XI

Blind Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon held out an invitation in front of his father. “Dad we’re invited to come to Elite’s anniversary. I hope you’ll come with me.”

Jisub read the card hidden inside the envelop. “I assume there’s a staff dinner,” he grinned.

“Yes there is. So are you coming?”

“Sure son I’ll go with you.”

“Thanks dad,” he bowed his head and left the office shortly. He ran into his good friend Seulong, offering a handshake. “Hey bro how’s it going?”

Seulong was pleased to see the CEO back in his company. “Taec my man! You’re back here in S&T?”

“No I handed an invitation to my dad. Just dropping by.”

“You’re spending so much time in Elite I’m getting lonely here,” he joked. 

“I know I know, don’t worry I’ll be back soon.” 

“I’m counting on that pal,” Seulong clapped onto Taecyeon’s shoulder. “See you around Taec!”

Taecyeon headed out of the lobby, hopping back in his car. He drove to Elite with slight expectations of meeting Yoona just to see if she was alright from her state last Friday. He greeted a couple of employees while on his way to his office, searching around to see if she was present at the lobby. He sighed knowing his luck wasn’t with him today. As he stepped into the elevator, he didn’t expect Tiffany and Yoona joining him in the lift as well. 

“Hi Taec!” Tiffany showed her signature eye smile at him. “How are you?”

“I’m good thanks,” he replied courteously. “How are you ladies?”

“Good,” they answered. He noticed Yoona playing with her fingers on the other side. “Yoona how are you feeling?”

She shot her head up and smiled at him. “Better than ever,” she said. 

He nodded. “That’s good to know.”

Tiffany was confused at his question. “Why what happened to Yoona?”

“She got drunk last Friday.”

“Oh…wow Yoona you’re wild,” she chuckled. Yoona just blushed, slapping Tiffany lightly on her arm.

“So Taec are you going to the event this week?”

“Yes I am, my dad’s joining me.”

“Great! We’re all going then. It’s gonna be so exciting guys,” Tiffany clapped her hands together wishing for the event to come quick. The elevator doors opened with the two ladies alighting off, leaving Taecyeon inside the lift to ponder. He assumed Yoona was still thinking about his question since before. It was a sign that she was affected by it. And why she was avoiding him too. 


“How’s the progress of the mall going?” 

“We’re setting up the floors and ordered the amount of materials needed sir.” 

Nichkhun and Taecyeon walked around the site inspecting the job of the construction workers. They were satisfied to figure out the progress was fast and efficient just as they expected. The location they picked was ideal as well because there were tons of people roaming along the streets. They knew it would attract customers and leisure among citizens. 

“We’ll come back again next week.”

“Yes sir,” bowed the chief. 

“What do you think Taec?”

“Yes hopefully soon enough it’s all done. I’m anticipating the outcome myself.”

They shared a laugh. “Me as well. Oh yeah, thank you for taking care of Yoona last week. I didn’t know she crossed over her tolerance.”

“No problem Khun. It’s what friends are for, always glad to help.” 

“You go to the same club as her?”

“Yeah my bestfriend and I grab a drink at that place. I was shocked to see her at the club the first time.”

“Yoona’s like that, always making time for her friends and having some fun. I let her be since I trust her on her own and I met her friends before so I got nothing to worried about.” 

Taecyeon just smiled at Nichkhun. “Right.”


Hyunbin called for Yoona which she approached to instantly. “Yes Mr. Kim?”

“Yoona if you don’t mind, can you please give this file to Taecyeon?”

She stood frozen at his question. “What sir?”

The older man smiled at her blank stare. “Bring this file to Taecyeon please,” he requested kindly. 

Yoona bowed her head taking the file in her hand, walking off to the elevator. What was she going to do? How was she going to react when she sees him? She hasn’t been speaking with Taecyeon since the night he took her home. She was too nervous to face him. But she reached her destination. She stood by the door hesitating to turn the doorknob. Honestly she had been so bothered about the thoughts in her head, she wanted to avoid Taecyeon as much as possible. She knocked lightly and earned a response. Her figure passed through the door, closing it behind her and tried to raise her confidence. There he was, sitting in his swivel chair writing down a report with his glasses on. He didn’t even look up but she was already anxious to talk to him.

“Oh Yoona it’s you,” he blurted taking off his glasses and putting them aside. 

“Mr. Ok here is a file Mr. Kim wanted to drop off for you,” she stated in a formal tone. 

Taecyeon received the file from her hand. “Thank you,” he smiled. “Why are we beginning with formalities now Miss Im,” he stated it as a sentence rather than a question. 

Yoona turned around slowly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter