VII

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being alone at work or handling the project on his own wasn’t really Taecyeon’s thing. He really preferred some company while carrying out work. It felt quiet, serious and made it feel like time passed painfully slow. Luckily he didn’t die out of boredom thanks to Tiffany’s frequent visits on him or Nichkhun’s dad Hyunbin. 

Taecyeon watched the clock tick away as he sat against the swivel chair spinning around in slow circles. How would he cope one week of boredom at work. 

“Taecyeon,” Hyunbin walked into his office after a knock on the door. He stood up straight instantly and bowed. “How’s it going?”

“I’m doing good sir.”

“It’s tough when Nichkhun isn’t here huh?”

“One week’s alright for me sir. Besides I just need to check on how the mall’s doing.” 

“Right I just got informed by one of the head construction workers that they are requesting for you at the site.”

Taecyeon rose from his chair, walking around the desk. “Oh really? Should I head over to the site now?”

“Yes you could come visit anytime you want.” 

“Thank you Mr. Kim.”

Hyunbin left shortly and Taecyeon grabbed his phone from his desk skipping out of the office, planning to visit the construction site and inspect the progress. He was scrolling through his phone then he felt something hot and stinging on his abdomen. He winced in response to the stinging pain he felt on his skin. 

“Oh my god!” he looked down to his wet shirt and an obvious light brown stain of coffee. He was about to curse under his breath until he shared eye contact with the one who spilled on him. 

“Taecyeon I’m so sorry!” Yoona bit her lip panicking as she grabbed her handkerchief out of her pocket and wiped the front of his shirt quickly. “I was rushing to my office to get something and I didn’t notice I,” she rambled on further. 

He just stared at her smiling involuntarily, forgetting the pain two seconds ago. “No no, it’s my fault I uh didn’t watch my path.” 

Yoona glanced at her now soaked handkerchief. “I’m really sorry…”

“Nah it’s okay,” he chuckled at the coffee stain. “I was about to head over to the construction site but I guess I need to change first.”

She bowed her head apologetically. “I’ll be more careful next time,” she said smiling nervously. 

Taecyeon shook his head. “I won’t mind if you would pour dozens of coffee cups at me as long as it’s you Yoona,” he winked. 

She held her breath for a split second. “You’re checking the project right?”

“Yeah I’ll just be talking with the one in charge. Just checking how things are doing.”

“I see,” she nodded, sighing when she eyed his shirt. “Is there anything I can do to make it up for this,” she pointed at his stain. 

“I’m going to this great local restaurant tonight for dinner. Would you like to come?” 

“Dinner? Yeah I’m free tonight,” she smiled. 

“Wonderful. We’ll go once you’re done for the day. Sounds good?”

“Sounds good to me.”


The head chief of the construction site laid out the blueprints on the table. “As you can see we are currently developing the base Mr. Ok.”

Taecyeon nods his head. “That’s good. Just be sure to follow the blueprints exactly and I’ll share with some updates about my friend’s opinions. Understand?”

“Yes Mr. O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter