XXII

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If he were to be damn honest at that point of time, Nichkhun would be down right jealous. He couldn’t tolerate seeing Tiffany with another guy. And what’s making it worse was that she had been ignoring him for days which was driving him insane. He sat a few tables away from where he could see her chatting with Siwon. And yeah, that guy was getting on his nerves too. 

“You know you’re gonna get wrinkles soon,” he looked back at Taecyeon who laughed at his own facial expression of disapproval. “Try smiling maybe.”

“Sorry,” Nichkhun focused intently on his cup of coffee. 

“What’s making you so bothered?”

“Huh? Oh it’s nothing…”

Of course Taecyeon knew about his situation with Tiffany. He just wanted to know if Nichkhun would actually talk about it. “I’m right here if you need a listening buddy,” he joked. 

“How are things going in S&T?”

“Fine as usual. I’m happy my dad’s back so I could spend some time here in Elite, escaping major duties in my office at my company.”

Nichkhun nodded. “Well that’s good. Oh right, our contractor updated us about the on-going constructions.”

“Oh yeah? Is everything going as planned?”

Nichkhun tilted his head, glancing over to Tiffany shortly. “I uh,” he cleared his throat. Literally, why was Siwon whispering in Tiffany’s ear. Why did they have to sit next to each other? Was it necessary?

Taecyeon snapped his fingers in front of Nichkhun. “Hey, you alright?”

“What?” 

“You didn’t even answer my question bro,” he chuckled.

“Yes! I mean yes, the architecture is doing just well.” Nichkhun had his fists clenching slightly, noticing how close Siwon and Tiffany were. If only he could separate those two from each other. But then again, why was he thinking like this? Why was he so concerned?


Nichkhun didn’t feel like going home that night. He wanted to do something, go somewhere different. And he figured he could use some liquor at that moment. He dropped by at a bar he first came across, parking his car at the spacious lot. The ambience in the place was nice and soothing, he felt more relaxed by then.

“I’ll have a vodka,” he told the bartender as he threw a couple of notes on the counter. 

There was nothing much going on at the bar except for groups of people communicating with one another. Jazz music played and he liked it better than loud, blaring night clubs. His eyes looked around the place, and to his surprise he found Tiffany drinking by herself as well. He hopped off the high chair as he walked over to her table. 

“Tiffany?” 

She lifted her heavy head up. “Khun…what are you doing here.”

He could tell she was drunk already since her words came out in a slur. Not to mention the four glasses of tequila she emptied placed by the side. “What are you doing here? You’re going to get a headache the next day.”

“Don’t touch me,” she scowled when she felt his arm grabbing onto her wrist. “I’m fine.”

“No you’re not. You need to go home.”

“What am I, a kid? I can take care of myself,” her words blurted out lazily. “Leave me alone Khun!”

“Alright, that’s it.”

Nichkhun grabbed her wrist, making her stand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter