XXVII

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun released his hands off of Taecyeon’s collar, taking a few steps back. His words hit him hard, he didn’t see this one coming at all. He thought he would never see his younger brother again. And most of all, he didn’t expect it to be Taecyeon. He was a very confidential person himself, he made sure no one took notice of his past. But how did Taecyeon find out?

“How did you…” he cleared his throat. “How did you find me?”

Taecyeon walked towards the glass windows. “I was only ten years old back then. You didn’t know how much hell I had been through. I felt like killing myself at one point of time. I asked myself why did my brother leave me? Why wasn’t he there for me? Why am I alone?”

“I met my dad, Jisub. He was the only person I could trust with my whole life. He took me in when no one else wanted me. I grew up, and I was rich enough to ask people to do some investigations. I had a help from a friend of mine and he found you one day. He was a skilled detective, he knew his ways. Our DNA matched and I finally went back here in Seoul. I wanted to make sure, I had my revenge because you neglected me for seventeen long years.” 

“I had reasons,” Nichkhun sighed. “I had good reasons why I left you.”

Taecyeon turned his body around to face him. “Good reasons?” he scoffed. “You didn’t know how many times I was caught by the police Khun. I was put into jail. I was taken to a horrible hostel. I was beaten up to death from selfish bastards I loathed. And they were all because of you. Hell, you didn’t give a about me when you were adopted into a rich family.”

“Stop it! It was for your own safety Taecyeon! Mom and Dad told me I was responsible for your safety when we were young.”

“Exactly my point,” he scowled. “You gave no about me, so where was your responsibility?”

“I didn’t mean for you to have a life like that Taec…I left you for a good reason.” 

“And what ing reason was that!” Taecyeon grabbed his collar this time. “Tell me!”

“Someone is after us!” Nichkhun finally released the burden within him. “We were in danger, Taec.”

“What?”

“Dad told me I had to protect you from harmful people. There was a gang after them, and that was why our parents were killed. Dad warned me beforehand that I should keep you safe and…we couldn’t be together.”

“Why? Why did dad tell you that we have to be separated?”

“The gang was after something within our family. Dad told me we couldn’t be together because if we were, we will be the next ones who’ll get killed.” 

“So that was why you abandoned me…”

“Taec, I didn’t mean it to be like that. My heart was hurting as well, I’ve always wanted to meet you again but I can’t because it’s too dangerous. I had to make a new name, a new identity so that I could escape from possible suspects.”

“Why didn’t you just tell me! We could’ve reported those bastards!”

“I can’t! I was young and scared back then. I didn’t know what to do! I just followed our parents’ orders. Look Taec, you can hate me for all you want but right now we’re under some serious threat.”

Taecyeon paced around the room, analyzing the situation thoroughly in his head. “Why are they after us?”

“I don’t know,” Nichkhun pursed his lips. “I’ve been asking myself that since we were separated.”

“That’s it, I need to follow up an investigation on this.” 

Taecyeon called for Jay immediately. “Jay, you found little evidence of my dad’s death right?” he was sure the gan who killed his father was the one looking for him. 

“Yes, it’s about the license plate number of a speeding car a passerby caught.”

“Who’s the owner of the car?”

“Hold on,” Jay took the case out of a file. “It was a copy of an original license plate of a rightful owner. But remember that I went to visit this person, and he knew nothing about the gang.”

“Okay, I’ll call you back.” Taecyeon tossed his phone on the table. “Have you seen any member of the gang before?”

“I’m afraid not.”


Yoona was walking back home to her apartment after she had done grocery shopping at a nearby supermarket. She figured she would cook dinner again for Taecyeon, and maybe watch another movie. A man was following behind her, and she noticed it when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter