X

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back at work every employee was focusing on getting their tasks done. Elite’s stocks had been increasing vastly, which indicated that their partnership with S&T was progressing at a good pace. Taecyeon was in a meeting with the board of directors paying attention to the engrossed discussion between members. 

Tiffany who sat beside him leaned over to whisper, “Nichkhun came back early this morning. Saw him yet?”

“No. I didn’t see him this morning I guess I was too busy reviewing files in my office.”

“Neither did I,” she muttered. “I hope this meeting would end soon I’m craving for lunch already.”

He stifled his chuckle. “Sad life for us.”

Luckily the meeting didn’t take that long for the both of them to die from boredom as they finished just in time for break at noon. Taecyeon and Tiffany went to the café together to get lunch. They sat at their table and was surprised to see Nichkhun at the counter. 

“Nichkhun!” they approached him to offer a friendly hug. “How was the meeting in Tokyo?”

He grabbed his cup of coffee from the barista. “It went too well and good thing it was a quick one.”

Taecyeon gave him a pat on the back. “Welcome back Khun. I’ve been monitoring the construction site. They are following everything on the blueprints.”

“Excellent,” Nichkhun grinned. “How are you guys? What’s up?”

Tiffany pointed out that Elite’s 25th Anniversary was around the corner. “I can’t wait for the staff dinner. Your dad is a master at planning the event.”

“Right! That occasion left my mind for a bit. Taecyeon you should invite your dad.”

“Is it just a staff dinner then?”

“Well that’s pretty much what the employees are looking forward to. They get to chat and mingle about. Top notch catering served,” commented Tiffany. 

“Yeah and my dad does a speech and all that about going through the successes of Elite and just thanking the employees in general. That’s why there’s a grand staff dinner afterwards.” 

Taecyeon stirred his espresso. “Sounds cool. Sure I’ll invite my dad over.”

“Hey guys!” 

Three heads looked up to see Yoona waving at them excitingly. Nichkhun stood up and welcomed his fiancee in his arms. The couple shared a hug, breaking off shortly to go back to their table. Taecyeon and Tiffany smiled, greeting her as well. “Yoona what are you doing here?”

“Well it’s term break so I’m happy to be just working here now.”

Nichkhun laughed as she wasn’t able to contain her excitement about being free from school duties. “Glad now that you’re here with the gang.”

Taecyeon sat at his spot in silence. So that would mean he’ll be seeing Yoona everyday all week. A smirk appeared on his face as he thought so. It’ll just make things much more easier for him. He just needed to figure out how he would spring into action, by taking one step at a time. 


“Hey Taec,” Nichkhun placed a huge pile of folders on an empty long desk by the side. “We need to sort this out by date and review each one of them to enter the data into the computer.”

Taecyeon gawked at the amount of files they had to go through. “You’re kidding.”

“Nope.”

“But…” he gestured at the folders in an absurd manner. “Look at the quantity of folders.”

Nichkhun scratched his head. “Yeah I know. We have to complete them by tomorrow since these are pretty important files my dad assigned to me.”

“Right,” Taecyeon sighed snatching one folder from the stack. 

“Nichkhun you forgot two more left on Mr. Kim’s desk,” Yoona walked into the office and smiled at the two men who started their errand. “Wow that’s so much to do.”

“Are you doing anything right now hun?”

“Mr. Kim told me to help you guys so that’s why I’m here to help!” she skipped over to the table, joining the two gentlemen. 

A phone buzzed in Nichkhun’s pocket as he grabbed it to answer the call. “Sorry guys it’s my dad asking for me. I’ll be right back.”

Taecyeon secretly glanced at Nichkhun who rushed out of the office. He stole a glance at Yoona’s side smiling as she was working independently by herself. “Thanks for helping,” he said.

Yoona flipped the file shut stacking it to the ones that are completed. “No problem,” she replied. 

They worked in silence again. Taecyeon thought if it was safe to act at this moment since he knew Nichkhun would be caught up talking with his dad. It was only him and Yoona this time, he should be taking this opportunity given. And so he shall. 

“Yoona can I ask you something?” he shifted closer to her side. 

Her eyes remained on what she was reading but responded to his question. “Yes?” 

“Do you feel something for me?”

The question dropped like a hammer onto Yoona’s head. She stood so still she could hear nothing but her heartbeat thumping in her chest. She thought of the question in her mind and asked herself how she would answer him. Because the truth was, she did. She did feel something for him and she didn’t know if it was a good or bad thing. Their subtle moments together flashed back in her head, which only made her heart beat twice as fast. But she couldn’t possibly tell him the truth. She’s already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter