XV

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi Taec!” 

“Hey Tiffany, what’s up?”

Taecyeon and Tiffany sat across from each other after buying themselves a cup of coffee. It has been a while since they’ve chatted because Taecyeon was in and out of Elite to take care of his father’s office in the time being. 

“Have you heard of the party tonight?” 

He rose his brow. “Party? What party?”

She gave him a quizzical look. “It’s Nichkhun’s birthday silly! Didn’t he tell you? I mean like, both of you are working together for the project and whatsoever.”

“Oh,” he was too busy working to the point where he lost track of the calendar. “He didn’t tell me at all. Why did he keep it to himself?” he chuckled. 

“Well now you know. But he’s having a party at a club he booked for the night.”

“Let me guess, it’s not actually Khun who planned this because there’s no way he had the time to prepare. I’m sure he was working his off 24/7.”

“You’re right,” she said grinning. “His colleagues here in Elite made the party planning. You know Khun’s too serious at times he’s just gotta get out there and get wasted or something.”

He agreed. “Too true. Are we invited or?”

“Duh! Only friends are invited to the club.”

Nichkhun joined the two at the table. “What are you guys up to?” he asked, stealing a seat beside Taecyeon. “Is this about the party?”

“Dude you didn’t tell me it was your birthday,” Taecyeon punched him on the shoulder, earning a laugh from his buddy. “Did you forget it yourself?”

“I kinda did to be honest,” Nichkhun scratched his brow. “I had reminders since yesterday and I went like, oh yeah it’s my birthday. How can I forget?”

“Too busy that’s why.”

“I know I know, it’s been my fault actually. So I promise to have fun tonight.”

“We’ll be looking forward to that.”


The party took place at a small but a popular club in the city. Nichkhun’s friends reserved the whole area at the upper floor of the club where most of the VIP tables were located. It was pretty crowded that night with girls and guys dancing with each other and the DJ was playing such a sick beat, everyone on the dance floor was high and euphoric. 

Taecyeon entered the club dressed in his v-neck and jeans, making his way up the staircase to find the on-going party. He smiled at a couple of ladies who noticed him then reaching Tiffany and the crew at one big table pouring drinks for themselves. 

“Taec! You made it!” he could tell Tiffany was totally into the clubbing mood. “Come on get yourself a drink,” she gestured at the bottles at the middle of the table. 

He grabbed himself a bottle of beer. “Where’s Khun?” he asked glancing around. 

“On his way,” she downed one shot glass. “The music is killin’ it!” she waved her hands up in the air. 

The birthday boy arrived along with his fiancee, his hand around her waist. “What’s up guys!” 

“Khun! Come on man you’re late at the party, we gotta get it on tonight,” his buddies huddled around him already offering a line of shot glasses. 

“Woah guys!” Nichkhun laughed it off. “Okay one at a time please.” They moved onto another table full of drinks where the boys surrounded the birthday celebrant so he wouldn’t escape from the liquor. 

Taecyeon just focused only on Yoona who was walking towards their table. “Hey,” she sat in between him and Tiffany. “Crazy party tonight,” she mentioned the crowd downstairs. 

Tiffany gave her a glass of tequila. “Here you go girl. Bottoms up!” 

Yoona drank it all in one go. “God that’s burning,” she felt as if a bullet train of fire just went down . 

Taecyeon smirked, checking out her short dress. “You look amazing tonight,” he whispered against her ear then pulled back. “Very y,” he winked. 

She felt her cheeks blush. “You’re looking good too,” she complimented. “Did you just arrive?”

“About twenty minutes ago.”

It was time for Nichkhun to blow his candles as a group of female dancers who wore skimpy clothing approached him with a birthday cake. “Happy Birthday cutie!” they greeted. 

Nichkhun shook his head at the guys around him who were cheering him on. “Thanks,” he blew his candles out one by one, followed by a roar of applause. 

“Alright birthday boy it’s time to hit the dance floor!” 

All the guys dragged Nichkhun along with them down the stairs, joining the crowd under the disco ball. Taecyeon saw Tiffany talking to several girls, so he took this chance to have a small

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter