still here, why Wonwoo's here even after he kissed her.

What he did was catastrophic enough, showing himself in front of me just wreaks havoc inside my heart and I feel the tight wrenching inside my gut. The feelings inside are ready to rip my chest apart and despite my hatred for him I grip on his hands.

Wonwoo's hands.

I squeeze onto them but it's hard to do because of how incredibly weak I am, I should be dead right now.

I squeeze for a second or two but that is all my body is able to do, I release but I feel his grip harder.

"Mingyu?"