XX

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun fidgeted in his spot, stretching his arms out. He woke up to the smell of bacon and coffee in the suite. He sat up finding Tiffany sitting by the table at a corner. 

“Good morning,” she smiled brightly at him. “I ordered room service for breakfast. Just the usual buttered toast, eggs, bacon and coffee.”

He stared at her in a daze. “Did we wake up late or something?” his voice still strained from sleep.

“Well it’s nine in the morning so yeah kind of.” 

Nichkhun held his throbbing head. It was probably a hangover. Then he realized two things straight away. One, he wasn’t in his suite. Two, he wasn’t wearing any clothes underneath the duvet. His mind tried to remember what happened last night but his head was aching too much. 

“Tiffany,” he called out her name hesitantly. “What happened last night?”

She placed her mug back on the table. It took him a lot longer to realize than she expected. “Don’t you remember?” she asked.

Nichkhun stared at the empty spot beside him. The memories of last night flashed back in his head. Why did he do that? And worse, why did he do that to Tiffany? Would she think lowly of him? Used her? He didn’t want to come to any of those conclusions. She really did mean a lot to him, just that he didn’t expect himself to act this way towards her. He put on his clothes swiftly, approaching her in a hesitant way. 

“I’m sorry,” he said it almost like a whisper, as if he was embarrassed about what he did last night. 

“What are you sorry for.”

“I…I didn’t know what I was thinking last night. I drank too much whiskey I just,” he sighed. “I didn’t mean it.”

“Didn’t mean what?”

“I didn’t mean to do something like that to you. I wasn’t thinking straight. Did I hurt you?”

“I didn’t get hurt,” she replied in a flat tone. “Nichkhun I treated last night as something special that happened between us so far.”

“What? Tiffany, last night was a mistake.”

That did it. His words felt like he stabbed her heart with a knife, painful and atrocious. “A mistake? Khun did you forget what you said last night to me? That you can’t stop thinking about me and you needed me? Were those words true?” 

He looked at her speechless. “I…”

“Last night wasn’t a mistake to me!” she flared up. “Nichkhun it’s about time you should know that I can’t stand this no longer. Can’t you see that I like you? Heck, I’m even in love with you. Why are you so stupid to leave me hanging on a thread every single time?”

“Tiffany you know I’m engaged to Yoona. This shouldn’t happen at the first place,” he said in defense. 

“Could you please forget about Yoona just for one second! This is about us right now Nichkhun, god damn it!”

“What do you expect me to say!” he yelled back. 

“Tell me straight up what you feel about me. I need to know, I deserve to hear your thoughts after all these years. Be honest about this Khun.”

“You should know you’re special to me because you’ve been a good friend. You’re always there and I’m grateful for it. What else do you want me to say?”

Tiffany laughed bitterly. “Just a friend? A best friend all this time?”

“Yeah,” he blurted without thinking. “Nothing more than that,” he looked away as he knew he lied about that part. 

So that’s where she stood in his heart. It was just even more disappointing hearing him say it. “Why? Why am I not more than a friend to you? Was I not good enough?”

“What are you talking about?”

She was letting out all her emotions this time. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter