XIII

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona met up with her best friend, Kwon Yuri at a coffee shop to catch up on some things. She would always go to her for advice about life or relationships. Yuri was someone who experienced tons of things which was why she was reliable and knew a couple of solutions to certain problems. She felt like she could trust her about the dilemma she was facing. 

“So,” Yuri placed down her cup of coffee back on the surface of the table. “What’s up Yoong?”

“I have something to ask Yul,” she started off. “But please promise me you would keep it a secret between us.”

Yuri pretended to zip . “I promise.”

Yoona inhaled deeply before proceeding with her scenario. “I’m having a dilemma about my relationship with Nichkhun.”

Her best friend didn’t expect such confession. “What happened Yoona? Are you not happy with your engagement so far?”

“No, no it’s not that. I met a guy and he’s my fiance’s good friend and business partner.”

“Okay then what’s the problem?”

“I feel like…I’m attracted to this guy. It’s been a month or so since I knew him.”

“You mean you like your fiance’s business partner?”

“I guess,” Yoona rubbed the back of her neck, stirring her tea absentmindedly. “It’s complicated actually.”

Yuri tapped a finger on her chin. “Do you still love Nichkhun?”

“Of course Yuri, he’s my first boyfriend. I agreed to his proposal because I knew he’s caring and loving towards me. But then another guy steps into the picture and my feelings are all mixed up. It’s confusing me so much. I don’t know what to do…”

“Yoona here’s my opinion about this. If you really do love Nichkhun, you wouldn’t give a damn about the other guy and brush off the unnecessary feelings. Who knows? It could just be lust that’s getting in the way.”

She thought about it for minute. Was it lust? No it was more than that. Because she saw how Taecyeon treated her and he was one fine gentleman. He was thoughtful to bring her to a restaurant for dinner, he has always followed the ‘ladies first’ rule, he took her out of town to enjoy a hands-on activity and he saved herself from being wasted in a club. And back to that kiss, she felt so much in just one contact it was like her heart was soaring. Honestly, she even thought she felt much more for Taecyeon than she ever did with Nichkhun in just a short period of time. However, Nichkhun was the perfect fiance any girl could have. He was smart, good-looking and had the heart of a  kind gentleman. He was raised and taught by excellent role models. He has a stable career and a bright future. Also another point to consider, she didn’t know much about Taecyeon. What does he have to offer in her life?

“I think you should figure this out step by step Yoona. Give your heart some time to decide so in the end, you know who will be the right one for you. Always follow your heart because it’s the one giving you answers.” 

What Yuri said was right, she should follow her heart. But the thing was her heart was torn between the two gentlemen so she didn’t have much choice but to figure it out herself and sort things out. 


Taecyeon lost his concentration at the paper work he was doing at his desk. The hurtful words Yoona said to him constantly replayed in his mind. That’s it, he would have to try another way of hearing the truth from her. He dialed a number in his phone. 

“Hello? Hey how are you? I’m doing fine thanks. How’s the company doing? Good? That’s great to hear. Can I meet up with you later for lunch? I have a favor to ask. Right I’ll pick you up then, bye.”

He clasped his hands together. This was absolutely one way for him to find out whether Yoona was lying or not.


“Taec where are you going man? Aren’t you having lunch with us?”

“Nah I have a someone to pick up,” he checked his phone casually. 

Nichkhun and Tiffany perked their ears of what he said. “What? You’re seeing someone Taec?” they asked in unison. 

Taecyeon nodded his head in a cool manner. “Yeah she’s working in my company. Since I came back from the States, we began to talk. But no we’re not boyfriend or girlfriend by any means. We’re just hanging out lately.”

“Wow bro if you keep this up, the friend of your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter