IX

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello? Oh hey honey! How’d the meeting go?”

“It went very well. Thanks to my intelligence,” she heard her fiancee smirk across the phone. 

She rolled her eyes, smiling inwardly. “So are you coming back soon then?” 

“Yes honey. I’ll probably come back tomorrow.”

“Great! Well, I’ll come pick you up at the airport then?”

“Oh there’s no need for that. I’ll be arriving quite late reaching midnight I guess? And you still have school so I don’t want you staying up late.”

“Okay,” she said in defeat. “I’ll see you back in the office.”

“That’s right. Anyway, what are you up to today?”

“Today? Oh right! Taecyeon invited me to do some activity or something. Can I go with him?”

“Why do you need to ask me hun? Of course you can go! Taec always does fun stuff besides golf.” 

“Okay I’ll be meeting him later. We’ll hang out all together soon yeah?”

“Got it. I’ll talk to you later then, bye honey!”

Yoona set her phone back onto her nightstand as she stretched her arms waking herself up. She sat up slowly searching her surroundings. Tossing the covers off, she shuffled toward the window and welcomed the bright rays of the sun exposing on her skin. She received another phone call hurrying over to pick it up. When she saw the name on the screen her heart skipped a beat for a split second. 

“Hello?” 

“Good morning Yoona, it’s me Taecyeon.” 

“Good morning to you too! How are you?”

“I’m doing good thanks,” he chuckled. “But um anyway, I’ll come pick you up at your place and we’ll go together. Is that alright with you?”

“Oh yes, absolutely,” she smiled. “Wearing casual today right?”

“That’s good and yes please do wear casual clothes, it’s a fun and light activity. You can just text me your address and I’ll be on my way later.” 

“Sounds great. I’ll see you!” 

As soon as he ended the call, she clutched onto her phone tightly. She felt something when his voice rang into her ear, obviously noting how deep and masculine it was. Her heart was beating fast just by the thought of it. She shook the feeling off and started packing an extra set of clothes into her tote bag just like how he had informed her so. Now that she had thought about it, it’s been a while since she did anything fun besides the usual golf sessions or movie dates she did with Nichkhun. Due to her busy schedule she didn’t really have the time to play about on her own or friends with the exception of Friday nights at the club. But even on the days she’s free, she would be resting at home, meeting her parents or having a date with her fiance. 

So of course, she was excited for the first time in a while. 


Taecyeon dropped his backpack onto his bed, sitting on the edge afterwards. He thought about how his day was planned out. He was relieved Yoona accepted his offer to do an activity. It made him know she was willing to spend time with him despite her full schedule. He promised to himself he wouldn’t let this chance slip from his hands. He checked the time on his watch, then picking up his backpack and keys to his car. 

He pressed the button to his car, opened the door swiftly and threw his placed his backpack at the backseats. He ignition swerving out of his parking lot. Driving peacefully he wondered about how things would turn out later. He peeked outside the window to check if he was in the right place. 

“Taecyeon!” he saw her carrying her tote bag on her shoulder and waved at him through the window. “Did you wait long?”

“No I just arrived actually,” he said. “Are you all set? Got your stuff and everything?”

She nodded, putting on her seatbelt. “Where are we going?”

He navigated himself back on the road, smiling as he drove. “You’ll see.”

Yoona hummed to a tune that was playing on the radio while gazing at the buildings they’ve passed by. She noticed he was driving somewhere away from town and into a small village where it was quiet and people were carrying out field work of agriculture. 

“We’re in a village?” she asked. 

He parked the car under a tree. “We’re heading over there,” he unbuckled his seatbelt while pointing at a traditional Korean house a few metres ahead. They picked their bags up and walked to the front of the house, meeting an old woman hanging clothes under the sun. 

“Grandmother Kim I’m here!” Taecyeon went over to embrace the old woman in his arms, bowing in respect right after. “Yoona this is my nanny Grandmother Kim. You can call her Mrs. Kim or Grandmother, whatever suits you.” 

Yoona bowed in respect at their elderly. “It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Kim. I’m Im Yoona.” 

Mrs. Kim held Yoona’s hands gently. “Welcome my child,” she greeted. “Taecyeon is she your girlfriend?” 

Taecyeon shook his head. “Oh no Grandmother, she’s my friend. She’s already engaged.” 

Mrs. Kim smiled sweetly at Yoona. “It’s such a pity, you’re so beautiful dear.” 

Yoona laughed, blushing slightly. “Thank you Mrs. Kim.”

“Alright I prepared the materials you’ve needed. Go ahead and have fun you two. I’ll pre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter