III

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon was sitting at the lounge area browsing through his phone as he waited for Nichkhun’s meeting to end. He arrived at Elite exactly noon sharp but he was informed by one of his assistants that Nichkhun was still in a meeting. There wasn’t any rush so it’s fine to be waiting.

Nichkhun appeared from the lift and skipped towards Taecyeon, bowing his head as a greeting.“Mr. Ok! I apologize for my tardiness, I was stuck in a meeting that I needed to attend,” he panted.

“Woah calm down Nichkhun,” Taecyeon chuckled. “First let’s get rid of the formalities you can call me Taec and I can call you Khun. It’s fine I was just here for five minutes or so.”

“Good! That’s good. So um anyway, shall we get started? Taec?”

“Let’s go then.”

Nichkhun did a basic tour for Taecyeon, showing what department each floor was and the people who were respective chief officers under their area assigned. First impression to Taecyeon was that Elite was one big company, like a hugely built tower and everything was perfectly neat and spotless. Everyone was nice and polite too since each floor he went, the employees greeted him with a smile.

“What do you think Taec?” Nichkhun asked with his hands in his pockets, watching his friend’s expression in awe.

“It’s a lot to take in but I’m pretty sure I’ll get used to it.”

“I felt the same way when my dad told me I was included in this business.”

“Well both of us are the sons they’re counting on,” Taecyeon smiled as he patted Nichkhun’s shoulder.

“Come on let’s take a break. You must be in need of an espresso.”

Taecyeon scoffed and gave him a thumbs up. “You know me so well.”

They took a break at a coffee shop nearby the company, discussing more about the talks in the business world. What they had to be careful of, who they had to be trading with and stuff related to those topics.

Nichkhun placed his cup on the table and asked, “Is it hard for you Taecyeon?”

Taecyeon rose an eyebrow. “Hard for me?”

“To go back and forth between Seoul and LA. Does it bother you?”

“Well it was back then for the first couple of times but I got used to it. Everything’s just a matter of time,” he said placing his cup of espresso on the coffee table.

Nichkhun nodded. “That’s true,” he paused for a minute. “You’re just living with your dad in LA then?”

“Dad’s in and out of the house  because he’s traveling to and fro places. But it’s pretty good for me because I secretly throw parties in my place,” he snickered.

“That’s nice. What about your mom?”

Taecyeon flashed a sad smile. “She’s gone. I don’t really talk about my mom that much,” he muttered.

Nichkhun pursed his lips. “I’m sorry Taec, I didn’t mean to.”

“No it’s okay Khun. I’m cool with it.”

“Hey, how about I treat you for dinner tonight? Also celebrating with some red wine. How about it Taec?”

Taecyeon sipped his cup of espresso before responding, “That would be great.”

 

“So I have been sorting out the files you’ve been asking for,” Jay gave Taecyeon a couple of confidential folders. “I’ve reviewed them too.”

Taecyeon tossed the folders on his desk, loosening his tie slightly. “How’s the research going?”

“Pretty good. I’ve included the important details behind each profile in case you might ask.”

He took one folder in his hand and read it carefully. “Thanks Jay, I couldn’t have done this without you.”

Jay shrugged his shoulders. “Just make sure these decisions you’re making won’t affect your dad and mostly, yourself.”

Taecyeon’s gaze was placid at Jay. “I know what I’m after for Jay. Don’t worry about me.”

“I’m not worried Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter