VIII

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona packed her books and files in her handbag but carried the larger ones with her arms. She heard her phone vibrating on her nightstand and went over to pick it up. 

“Hello?” she smiled when she recognized the voice over the line. “Nichkhun! How are you hun?” she asked, sitting on the edge of her bed. 

“I just wanted to call. I’ve been missing you now for quite a while.”

“But it’s only been a couple of days,” she giggled. “Are you doing fine in Tokyo?”

“Yes, and the meeting’s tomorrow! I’m nervous about this hun.”

“Don’t be! You’re going to be confident and conversate well. In that way, you’ll be making your father proud.”

“I guess. Well, thank you for the motivation! I’ll call you again later okay?” 

“Bye! Take care honey!” she ended the call and watched his name pop up in the screen. 

She continued running through her things as she knew time was ticking away. Putting on her lipstick, she pursed her lips together and placed it back in the drawer. She took out her compact mirror from her bag, pausing when she saw something unfamiliar. Se picked up a black wallet and then she remembered. Without much thought, she placed it back in her bag and dialed the number in her phone. 

“Hello, this is Ok Taecyeon speaking,” said the voice at the other end. She assumed he was probably at work in his office at this hour. 

“Taecyeon! It’s me Yoona,” she replied. 

“Oh Yoona…how’d you get my number?”

“I got it from Nichkhun.”

“Is that so? What’s up?”

“You left your wallet in my car last night and I thought you might need it.”

“Right! I was looking for it earlier this morning. It’s with you huh?”

“Yes! You’ll be at Elite later on I’m assuming?”

“Oh no I need to take care of something back in my company when you’re done with school. S&T Enterprises, have you heard about it?”

“Yes, yes,” she chirped. “I knew about it a few months back. But anyway, I’ll drop by at your work place then?” 

“Sure Yoona. When you get to the lobby just say your name and I’ll be sure to redirect you to my office. Sounds good?”

She nodded. “Okay then I’ll see you later, bye!” She let out a sigh and stared at her phone for long seconds. “Oh shoot I’m gonna be late!” 

Yoona grabbed her handbag and locked the door, leaving her studio apartment shortly. 


Taecyeon tapped his pen on the desk and took a quick sip of his coffee. He put his glasses back on resuming to calculate some expenses and earnings that he was reviewing. 

“Mr. Ok.”

“Yes come in,” he said without looking up. 

Hyunbin rested his hand on the taller man’s shoulder. “Taecyeon, I’d like you to meet Choi Siwon.”

Taecyeon dropped his pen and made his way to the two guys, extending his hand out for the younger lad. “Hey bro, I’m Ok Taecyeon of S&T Enterprises.”

“Yes I’ve heard so much about it,” smiled Siwon. “It’s nice to finally meet you Taecyeon. You’re doing a project with Nichkhun right?” 

“Yes.”

“Doing well so far?”

“Yes, thank you for asking.”

“Siwon is the chief operating officer. Sometimes he would be the one in charge whenever Nichkhun’s not managing. We were just discussing about the stock market and came to chec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter