XXIX

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girls sat beside each other in the car, praying silently in their heads that the boys would be safe from harm. They weren’t sure what kind of situation the guys were in. But they knew they were in danger for sure, and that was not good. They had to make it in time before anything could happen. 

“Do you think they’ll be alright?” Yoona muttered her words over to Tiffany. 

Tiffany sighed, only clasping her hands tighter. “They have to be.”

“You girls alright?” Jay asked from the front passenger seat. “Cheer up a bit, it would lessen the wrinkles,” he tried lifting up the sullen atmosphere a little.

Yoona smiled involuntarily. “Are we there yet Jay?”

“Nope, not yet but we’re getting there, don’t worry.”


Taecyeon and Nichkhun were forced to head down the stairs and into the basement where James led them. It was almost pitch black in the basement, only to be lit up after the lights were switched on. James gestured at something covered with huge dusty white covers. He pulled the covers off to the floor, unveiling a giant silver vault. It was like those huge safety box vaults one would see in a bank. 

“Behold, the ninety billion dollar fortune your parents kept,” he claimed. “Yes, that does make your parents two of the richest people on Earth.”

“What…” Nichkhun had a look of surprise. “How did they earn that kind of money?”

“You had no idea your parents owned tons of businesses and were very, very successful. They accumulated their wealth over many years, also inheriting your grandparents’ wealth. So that made them store this kind of amount.”

“How did you get this?”

“I removed the vault right before your house caught the flames. I knew about their fortune ever since I spoke with your mother one time, mentioning it by accident.”

Nichkhun struggled from the knot that was tied around his wrist. “Then what do you want from us! You want the money anyway,” he yelled.

James shook his head. “Oh no,” he wagged his finger. “The vault can only be unlocked with two different Park’s handprints. So as you may see, I needed the both of you with me.” 

“That can’t be possible. It should be our parents’ fingerprints not ours. We didn’t have our identities registered in that vault.”

James tilted his head. “Shall we give it a try then?” he mentioned Nichkhun to come over. 

The guards forced Nichkhun to move forward, raising his hand over the handprint scanner. It took a minute for the machine to register his handprint in the system. As expected, the scanner approved of his handprint. 

“Well, I guess we have guessed right didn’t we Eliott?” 

Nichkhun had his head hanging low, not believing he granted half of the access. Taecyeon was going against James’ orders but was silenced with a gun pressed into his back. 

“Now, now Scott. Let’s not make this difficult as it needs to be. I have waited over twenty years to take away whatever’s remaining for the Park family.” 

Taecyeon had his hand forced onto the handprint scanner, receiving another approval from the system. The vault recognized both identities, as it unlocked step by step. James did the honors of opening the door of the vault, showing rows and columns of safety boxes that contained a hefty amount of money. 

“At last,” James slid a safety box open, and spotted real cash stacked neatly. “We found what we need boys,” he smirked. “Thank you very much for your hard work, Scott and Eliott. I couldn’t have done it without you.”

“Now you’ve got what you wanted. Let us go!” 

“Oh I don’t think so. I think it’s best if we eradicate the remaining members of the family. We wouldn’t want anymore surprises from you two. Alright, time to pack the safety boxes in the trucks. We’ll keep these two brothers here in the basement.”

“Let us go!”

“You’ll probably die the same way like your parents, perished in the fire.” 

“Sir! Sir! There are cops heading to our area!” 

“,” James cursed, checking the time on his watch. “Come on we have to hurry.” 


Jay unbuckled his seatbelt, turning around to warn the girls beforehand. “Okay, I want both of you to stay in the car where it’s safe. Obviously when we break out into a fight, please remain in the car or else you’ll just get shot. Don’t leave the car until everything’s clear and safe, got it?”

They nodded their heads obediently. “We’ll just wait here.”

“Good.” Jay closed the car door shut, instructing orders to the team. “Alright everyone, fall into your places. Find Taecyeon and Nichkhun, and take down any other suspects.” 

Groups of agents approached the mansion, breaking through the doors by force. A swarm of gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter