XII

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon wore his black vest buttoning it up over his white blouse. He folded his bowtie in front of the mirror and topped it off with a classic  jet black blazer. He rubbed the gel between his palms, applying it afterwards through his hair. He smiled at his reflection. Of course he dressed up for the occasion which was Elite’s 25th Anniversary taking place this evening at the company itself. He knew Yoona was attending so he took this opportunity to look good himself. 

Jisub appeared in his room looking around for something. “Hey son do you have an extra tie?” 

“Yeah here,” Taecyeon picked a maroon tie from his cabinet. “Is this color okay?”

“Perfect,” he watched his father hang it around his neck. “Are you ready for tonight?”

“Yes I am. Are you?”

“I haven’t attended these kind of events in a while. So I’m quite looking forward to it.”

“So am I.”

The father and son finished their preparations as they headed off to Elite in time for the event. They entered the building to observe people chatting in clusters, creating noise at the lobby already. Into the designated ballroom they went where the staff dinner would be served at. Jisub excused himself to speak with a group of entrepreneurs who called for him. Taecyeon strolled around the area finding his familiar colleagues. 

“Taec! We’re right here!” he saw Tiffany waving at a table near the stage up front. 

Tiffany exchanged a friendly hug with the taller lad. “My gosh you’re looking good tonight Taec,” she complimented his stylish suit. “Definitely impressing the ladies.”

Taecyeon shrugged innocently. “It’s for occasions.” 

“Come sit,” she patted on the chair next to her. “The couple will join us later.”

“Where are they anyway?”

She swayed her head side to side looking for the pair. “They’re talking to a group over there.” 

He followed the direction where she was pointing to and she’s right, Nichkhun and Yoona were beside each other chatting with guests. He could wait ‘till they got to their their table. 

“So what’s happening now?”

“Mr. Kim’s just chatting and waiting for some more guests. Then he’ll make an announcement or similar stuff related to a thanks to speech. Then it’s staff dinner! Literally a full five-course meal.”

He chuckled. “Well isn’t that something for our stomachs to look forward to.” 

Nichkhun and Yoona marched across to the other side of the room, returning back to their table with Tiffany. “Oh hey man you’re here!” Nichkhun clapped on Taecyeon’s shoulder. “Did you wait long? Where’s your dad?”

“Nah I just arrived actually. My dad’s busy doing business talk. How are you man?”

“Doing good myself, my dad’s pretty pumped up about this event.”

“I can tell,” he pointed out Mr. Kim laughing together with some chief executives. “And how are you Yoona?”

The girl lifted her gaze up at Taecyeon’s. “I’m fine thank you,” replying shortly. 

Taecyeon regarded Yoona as an attractive beauty tonight. He gazed her up from head to toe, as she wore a lovely emerald green dress that flaunted off her shoulders. Her long wavy hair and light but noticeable make-up gave off a sense of charisma. Absolutely stunning in his eyes. 

Yoona thought the same thing about Taecyeon. He looked oh so fine in his dashing tuxedo, his hair styled up perfectly and she took notice of his strong angular jaw that defined his masculinity. It was impossible not to admire his tall handsome figure. He looked amazing to say the least. 

Everyone settled down in their tables and seats after a while of communication. Hyunbin stood in front of all his guests and welcomed them. “Thank you all for coming tonight to mark the 2

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter