II

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon fixed his tie in front of the mirror as his fingers perfected a windsor knot. He styled his hair slightly with the use of gel even putting on some cologne. It was time for work, his first meeting with the board of directors in his company, as well as his set of colleagues. How was he feeling you may ask? Nervous. Without his father by side, he was quite uncertain. The fate of S&T Enterprises, was in his hands. But he knew his father had faith in him to do well.

And so he shall.

He went into the lift down to the parkade. He started the ignition of his car and glanced at the rear view mirror before pulling out. Even though he had been away from Seoul numerous times, his memory of the whole city was still fresh in his mind. As he approached an immensely large and tall building, he parked his car right in front of the drop off area where a valet would be waiting for his arrival.

“Good morning Mr. Ok,” the sturdy valet bowed as a formal greeting.

Taecyeon did a slight nod of his head. “Morning Junior. I expect my car back here by noon sharp.”

Junior bowed again, obeying his chief’s words. “Yes sir.”

The employees in the lobby regarded the tall, dark and handsome man marching in with alarming footsteps. They hopped back on their feet almost immediately as they watched their CEO enter one of the elevators. Ok Taecyeon was known for his chastisement at work and every single employee knew his patience. He was definitely smart, attractive and well-mannered in all eyes but he was organized in the company, very stern and intimidating. No one wanted to risk the chance to push his buttons when he was present.

“Oh! Taecyeon you’re here. How are you doing?”

Taecyeon greeted his father’s friend, Joon Park. “I’m doing good hyung. What about you?”

“Not so bad myself. Anyway, you’re finally back in business. I’m glad Jisub has finally passed on the baton to you.”

“Not really hyung. He just trusts me on my own now.”

“Which is great for you of course. Shall we get started?”

It was a long and occupied meeting between the board of directors and the CEO. They discussed mostly about the company’s assets, stocks and progress in the market overall. Taecyeon buried his head in loads of files, documents, statistics and several other pieces of information he had to know about his company. If it weren’t for his father, he would be enjoying a splendid vacation at the moment perhaps traveling in Europe or South America. But he had to be much more focused this time.

Joon Park sensed the young boss disengaging in the current discussion which he assumed to be enough for the day. “Alright ladies and gentlemen, I think we have done a very productive meeting. I guess we shall call it a day? Right Mr. Ok?”

Taecyeon shifted his gaze to the people gathered around him who were waiting for his response. “Yes,” he snapped out of his daze. “I appreciate everyone’s participation today. Thank you.”

Almost everyone stood up and left the conference room with the exception of Joon Park and the CEO.

“Are you okay Taecyeon?”

“Yes,” he forced a grin. “Just a lot to take in on the first day. Like it always does.”

“You’ll catch up in no time. I believe you’ll do well soon enough.”

Taecyeon let out a long sigh and patted Joon Park by the shoulder. “Thanks hyung.”

Meeting up with the company’s chief officers was what Taecyeon looked forward to after not being able to see them for a period of time. They were his friends, colleagues and pretty much the people who were around his age which allowed him to communicate well.

“Taecyeon my man! How are you bro?” Im Seulong was the chief officer of the financial department, one of Taecyeon’s best friends as well.

“I’m doing good Seulong. What about you?”

“Oh you know, just managing your company while you were gone for a whole year. No biggie,” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter