CHAPTER 23

The Story Of My Life ( Continuing Story / Editing )

" Yah, When your project with Leo hyung will release? " Ken asked. He and Mint hanging out together at a cafe after attending their classes.

"We already finished everything but we did not know when to release it. Leo oppa also busy with his musical. He said that if both of us are ready physically and mentally, we will release the song " Mint said.

" But you are so mean because you didn't let us hear that song " Ken pout. Mint hit his head. Ken shouted in pain and glared at her.

" Well, of course dude " Ken rolled his eyes. Then he remembered something.

" Mint-ah, what do you want for your upcoming birthday? "

" Why? If I said that I want a house, will you give it to me? " Mint asked while wriggling her eyebrow. Ken look at her, disbelief.

" I'm trying to get serious here " What I want for my birthday?

" I just want to release my tension. But no alcohol tho. You know that I didn't like alcohol, right? " Ken nodded. After a few hours talking, they left the cafe. Just wait for your birthday, Mint-ah. You will never forget this birthday.

 

Mint's birthday has arrived. Mint was busy composing her new song in her room when she heard a knock on her door. She opened the door and saw Ken standing in front of her room.

" Yah, what are you doing in your room? "

" Working. What do you want? "

" Let's go out. I'm bored to death right now " Ken said. Mint shook her head.

" Nah, I don't want to. I'm lazy to go out right now. Just go out on your own " Mint closed her door but get pushed by Ken.

" Ahh, Come on Mint-ah. I don't want to go alone. Pretty please~? " Ken blinked his eyes cutely. Mint rolled her eyes at the man.

" Fine! Wait for me at the living room. I want to get change " Mint said. Ken put his hands up, happy. After a few minutes, Mint went out from her room. She wore a red plaid shirt, a high-waisted jeans, and a pair of sneakers. She also tied her hair into a high ponytail and wore a cap.

" I'm ready. Let's go, Ken-ah " then both of them went out from their dorm. Ken got permission from their manager to drive.

" Where are we going? " asked Mint while wearing the seatbelt. Ken just looked at her and winked.

" Just wait and see " Ken said while wriggling his eyebrows. Mint rolled her eyes.

" Suit yourself then. I want to sleep. Wake me up if we have arrived " Mint closed her eyes and falls asleep. She wakes up when she heard her name being called.

" Yah, wake up! Mint-ah, wake up! " Mint slowly opened her eyes and stretched her arms while making a weird sound. Ken look at her in disgust.

" Are you sure that you are a girl? "

" Of course I'm a girl. Why? " Ken shook his head.

" Sometimes I wonder what your truly gender is " Mint hit his head. She looks around her and found nothing but just an empty parking lot.

" What is this place? "

" You will see. Come out and follow me. You don't want to be in this car all day long, don't you?" Mint unbuckled the seatbelt. She came out from the car and follow Ken from behind. After seems like a few minutes walking, Ken stopped at his track. As Mint was too focus with her surrounding, she didn't realize that Ken stopped in front of her and she ending up bumped into Ken's back. She rubbed her temple and get ready to scold him.

" We are here " Mint didn't get to continue her scolding time when Ken said that. She stepped beside him and gasped.

" H-Han River? Oh my god! It's Han River! " Mint jumped happily.

" I know that you always want to be here. So, I brought you here. Am I amazing? " Ken asked. Mint nodded eagerly.

" You are more than that. You are fantastic! Thank you soooo much, Ken-ah! " Ken nodded. I'm happy if you are happy, my best friend.

" Let's ride the bicycle. Then, let's play basketball. Oh! Let's eat ice cream too! " Mint said, excited. She ran towards the rental bicycle shop. Sometimes I wonder that Mint is really same age as me. Ken followed her from behind. After renting two bicycles, they cycle around the river. Mint was smiling from ear to ear. She is so happy that she can release all her stress. After a few rounds cycling, they decided to play basketball. In the first round, Mint won and Ken determined to beat her. But luck was not his side today. He keeps losing after round and another round and the next round. After completely beaten by 5-0, Ken sat down and breathed heavily.

" Yah! How can you win all the time! You are cheating! " Ken mad. Mint rolled her eyes.

" Said the person who cannot play basketball at all " Mint said while twirling the ball using her finger. Suddenly, there were a bunch of boys approach them. One of them has his eyes on Mint. Mint recognize them.

" Annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenim " they greet.

" Oh! Annyeong! What are you guys doing here? " Ken asked. The guys were SEVENTEEN. Mint bowed to them one by one. They sure have a lot of members.

" We just want to play basketball. What are sunbaenim doing here? " Seungkwan asked.

 

" This guy over here drags me here " Mint said while pointing at Ken. The guys nodded. Then Ken got an idea.

" Ha! How about we play basketball together? " Ken asked. SEVENTEEN and Mint think about Ken's idea. Sounds good.

" We are on but we have an odd number including sunbaenims. So how can we divide the team? " Hoshi asked.

Then their leader, S.Coups give his opinion.

" Maybe our maknae, Dino will be the referee. So excluding him, we have 14 people. We will divide into two with 7 people in each team. What do you guys think? "

" Cool, and just call me hyung " Ken said.

" And call me noona. Treat us like your own older brother and sister, okay? " Mint said while giving them her eye smile. Little did her know, her smile drive someone crazy. The guys nodded like cute children. They play rock, scissor and paper to choose the leader of each group. S.coups and Jeonghan win and be the leader. They get to choose the own team. S.Coups win the game between him and Jeonghan so he gets to choose his first member. He chose Seungkwan for his first member. Then they fight rock, paper, and scissor again. This time, Jeonghan win. He chose Mingyu for his team.

The game continues and each team has 7 members in it. S.Coups chose Jun,

,

Vernon,

Woozi and Wonwoo.

He also chose Mint for his team. Meanwhile, Jeonghan chose Hoshi, The8, Joshua, and DK. He also chose Ken for his team.


Then the game begins. When Dino blows the whistle, Seungkwan grabs the ball and pass it to Mint. Mint dribble the ball while Jeonghan and Ken tried to snatch the ball. But Mint was faster than them. She runs between Jeonghan and Ken then immediately brought the ball to their goal. Team S.Coups got 1 point. The SEVENTEEN guys looked at Mint, surprised.

" Now you guys know who is VIXX Mint. There is a lot of things that you guys don't know about her " Ken said. They continue playing the game. S.Coups team by 6 - 4. They breathe heavily. Wonwoo keeps staring at Mint. Mingyu noticed this and nudges him.

" I saw that you always look at Mint noona. Do you like her, hyung? " he asked. His question makes Wonwoo taken back. Me? Like her?

" W-what do you mean? I did-didn't like her. Stop joking around " Wonwoo stuttered. Mingyu smirked.

" Hyung, I know you for god-knows how long. Don't lie to me " Mingyu said. Wonwoo keeps denying that he do not like Mint.

" Who wants to eat ice cream? " Mint asked. The boys immediately put their hands up. Wonwoo put his hand on his chest. Do I like her?

 

Mint and Ken on their way back to the dorm. Ken drove to their studio despite to their dorm.

" Yah, why you drive to the studio? " Mint asked when she realized that Ken drove to another way from the way to the dorm.

" Just shut up and follow me " Ken said. Mint keep quiet and follow where Ken brought her. When they arrived, Ken brought Mint to the dance studio. When Mint opens the door, she saw nothing but darkness.

" Why is it too dark here? " Mint search for the light switch and switch it on. She surprised. In front of her, there were her members, her managers, SEVENTEEN and also... Him.

" Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to our Mint,
Happy Birthday to you " they sing while holding a cake. Mint was so overwhelmed that she cry. N wiped her tears and said.

" Come on, make a wish and blow the candles " Mint closed her eyes and clasped her hands together. I hope that all of us, VIXX will become closer and success in our career. She opens her eyes and blows up the candles.

" Happy 24th Birthday, noona! " Hyuk said. Mint knocked his head.

" Don't say my age too loud, boy " Mint said. Then they make a group hug.

" Wait, how did these guys end up being here? " Mint asked while pointing at SEVENTEEN. Ken wriggling his eyebrows.

Flashback~

" I'll go buy us ice creams. Wait for me here, okay? "

" Do you need any help, noona? " Hoshi asked. Mint shakes her head.

" No, thanks. I can handle this " Mint said while smiling. Hoshi sat with the others. When Ken saw that Mint completely enter the shop, he grabs the SEVENTEEN's guys. He starts whispering to them.

" Guys, listen carefully. I brought Mint here because today is her birthday. The members are preparing for the surprise party for her at the studio. I want to distract her. Come to our studio at 6 p.m. okay? " Ken said. The others nodded understand. Ken motion out his mouth with his hands and make it looked like he zipped out his mouth.

" What are you guys chatting about? It looks so serious " Mint popped out from nowhere, making both Dino and Seungkwan fall. The others shake their head, not wanting to spill out something. Mint shrugged her shoulder after she analyzes one by one faces. Then she passes out the ice cream. When she pass it to Wonwoo, she smiles. Wonwoo smile back despite his nervousness. He turns away and fans up to his face. Why it so hot here?

End of Flashback~

" You gonna regret this, Lee Ken " Mint said while gritted her teeth. Ken just winked at her.

" Enjoy, my darling " Ken said, leaving Mint speechless.

" Happy birthday, Ha Ni-ah " a voice said behind Mint. Mint turned to her back and saw... Him.

" Thank you, Taek Woon oppa. How did you know that today is my birthday? " Mint asked. She did not expect that Leo will be there.

" Hak Yeon told me. This is for you " Leo said while handing a present to Mint. Mint took it and eyeing Leo with curiosity. She opened up the present and smile. That's the smile that Leo loves to see.

" It's a kitten. Oh My God. Look at ... "

" Him "

" Oh! Him! Look at his fluffy fur! "

" I know that you love the cat. So, I give you this kitten. Take a good care of him, okay? " Leo said while patting the kitten. Mint nodded eagerly.

" So, what is his name? "

" How about Milky? His fur reminds me of milk " Mint said while looking at Leo. Little did they know, there is someone with a fire around him staring at them.

" Sounds good. Milky-ah, take care of omma, okay? " Leo said, making Mint shocked. Om-ma?


Hi, guys! I'm so sorry for the late update. This year I'm little bit busy because I'll be having a major exam. So, bear with my late update okay? Comment about this chapter, okay?