XXIII

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon came sprinting through the hallways of the quiet hospital, searching frantically for the emergency rooms. He didn’t even think of anything else but wonder how his father was doing. He turned to a corner and found Jay sitting outside of the emergency room. 

“Jay, what happened man?”

“Taec, it’s not looking so good. Your dad’s shot in the liver.”

Taecyeon raked his fingers through his hair, cursing under his breath. It was a critical organ and he knew it too well that his father was in deep trouble. “How long has he been in there?”

“About three hours.”

“Okay what happened? How was he shot?”

“I was on duty and I received a call from the people living at the same apartment. I reviewed the CCTV at the entrance of parking lot, there was a group of people wearing masks fighting with your dad.”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah.”

Both of them waited patiently outside for half an hour more until a doctor approached them. Taecyeon stood up, looking hopeful. “Hey Doc, how’s my dad?”

“He’s in a critical state, Mr. Ok. We’ve successfully extracted the bullet out of his liver, but his health is at risk.”

“Is there any available liver transplant?”

“Unfortunately we have yet to find a match with your father. For now we would have to keep an eye on him. I’m sorry Mr. Ok.” 

Taecyeon nodded sadly. “Alright. Thank you Doc.” 

Jay placed his hand on his shoulder. “Don’t worry Taec, let’s hope for the best.”


Tiffany’s eyes fluttered open, catching the glimpse of light from the window. She yawned involuntarily, followed by a long stretch of her arms. She turned to the side not expecting a sleeping Nichkhun beside her. There was a small dry towel on her forehead too. Did she have a fever? She knew she drank last night but didn’t expect it to be quite mild, to the point where she would be slightly ill. Her heart melted though. The thought of Nichkhun taking care of her the whole night, definitely won her heart over. She touched his hair, combing her fingers through it gently. 

“Why are you doing this Khun,” she muttered. She was hesitant of waking him. What would he say to her? 

“Khun wake up,” she moved him by the shoulder. 

Nichkhun flinched from his position. “Why? What happened?” he questioned, still very much sleepy. “Tiffany?”

“Get up, it’s morning.”

“Oh god, what time is it?”

“It’s eight.”

He stood up, glancing around at the bedroom. “Are you feeling better?” he placed his hand on top of her forehead again. “Less warmer.”

“Did you take me home last night?”

“Obviously,” he smiled. “Stay right here, I’ll make breakfast for you.”

“Wait,” she called him back. “Aren’t we late for work though?”

“No you’re not going to work today. I’ll make a call later in the office.”

Nichkhun headed to the kitchen without much thought. He didn’t realize he would fall asleep at her place for the whole night. At least, he had a chance to look after her. His priorities were suddenly changing, as well as his heart. 


Taecyeon was on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter