XXI

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun signed the papers on the table then shook his hands with the respective officials. He was done with the contracts, now all he had to do was to return to Korea to report his duties. He walked along the hallway and found Tiffany waiting for him patiently at the lobby. 

“We’re done,” he said. “All set to Seoul.”

Tiffany just nodded her head at him walking off without saying anything. Nichkhun clutched his hand on the hollow of his neck knowing that she wasn’t going to talk to him anytime soon. She didn’t even bother speaking ever since their last morning together in her suite. She ignored him though he tried to talk to her but something was still holding him back. 

Nichkhun packed his clothes into his suitcase, pausing as he sat on the edge of the bed. The words Tiffany confessed to him was on his mind all day long. He couldn’t stop thinking about her. If he were to be honest, he was glad to figure out that she liked him even when they were still young. He didn’t know what do next after this. In fact, he’s still loved Yoona. Or at least that’s what he thought.

The flight back to Seoul was quiet aside from the fact that Nichkhun and Tiffany were sitting right beside each other the whole time. Either she was too busy reading a book or he was sleeping for about half the ride. 

“Do you have someone to pick you up?” he questioned as she took her luggage from the baggage claim area. “I could take you home if you want.”

“No my dad’s picking me up. Thanks anyway.”

Nichkhun watched Tiffany walk up to a car which he assumed was her dad. He stared at the ground for quite a while until his chaffeur arrived to pick him up. 


“Tiffany! Hey!” Taecyeon hugged the younger woman in his arms, grinning as he felt her laugh in his chest. “You’re finally back, how’s New York City?”

“It was fun.”

“Fun? That’s it?” he teased. “Where is Khun?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t seen him this morning.”

Nichkhun and Yoona appeared in the scene, causing Tiffany to grow quiet. Taecyeon didn’t hesitate on greeting his buddy back though. “Khun bro, how are you man?”

“I’m good thank you, yourself? How’s work been for the past month?”

“Most of the time I’m at my company and you can ask Yoona about how things are in Elite.”

“Yeah we caught up with each other this morning.” 

There was an existing tension among them. Tiffany remained silent, Yoona was glancing over at Taecyeon, Nichkhun thought of how he would get on good terms again with Tiffany, and Taecyeon casted Yoona a knowing look before he carried on talking about a topic. It was impossible not to think for a moment about the times both couples spent together in secret. Facts of Taecyeon and Yoona being together and Nichkhun and Tiffany spending the night. They thought they should let it lie low first or they would end up in a mess. 


Nichkhun marched the down the hallway, turning the doorknob that led to the meeting room. He walked inside to see most of the executives present as well as his father. He sat up front to his swivel chair and as he settled in his seat, he caught Tiffany chatting happily with Siwon across the table. They literally were talking across from him so it was not that hard to listen to their conversation. 

“Oh stop it,” she hit Siwon on the shoulder lightly, smiling from ear to ear. 

He didn’t like the way how Siwon was flirting with her on a not-so-obvious way but from the looks of it, he definitely was flirting. What’s worse was it felt like they were rubbing it in his face. Hyunbin began the meeting shortly a while later with all of the members listening to his talk in an attentive manner. 

“I expect reports back by the end of the week. You’re dismissed.” 

Nichkhun sat still in his seat, his gaze focused on Tiffany who chatted with Siwon aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter