Good Bye

BROTHERS

Chapter 27 : Good Bye.


 

The rain that falls make Suga drenched because he is not bringing an umbrella. He also refused to share umbrella with Risa. When everybody starts leaving, Suga is not moving an inch. He just stared emotionlessly at the grave.

Everybody has gone leaving only him and his mom, the boys, Sera and Mr. Jeon. Sera and Mr. Jeon leave a minute after that. The boys stayed with Suga. When Suga is not using an umbrella, they did the same. Not matter how heavy the rain is.

"Yoongi, let’s go now. Dad won't be happy seeing you like this." Risa grab his hand. Suga doesn't response but his feet move as Risa starts walking. She now sharing her umbrella with him.

"Boys, you should go home too. Thank you for helping us and for being here." Risa smiled to them. They nodded.

"We're sorry for the losing Ma'am." Namjoon spoke on their behalf. Risa nodded. Her eyes landed on Jungkook who doesn't dare to lift his head up front. She held his hand. Jungkook look at her. She smiled. Honestly, Risa doesn't hate Jungkook. She know that boy was just a situation victim. He's innocent.

Jungkook take a look at Suga who just look to the front. He even not sparing a glance to him since they first met today after the incident at the hospital two days ago.

"Hyu-" Suga walked away in the rain when Jungkook starts speaking. Risa gave him supportive smile and pressed his hand before she jogs to get Suga. Jungkook tilted his head down. His tears united with the rain and it looks he cried really hard as he cried inside.

Taehyung and Jimin come hugging him. The boys now know the secret. That Jungkook and Suga are biological sibling with different dad.

"Don't you think you should go home now?" Jin asked when they are alone in the car. During Jungkook's run away, he stayed at Jin house.

"I'm sorry for burdening you hyung. It’s okay, I'll stay somewhere." Jungkook's answer make Jin laughed. He is not going to chase him.

"Yah I'm not chasing you okay. I just worried about you. The school will start soon and you need to make up with your parents. They are your parents after all."

Jungkook didn't response and he looked outside the window. Jin sighed again. Like hyung like dongsaeng. They love stay quiet when they have problem but at least Suga would talk to him. About Jungkook, he seems to have ton of rocks inside. It is really hard to make him speak up.

"Jungkook, how about tonight you stay at Taehyung house? You are comfortable around him since you both in same age. You need to talk to someone and that someone is obviously not me." Jin chuckled. He tried his best to be a good hyung but Jungkook didn't bought it.

"Taehyung have been asking me to send you to his house since yesterday and he will be happy to have you. Plus, Jimin is there for you too." Jin tried to convince him to go when Jungkook is not answering.

"Okay." Jungkook smile a little. Jin was glad to see his little smile today. He ruffled his hair. Jin then take a U-turn to send him to Taehyung’s.

“Bro!” Taehyung spread his arm wide to welcome Jungkook in front of his gate. Jungkook smiles and hug him. Jimin who leans on the gate smiled. When Jungkook finished hugging Taehyung, Jimin take his turn. He even ruffled Jungkook’s hair making him giggle.

“I shall go now.” Jin said and waved them. They smiled and waved him too.

“Thanks hyung!” Jungkook forget to say it. Jin honk the car as reply.

“Yosh. Let’s watch some horror movie and eat hamburgers!” Taehyung dragged him inside.

“Yah! You know that I don’t watch that kind of movie!” Jimin punched his back and Taehyung laughed.

“We’re here for you!” he hugged his shoulder too and dragged his buddies to his room. Jungkook feels much better to be with them. As Jin had said, as they are same ages, they can hang out comfortably and Jungkook feels it is easy for him to talk to them openly.

“I think Suga hyung hates me. He will never forgive me.” Jungkook sighed while his warm cup. Jimin and Taehyung look at each other.

“I don’t think so. He just not in his mind state. Suga hyung gone through a lot this week.” Taehyung commented. Jimin nodded.

“Yeah. Remember? We are Bangtan and we all are brothers!” Jimin hugged his shoulder. Jungkook tilted down his head.

“But Suga hyung said don’t call him hyung again. He said he’s not my hyung anymore.” Jungkook bit his lips as he tries to hold his tears. He don’t know for how many times now he has been crying this week.

“Hey, don’t be such negative minded. As I said, he’s not in good mood. Let him be for now. When he’s in his mind back, he will start forgiving and will become your hyung again. Just be patient okay?” Taehyung ruffled his hair.

“Taehyung’s right. And don’t forget us. We are here for you. We will help you. You and Suga hyung will be a brother again. Together with us again.” Jimin smiled. Jungkook look at them. He put down his cup and grabs their shoulder for a big hug.

“Thank you for everything Tae, Jimin.” They nodded and smirked to each other before pushed Jungkook on the carpet and starts tickling him.

“HahahahahaYAHH!! Hahahaa stop it!!” Jungkook laughed as it tickles and he’s been rolling to the floor due to their hard attack.

“Yeah! Laugh like that! Smiles like that!” Jimin shouted. He and Taehung hi-five. They look at Jungkook who is breathless on the floor. He grins to them.

“If you’re gloomy again, we will do it again.” Taehyung threatened.

“So no more gloomy face. It won’t change anything though. Get up bro. Man don’t give up easily.” Jimin said with hands on hips. Jungkook smirks and throw his head back before he gets up.

“Sure not. I’m a real men. Men among men.” Jungkook said. They smirked.

“Now let’s get some air! They said tonight there’s a band jamming at Hangang Park. We shall go and have fun!” Taehyung said.

“Let’s rock!” Jungkook shouted with hands making rockers sign. He seems to be back to his usual self and Taehyung and Jimin were satisfied with his changes. Way to go man!

      *      *      *

While in a dark room, Suga emotionlessly sat on a couch in his dad’s working room. He was staring at the family picture above the small bookshelf. It is the wedding picture of his dad and Risa. Suga snorted seeing his annoying expression in the picture. He never smiles when they took family picture.

Suga sighed. He starts regretting many things now. The way he treats his dad, the fact that he had done nothing good to his dad during his life. He also never gave a present neither wishing him on special days. Suga cupped his face. What kind of son he is. So stupid. So selfish. So whatever that fits him for being a useless son.

“Yoongi.” Risa came in. She walks to Suga and sit beside him. Suga still in his position. Not bothering to look at her. Risa touched his almost dried tux. He has been in this room ever since they arrived home. He even doesn’t change his clothes.

“It’s okay to cry son. Let it out and I am here for you.” Soon after she said that, Suga hugged her tightly and cried in her embrace. He sobbed hard and sometimes gripped her clothes because of crying hard.

“I am not a good son. What I have ever done in his life? Why he still smile at me at his last moment?” Suga barely said in within cries. Risa his back and his hair.

“You are Yoongi. You always make him happy and proud of you.” Suga scoffed and Risa chuckled.

“I’m telling you the truth. Do you know how happy he is to see his son growing up totally having his gene? So rough, aggressive and rebellious. When he looks at you, you not reminding him of Sera. You reminds him of he himself and he was thankful to have you.” Slowly, Suga starts to slow down. Risa smiles before continues,

“He was proud that you are good at fixing things just like him. He was happy when you get good grades even you always skipped school. He was thankful that although you hate him and treats him badly, you have never leave his side. You have never leave us. Yes you may sometimes make him mad with your act, but when you start listening, he loves you. More and more. He even loved you more than me.” Suga chuckled.

“Liar.” He teasingly said. Risa pinched his waist.

“I’m jealous sometimes you know. But yeah, he loves you and you are his son. Of course he would smile at you.”

“I starts to regret time by time. I’m not doing much. I am not satisfied enough. Not even dad.”

“Then don’t regret in the future.” Risa loosen the hug and looked at Suga. He looks clueless.

“You asked him his wish right?” Suga nodded.

“Then grant it! Your dad will be happy and you will have no more regrets in your life.”

“But, still I-“

“Yoongi, it is what it is. Accept it and move on.”

“Wow.” Suga was impressed by her words.

“Never looked back. Never regrets what in the past. Take what happened as a lesson and move forwards.” Risa said again. Her eyes sparkle as she said that. She always had that words in her heart whenever she recalled her dark past of marriage. And she was happy now. No regrets in her life for marrying twice. She have a nice and handsome husband and a lovely but at the same time a tough son.

“Mom, I love you.” Suga suddenly blurted out the words. Risa smiled. She pulled him into a big hug again and reply,

“I love you too, son.”

 

 

It has been a week since Jin last met Suga at the grave. He decided to give him a visit today and he was surprised to see the house seems quite quiet. With windows all closing and there is no car at the porch and no clothes hanging on the suspender. Jin's heart is beating fast. He rushed to the door and twisted the knob and surprisingly it was unlocked.

"Suga?" Jin called out his name. The house looked almost empty leaving only couches, and some cabinets. Jin swallowed his saliva hardly. Suga isn't leaving in sudden right? He should have told them at first place. Especially him.

Jin run upstairs and found only empty rooms. The furniture all gone. In the master bedroom, there are piles of frame that waiting to be wrapped with a wrapper beside it. He's not leaving yet! Jin run back downstairs and yelled Suga's name countlessly.

"Who's that?" A soft voice asked. Jin turned and sighed in relief. It was Risa. He bowed and greeted her.

"Suga was about to see you after this. He was at the back, handling my plants." She told him. Jin thanked her and rushed to the back yard.

"Yah Min Yoongi!" He snapped as he open wide the back door. Suga turned and smile.

"Dude!" Suga raised his hand. Slowly, the tears fall down to his cheek and Jin crouched down with cupping his face.

"Yah are you stupid? You make me worried!" Jin throw him a gardener's boot. Suga chuckled.

"I will talk to you this evening anyway. But since you're here, I'll tell you now." Suga stood up and stretched his hand. He has just finished packaging the plants.

"Tell me what?" Jin asked in hoarse voice.

"I and my mom will move to New York. We will live with my aunt and I will further my study there." Suga told him while he washed his hands.

"You have said you're not going but now you'll go?" Jin stands up. Looking at Suga in disbelief. They have promised each other to not leaving the kids behind. Suga smile faintly.

"I'm sorry Jin. But this is one last thing that I can do for my dad." Suga said in lower tone.

"His wish are for me to take care of my mother and make her happy. Also, he really wants me to go to New York. Pursuing my dream there with his best friend." He continue his word and look at Jin. Jin gives him a glad look and hug him.

"It’s okay. I understand you. I will take care of them and updates about us every second. Ah, also, I’ll take your certificates later and post it to you." Jin said as their final result will out soon. Suga chuckled and his back.

"Thanks."

"So when are you leaving?" Jin asked.

"Next, next morning." Suga answered. "There are still things to be sold today. I hope they are sold." Suga pick up the plants that his mom want to bring along.

"My mom loves plant too. I'll buy the rest." Jin offered. Suga turned and smiled.

"Thanks again."

"By the way, tomorrow is Hobi's birthday. We should throw up party for him and for you too." Suga stops walking. "You're not leaving without telling them right?" Jin guessed when he saw Suga's sudden stop.

"Of course not." Suga smiles and he walks inside. Jin followed him. They talk about the plan for tomorrow and then they went to sell the left over furniture and plants.

 

 

The next day, they decided to gather at Jin's house. At first Jin suggested to do at Suga's but he refused. He was too lazy to clean up for the second time.

"Yo hyung!" Jimin and Taehyung hug Jin as soon as they saw him. Jungkook hug him the last. Suga smiles and hug them too excepted Jungkook because Jungkook has excused himself to the living room after he hug Jin. Jin nudged Suga. Suga ignores him and asked Jimin and Taehyung to help him to prepare the candles and the confetti.

"Namjoon and Hobi are on the way!" Jin told them as they prepare for the last touch. There is banner written by the maknaes of course and cake and other dishes cook by Jin himself.

"Wooo!! Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to Hobi~ Happy birthday to you!!" At the last lyrics they all splats the cream on his face. Jhope just laughed and he is not avoiding their attack.

"Thank you everyone~" Jhope bowed and they laughed at him because he was in a mess.

"Don't wash your face Hope-ah. Wash it after the party ends." Namjoon said to him. They all agreed. Jhope pouts.

"My pimples gonna pop out then. I'm not a honey skin~" he whined but he didn't wash his face.

"Guys, Suga hyung have something to say." Jin attracts their attention on Suga. Suga stood up. He look at each of their face including Jungkook and take a breath before starting.

"Firstly, happy birthday Jung Ho Seok. I hope you will always a cheerful boy and I wish you good luck for your future undertakings." Suga spoke while looking at Jhope. Jhope nodded and make OK sign.

"Second, I wanna thank you all for being my best buddies and little brothers. I am happy to be able to hang out with you guys. You guys changed my life from dull to a colourful one. You guys changed my attitude from cold to a warm person. Thank you very much." Suga bowed. They are speechless.

"Why are you talking like you're leaving?" Namjoon commented. Jimin and Taehyung nod in agree.

"Yes Namjoon. I will further my study abroad so this will be my last time hangout with you all." Suga word then make them shut their mouth. They look at Jin for a confirmation. Jin nods.

"Are you not coming back hyung?" Jimin asked. Suga tilted his head as he thinks.

"Maybe yes maybe not." When he answered, Taehyung nudged Jungkook beside him who stayed silent all time.

"But don't worry. I'll keep in touch with you all. We will meet again for sure but it’s the matter of time." Suga convinced them while he himself wasn't sure to come back or not. He just needs them not to worry about him.

"Is it because of my family that you're leaving?" Jungkook finally spoke. Suga smirked and take his glass.

"It’s my dad's last wish." Suga then raised his glass. "Till we meet again." He said. They all heavily raise their glass and touched it with Suga's.

"Till…we meet again." They hardly said. Suga smiled and drink.

They ask when he will leave but he won't tell. He don't want them to send him. It will make him sad and guilty for leaving them but of course he didn't tell them that. Suga hug them one by one and when it’s Jungkook, he stared him. The others leave them and went outside.

"I-I'm sorry." Jungkook said as he tilted down his head and he doesn't include the word hyung. Suga still stared at him.

"Never be sorry Jungkook-ah. I have never mad at you actually. I just mad at your parents. But, don't be a rebellious son like me. Treat them well even you mad or hate them. Live to the fullest and have no regrets." Suga said. Before Jungkook could lift his head, Suga ruffled his hair hardly making him crouching.

"Study well." That is the last word he heard from Suga. The moment he lifted his head, he only saw Suga's back figure that walking away with hands in pocket.

"Hyung..." Jungkook can't help but to cry again.

 

Soon, the school starts. Jin continue studying in Arts and Culinary at one of popular cook university. Namjoon and Jhope are in their senior year meanwhile Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung are in their second year.

As Suga wants, Jungkook tried his best to make up with his parents and live to the fullest. He was happy that at least Suga didn't say harsh words to him on their last meeting. He was fulfilling Suga wishes, so he hopes that his wish will also be granted. Which his only wish is to meet his hyung again.

 


END

?

no. hahahaha just kidding. XP it just SOON to be. i am really happy writing this as it reminds me to the boys. their bond is reallly like reeaall brothers. TT TT  i love them so much and will always do.

and ha! i ordered their hip hop monster handcream! OMG! this is my FIRST time buying their goods as my dad won't allow me to buy that kind of things. T T  i bought it with excuse of I love handcream and this will be my stock for a year! hahahaha really. i love handcream yet i refused perfume. hahaha coz my shower gel is fabolous enough XD

anyway! HAPPY READING!!