V

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunbin and Jisub turned to face their sons who were sitting across them, discussing about the location of the mall. They were pleased to know they were making an effort about this project from the beginning. They believed this partnership was a good idea for both companies. 

“So Nichkhun, what do you think?” his father paused their little chat for minute. 

The two gentlemen showed their grinning faces. “Yeah! It’s doing great dad. We were just finalizing the location and we’re off to go.” 

“Good! Well it’s been a splendid meeting with you Jisub. I hope to have more meetings like this. Don’t you think?”

Jisub shook hands with him. “Yes quite so. Anyway, Taecyeon and I shall get going. Are we all good son?”

Taecyeon stood up, nodding at his father. “Yes dad we’re calling it a day.” 

Nichkhun placed his hands into his pockets. “I’ll see you tomorrow Taec.” 

Jisub and Taecyeon bowed before they left, leaving Hyunbin and Nichkhun alone in the conference room.


Jisub poured red wine into his glass, glancing at the balcony where Taecyeon was. His son appeared deep in thought which made him grab another glass of red wine. 

“Hey son,” he offered the glass to Taecyeon who gave him a smile. “You look like you could use a drink to lighten up the thoughts.” 

“Thanks dad,” Taecyeon took a quick sip before staring off at the city landscape. “I was just thinking about my responsibilities. That I need to work hard for the company, set a good leadership role and all other things to make your company successful.”

Jisub stared at his son with wonder. “You know Taec, everything’s not about being successful. All of us will make mistakes in the long run and that’s absolutely fine. I just want you to interact more with people, have some fun and enjoy life in general. Work hard, but play hard as well,” Jisub has a playful grin which caused Taecyeon to laugh. 

“Besides you’re still young and learning. What’s the rush?” 

“I don’t know how I’ll do anything without you dad,” Taecyeon whispered in a small voice. 

Jisub patted Taecyeon by the back. “And sometimes I thank the heavens above for a blessing like you Taecyeon. The second you appeared in my life, everything changed for the better.”

“I won’t let you down, I promise.” 

“You never did and I’m pretty sure you won’t,” he stated. “Anyway, come on son let’s get some sleep.” 

Taecyeon just nodded in response, continuing to stare at the night sky. 


A week passed, Taecyeon has been settling in nicely at Elite. He was co-operating well with Nichkhun and a couple of executives he met while doing their project. Also he has gotten closer to Tiffany during lunches talking about things outside of work. Sometimes he would coincidentally meet Yoona when he’s finished with his duties, casually saying their greetings but nothing more than a five minute conversation since she was busy with work assigned both at her office and school. 

Taecyeon was at his usual spot in the café where he spends free time at during lunch hour. He twirled the teaspoon in his cup as he read a newspaper with his free hand. 

“Hey Taec!” he became too familiar to the voice of Tiffany’s. “How’s the project so far?” 

“Doing good as usual. I think they’ll start building it next week or something.” 

“Well isn’t that thrilling,” she chuckled, making her way to the counter to order coffee. 

Nichkhun occupied the seat next to Taecyeon’s. “Taec I’ve got some news to deliver,” he sighed. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter