The Call

BROTHERS

Chapter 9: The Call

Suga's phone vibrate when he was busy recording the final game. He ignores it at first but decided to answer it when it continues vibrating for 3 times already.

"Record this for me." He passed his video camera to Namjoon beside him. Suga gave a phone call sign to him before he stood up.

"Hello?" Suga answered. It’s an unknown number so he greets.

"Are you Ju Risa's son?" A guy on phone asked. Suga frown. It’s his step mom's name.

"Yes. I'm Yoongi." The guy then introduced himself as a police officer. He told Suga that his mom got into an accident on her way home from a super market. She told him the nearest member to call is her son. Suga just nod. His dad now at Daegu for outside work.

"I'll be there." Suga hung up. He then quickly run to find a bus stop. While waiting for the bus, he messages Namjoon to inform that an urgent call came up and he can't be with them after that.

When he arrived at the hospital, he met the police officer and do some stuffs before he can meet his step mom. Suga stares her laying body on the bed. She was sleeping after getting some medicine. The doctor said that she had some injuries on her head and her right leg was broken.

"You're here." She hardly smiled to welcome Suga. Suga walks to approach her.

"So funny. How can't you notice the car was coming towards you?" Suga scoffed. Mrs. Min just smile.

"I guess I need glasses then." She jokingly said. Suga plastered a little smile only as response. Mrs. Min scanned him up and down. She saw how sweating he is. He must hurried here.

"Thank you for coming." She reached for his fingers and grabbed it.

"Have you eaten?" Suga purposely asked as he pulled back his fingers.

"Not yet." After hearing her answer, Suga goes to buy some. Few minutes later, he came with chicken porridge, some pickles and a mineral bottle.

"How about you? Have you eat?" Mrs. Min asked as she scooping the porridge.

"I'll eat later." Suga replied as he poured the water into a cup and put it on the bed-table.

"Have some with me. It’s delicious." Mrs. Min handed a spoonful of porridge towards him.

"Just eat will you?" Suga turned his head other way. Mrs. Min smiled faintly. She then change the topic.

"Wow. There're pickles too." She chimed and eat it.

"It’s together with it. I mean a set." Suga cleared his throat. He was nervous. Because actually, it’s not in a set. Suga purposely bought it because he realizes that Mrs. Min like pickles. Everytimes they eat, there would always pickles on the table. His dad neither him do not eat pickles. So who else eat it, if it was not her?

"I'll go home after this. Do you need anything else?" Suga looked at her. She ate the food deliciously. Deep inside, Suga was relieved that she ate it.

"Nothing. I'm just so thankful that you came." She gave him her sweet smiles.

"I don't mean after this. I mean for tomorrow, or maybe at times. Like your clothes or else." Suga scratched his neck. He hates to tell directly that he will come again tomorrow. Mrs. Min's eyes sparkle when she heard that.

"My pleasure. Bring me some comfy pyjamas, and my well- my babies? Hehe." she grins. Suga also shy hearing that. Geez. She's his step mom. Mom.

"Okay. I'll get going now." He's not waiting until she finishes and excuse himself.

"Be careful on way home." He barely heard she said it after he closed the door. Suga sighed. It’s like God wants him to be closer to her. It’s like he needs to learn how to love her. How to pay her loves all the past years. She loved and treats him like her own child yet he neglects her.

"I hope you can open your heart to her. Please take a good care of her and treats her well." His dad's word before he went to Daegu rang in his mind.

"Well, I'll try." Suga shrugged.

On his way home, Suga got a call from Namjoon. He told Suga about the result of the game and he asked about what to do with his video camera. Suga felt sad as well hearing it but now he’s thinking how to make Jin and Jungkook feels better about it.

"Please take care of my cam for a while ok. Bring it to school tomorrow. Oh no. I'm not going to school tomorrow. My mom got into car accident this evening. I'll be with her tomorrow." Suga told Namjoon.

"I'm sorry to hear that hyung. I wish her to get well soon." Namjoon said.

"Thanks. Okay, I'll hang up. Send my regards to them. Have fun and don't worry about me." Suga can heard noises as Namjoon's background. They’re probably at a restaurant to celebrate Jin and Jungkook’s hardwork.

"Okay hyung. Send my regards to her." Namjoon closed the line.

"Why? What's up?" Jungkook quickly asked as soon as Namjoon hang up.

"His mom got into accident this evening. She was hospitalized and Suga hyung will accompany her." Namjoon told them.

"Mom?" Jin looked at Namjoon.

"Yeah his mom." Namjoon nods.

"He seriously said mom?" Jin was disbelief.

"Hyung what's wrong with you?" Jimin pushed his shoulder as he giggles. Is he having mental breakdown already?

"No I mean, he took ages just to talk about his mom and he barely mentions about it. If so, he just address her as she or just her. Not a mom word." Jin explained.

"Do he and his mom relationship doesn't go well?" Taehyung asked.

"Erm..sort of. She's not his real mom though." Jin told them. Jungkook look at Jin. Is this a right decision to tell them about it? They all make 'O' mouth.

"Err..don't tell him that I told you all this. He dislikes it. And do not ever mention about mom in front of him. It’s kind of a sensitive topic to him." Jin just realized Jungkook's look. They all nods execpt Jungkook. Jin's word hit him. He feels bad inside. I'm sorry hyung. I think it’s my fault that mom leaves you.

*      *      *

Suga arrives home when the clock shows 11 PM. Its late already and he wanna take a warm bath and went to bed. He will just skip his dinner tonight and packs her clothes tomorrow morning. After taking a short bath, he sat on his bed while wiping his wet hair. He stares the picture on his learning table as he wiped his hair.

It reminds Suga to a lady he saw at the hall today. Her face really looks like his mom. Suga heavily sighed.

"Where are you?" He asked to the picture. "How are you?" He asked again and tilted his head with the towel covering half of his face. Later on, a drop of tears can be seen falling off from his right eye.

"I miss you."

*      *      *

"Mom, next week will be my birthday. What will you cook?" A cute little boy approached his mom. She looks like having a deep thought by the window. His presence startled her. She smiled at him and brushed his hair.

"What do you want to eat baby boo?" She cupped his cheek.

"I want many eggrolls." He said as he gestured his arm to form a huge shape in the air. She giggles.

"Just eggrolls? Don't you want any cake? How about a present?" Her eyebrow jumps. He put his fingers on his chin as he thinks.

"Just enough for you to stay with me forever." He cutely said. She was touched.

"If I can't?" She testing him.

"Love me forever. Always remember me." She hugs him.

"I'll always love you. You're my baby boo after all." She wanted to peck his cheek but she ended up kissing the air instead. A dark air. She wondered around and then found herself in a taxi at the back seat.

"Mom!" She heard a scream. It’s her son.

"Yoo!" She turned to look but her son's figure seems so far to reach while she was in a moving cab.

"Mom don't leave me!" The scream continues even with no more her son's figure.

"I won't. I won't leave you." She sobbed while walking along a dark street. She has nowhere to go. It’s cold at night. She haven't eat till now and she feels so weak right now. Sometimes she would rubbed her tummy to warm it. Finally, her legs went jelly and she fell sitting on the ground. She starts crying hard as she missed her son already.

"Sera..Sera. Are you okay?" Suddenly a hand hugged her from her back. He gives her warmth. He saves her from the darkness. The lights brighten up her dreaming space.

"Sera?" Mrs. Jeon opened her eyes and saw her husband face looking at her worriedly.

"Jagi?" She frowned.

"You're dreaming and then suddenly crying." Mr. Jeon cupped her face. "You called Yoo countlessly." He stated. He had to wake her up or else Jungkook would hear it and wondering who was his mom calling of.

"I'm dreaming of him. I missed him." She hugged him. Mr. Jeon her hair to comfort her. "I dreamt of you too." She told her husband.

"You're dreaming about the past?" Mr. Jeon asked. Mrs. Jeon nods.

"Are you regretting for what we have done?" Mr. Jeon looked at her eyes. Mrs. Jeon took some time to answer her husband.

"At fisrt, yes. I regret it so much. I am asking myself why I can't control myself. I even asked God why did he met us together. If I'm not meeting you, all of this wouldn't happen." Mrs. Jeon stops. She look at her husband and cupped his face.

"And as time goes by, I realizes. This is my fate. If I weren't with you, Jungkook will not here with us. I'm not be as happy as now. I started learning that all happened because of reasons and we should learnt from what we had done so that it not gonna happen again." She faintly smile.

"But still, I can't forget Yoo. Never." Mr. Jeon chuckled.

"Of course dear. He is your first son after all." Mrs. Jeon smiled and hugged her husband again. She was thankful to have an understanding and loving husband like him. She was grateful for him to accept her after what had happened.

 

The sun shines brightly until it brighten up Suga's room. Thanks to it, Suga is now fully awake. He cleans himself and went into his parent's room. It has been ages for him to enter there. It’s his first time ever after his parent got divorce. The room was different from the last room at their previous house. This simple room just had a king's bed type, a large wardrobe, a long sofa near the balcony, a tv which a large wedding photo hanging above and a coffee table.

Suga steps to the wardrobe. He took about 3 warm clothes and a jacket. About the 'babies', he reached the drawer down the wardrobe. He guess it will be there and he was right. Suga just pick it without thinks too much. After that he got his bike's key and went to the garage. On his way to the hospital, he buy some pastries and hot coffee.

"Here your things." Suga handed her a bag. She smiled while take it.

"Thanks." Suga just hummed and starts setting their breakfast. He saw a hot tea and biscuits not being touch by her on the table. He guess it’s not her taste. Suga smirked. At least he know what she likes and dislikes.

"You bought bread!" She chimed as soon as she saw that.

"Have some. This one for supper okay?" Suga gave her a blueberries bun and kept the raisin buns. Mrs. Min nodded.

"You too. Eat with me." She divides it into two and gave one to Suga. Not wanting to hear more words from her, Suga just take it and bit it. After taking the breakfast, Suga helped her to go to the toilet for her to take bath. Then, he prepares her clothes and clean the table.

"Just call me if you need anything. I'll be around." Suga said as he put her back on the bed. Suddenly he felt something fell on his hand. It’s a drop of water. When he looked up, Mrs. Min was tearing up.

"I'm so happy. Finally you talked to me more than one word." She said. She then grabs his hand and caress it. "I hope you'll be like this from now on. But I'm not forcing you." She said again. Suga look at her.

"Thank you so much for being here with me. Thank you for trying to accept me. Thank you for everything." She smiled. Suga look at other way. He doesn’t know how to response to it. It has been a long time ago he being such a sweet boy.

"I'll go now." He said and slowly let go her hand off him. Mrs. Min send him by her gaze. Suga stops at the door and say something before he closed it. His words make Mrs. Min tear up again. She was happy because he replied her, 'You’re welcome, mom.'

"You’re welcome too my son." She wiped her tears. She loved Suga just as her own son. She can't pregnant with her own child and that causes a divorce from her previous marriage. Mr. Min then accepted her to be part of his family and a mom to his son. She was so grateful to finally hold a mom's title even though just as a step mom.

Suga stands at the door. Her words fall deep in his heart. He knew the reasons why his dad marrying her. First to be his mom and second for her to have a child because she’s infertile. She knew it’s not because of love but she willingly accepts. But still, Suga cannot accepts that his dad actually chased his mom out without any reasons. When he asked, he was threatened not to ask about it anymore. Never.

"I'll just hate you then, dad." He clench his fists in anger.

*      *      *

After school ends, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin chatting at the bus stop. Jungkook always accompany Jimin and Taehyung waiting for their bus before he cycles home. A bike with two guys riding it stopped in front of them.

"Kids, let’s go visits Suga hyung's omma!" Jhope said to them.

"Yeah but Jungkook can only bring a person with him." Jimin pouts because he knew that Jungkook will choose Taehyung.

"Don't worry, Jin hyung will gives you all a ride. Let’s see there!" After Namjoon said that and leaves, a black car came.

"Yo!" Jin greets them.

"Yo hyung!" Three of them replied.

"Get in the car boys." He gestured to the back seats.

"How about my bike hyung?" Jungkook asked and Jin told him to put it at the back. After settling that, the car smoothly moves to the destination.

"Hyung!" Hoseok and Namjoon chimed when they saw Suga walked out from the cafeteria.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in surprise.

"We want to visit your mom. She's unwell right?" Namjoon said and showed Suga his bouquet. Suga face turns grim. He is not ready to introduce his step mom to them.

"It’s okay. We'll just see her and leave." Jin came from behind with the boys. Jungkook was holding a basket of fruits while Taehyung and Jimin bought foods and drinks.

"It doesn't seem so." Suga commented when he can predict that a fiesta will be held sooner with those foods and drinks. The guys look at each other. They are thinking any ideas to make Suga feels comfortable about it.

"Well then, follow me." Surprisingly, Suga just instructed them to follow him which means, they can visit his mom.

"I'm sorry but I accidently told them that she's your step mom." Jin whispered while they in the lift.

"Don't be. That's the truth though." Suga glanced him. Jin frowns. What has gotten into him? Suga has been acting weirdly now. He usually threw up when the mom topic comes out.

"Mom, you have guests." Suga informs as he opened the door. He just made Jin frowning even more. Did he just said mom? Jin feels like he will go crazy now.

"Seems like he's okay with it now." Namjoon whispered to Jin.

Jin nodded hesitantly. "Maybe." He replied.

"Hi aunt. I'm Hoseok. I'm his hope junior." Hoseok gave her his sweet smile. Mrs. Min hi him too.

"I'm Namjoon. Same aged with Hoseok." Namjoon gave her his bouquet.

"Thankyou. This is wonderful." She said. Namjoon smiled proudly. He insisted to do the bouquet at the flower shop earlier and he was glad she loves it.

"I'm Jin, his classmate." Jin bowed. Mrs. Min nodded.

"I've saw you. Sometimes you two went to school together right?" She look at Suga. Suga nods. His mom may saw it by the window because he don't want her to send him to school.

"I'm Taehyung. His junior too. You can call me Taetae if you want." Taehyung smiled widely. Mrs. Min chuckled.

"Nice to meet you Taetae." She responded. Taehyung's smile went wider.

"You're so pretty aunt." Jimin first compliments her. "I'm Jimin. The handsome one but a cute junior." He said. The other rolled their eyes while Mrs. Min giggles.

"You sure was cute, Jiminie." Mrs. Min smiled. Jimin bowed his head as he feels thankful.

"Hi. I'm the youngest. Jungkook." Jungkook bowed. Mrs. Min take a good look at him.

"You're so handsome for your age." She tilted her head. Suga rolls his eyes. He needs to stop this.

"They’re all my friends even they are my juniors." Suga said.

"Nice to meet you all boys. I'm happy that Yoo be friends with fine boys like you all. I hope your friendship last long." Mrs. Min said. She then look at Suga because his nickname just slip out from her lips. But Suga seems not care about it.

"Don't start a boring speech." Suga said and asked his friends to sit. "Let’s eat dinner. They bought you many delicious food." Suga starts taking the foods and drinks to be prepared.

"He has always been indifferent towards her. I guess he has open up his heart for her." Jin commented. They all smile and nods. Jungkook look at Suga and his way of treating her. He still looks awkward but he tried his best to pleasure her. Jungkook was wondering, how will he treats his mom when they meet later?

 

 


Hi! Suga being nice to his mom now. how was it? kekekee

I'll be having tests next week, so I guess I won't be able to update. But don't worry, I'll update it this Sunday!  \(^O^)/