I

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nothing ever felt more like home upon glancing at the city of Seoul, from the window seat in the plane. It was nostalgic to spare thoughts about the great things beheld in the eyes, hear the familiar native language from crowds or even taste the scrumptious native delicacies to fulfill one’s craving.

But it was above all, relieving.

“Good morning everyone this is your captain speaking. We will be arriving in Incheon, National Airport in about five minutes, so please return to your seats in preparation for landing. It has been a long flight from Los Angeles, I hope all of you enjoyed your flight with us and welcome to South Korea.”

Ok Taecyeon grinned right after the pilot ended his short notice. He took a peek outside the window for the nth time unable to wait any second for his feet to step on the ground. Long hours sitting down in a seat earned him backaches and cramps. However since he was flying business class, he slept quite well during the early morning hours.

“Enjoy your stay sir,” a young elegant stewardess said to him as he took off with his suitcase. He marched through the hallways, passing through the arrivals section. Spotting his best friend among the cluster of people who were waiting for family members and visitors.

“How are you doing man?” Taecyeon asked as he offered a bro hug for the shorter lad.

“I’m doing good Taec, what about you?”

“Never better Jay.”

Jay Park had been Taecyeon’s best buddy for ten years plus and counting. Both of them shared a brother-like bond since Taecyeon met him back in the U.S. where they helped each other out during high school, their friendship branched out from there. Jay drove to the private apartment complex Taecyeon resided in whenever he went back to Korea.

Taecyeon stepped inside his house first, taking in the features after the lights were switched on. “Wow you’re keeping it neat bro.”

Jay scoffed. “It wasn’t easy Taec. I even worked my off to wipe the windows and mopped the floors in your kitchen.”

“Oh you bought beer? Great,” Taecyeon grabbed two cans of beer from the fridge then strolled into the living room, tossing one can to Jay. “So how’s life Jay?”

“Pretty boring really. I mean like as an officer in the police department, it’s not that much thrilling than I was a police.”

“That’s how it is when you’re promoted.”

“Are you doing fine bro? How’s uncle by the way?”

Taecyeon took a quick chug. “Dad’s fine and he’s in good shape. He’ll be coming here next month I guess.”

Jay roamed through some channels up on the wide flat screen hanging by the wall. “Right, he’ll be figuring out how well you’ll do as the future boss of your company.”

“I’ve been training hard. I know I’ll do well on the job after a couple of talks with dad.”

“I’m sure you will Taec,” Jay patted him on the shoulder. “Okay since you’re back here, we gotta get out of here and hit the clubs.”

A smirk tipped the corner of his mouth. “Tempting.”

 

Taecyeon put on his sunglasses, closed the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter