I Remember You (2)

BROTHERS

Chapter 20 : I Remember You (2)

 

Suga is walking down the street. He wears a black cap which is Jungkook's. He is on his way to return it. He does a bold act. He will meet his mom without any disguises today.

Ding dong~ Suga pressed the doorbell. A moment later, she opened the door.

"Is Jungkook inside?" Suga calmly asked. He can see her shocked expression.

"H-he went to jog with Taehyung." she answered him with shaky voice.

"I see." Suga nodded and getting ready to go but she stopped him.

"Come and wait inside. He will be home any moment." She opened the front door wider. Suga didn't expect this yet he still take off his sneakers and stepping inside.

Suga sit on a couch right in front of the tv. The drama played on the TV manages to fill up the awkwardness between them. She then excused herself. After she gone, Suga sighed. He was nervous actually. To chase the nervousness away, Suga tours around the living room. There's family pictures and some medals hang in a glass rack and certificates viewed in it.

Having nothing to do, Suga sat back on the couch. He looks like an idiot now. I should planned what to do after I met her. His mind growled.

"Please have a drink. Jungkook was out for about one hour and half ago. But he will come home soon." She said as she poured hot chocolate into the cups. At first, Suga was confused for whom the other cup was but then he realized. It was for herself.

"So you are.." she tilted her head as she tried to look at his face clearly.

"Suga." Suga smiled. Geez. Why I smiled? His mind is going crazy now.

"You're Jungkook's senior aren't you?" Suga can felt that she acted like she didn't met him properly before.

"Yes. I'll graduate soon." He simply answered. She asked, then I'll answer. His tiny voice said. Again, the silence greeted them.

"So, how long you have been knowing Jungkook?" Suga smirked on the question.

"Almost six, seven months. Around that." She nodded. It not that long. But they seem to be very close to each other.

"H-how's your father?" She suddenly asked.

"He's fine. My mom is doing fine too." Suga purposely told about his step mom's condition too. Sera slowly nodded and sipped her drink. Another 5 minutes flew away. It just made Suga done with it. He can't bear it anymore. Its . It’s damnly awkward.

"I guess Jungkook enjoys his leisure time with Tae." Suga checked on his watch and knew that he has been waiting for 30 minutes now. "I'm here just to return his cap. He left it in my bag." Suga put it on the coffee table. Sera looked at it. She wanted to say something but seemed to be locked. Not even a word she managed to mumble.

"I'm going. Send my regards to Jungkook, aunt." Suga stood up and bowed.

"Y-yoo"

"I'm home!"

Sera and Jungkook said at the same time. Sera's called managed to freeze Suga's steps but he didn't turn back. He goes to the front door instead.

"What's taking you so long?" Suga hissed as he folded his arms.

"Hyung, why are you here?" Jungkook was surprised to see him. Jungkook gave Taehyung a slight glance before his eyes shifted on his mom behind Suga.

"You must be tired. Come and have refreshments." She invited Taehyung inside. Taehyung take off his sport shoes and walk inside. Literally leaving Suga and Jungkook together.

"I'm here to return your cap. But your mom opened the door." Suga told him.

"You should have call me if you want to come." Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. He was nervous if something had happened within his absence in the house.

"I have. You're not answering."

"Oh, I forgot to bring my phone." Jungkook grinned. Suga just hummed as he expected it already.

"You seem dislikes to see me here. Somehow." Suga gave him a glance.

"N-no. No I'm not." Jungkook quickly replied. "I'm just surprised." He mumbled. Suga smiles a little and ruffle his hair.

"Anyway I'm going. I've put your cap on the table there." Suga mouthed to the living room.

"How about having refreshment with us before you go?" Jungkook tried to make Suga leave a little sooner. His mom will be happy if Suga stayed a little longer. Suga smiled.

"No thanks. I've finished the hot chocolate though." Suga waved and walked away. Leaving Jungkook who sent him with his gaze.

"Kookie, Yo-Suga come and have refreshments." Sera came. She then realized only Jungkook is standing there.

Jungkook, who noticed his mom almost called Suga as Yoo, giving her a look.

"He goes home already." Jungkook told her and her expression changed in sadness.

"Really? He maybe have works to do. Come dear. You must be tired. You better be faster or Taehyung will gladly finish your burger for you." She tried to cheer up and wrapped her arms around Jungkook. Jungkook, who wants to avoid her for now averted her hands and acted like he doesn't want Taehyung to eat his burger when he starts running to the kitchen.

Sera, who felt like Jungkook is like avoiding her just now, frowning there. She realized that she almost called Suga as Yoo and did he heard it? But, does Jungkook even know who Yoo is? The thoughts then faded away as Suga's matter was the most important to her. He didn't recognized her. She was stammered. She was sad. She was mad to herself.

*       *       *

Suga slowly walked along the streets. He's not going home but he is on his way to the playground uphill. Meeting her eyes to eyes after 14 years really brought back memories to him. So that is why he goes there. That playground had been his peaceful place to relax his mind and to be by himself.

While on the swing, Suga thinks why he didn't turn when she called him but went to Jungkook instead? He cannot argued with that involuntary act. He believes it may not the right time yet. She even doesn't have any idea that he was pretending not to know her.

Buzzt. Buzzt. His phone vibrate. It’s a message from Mrs. Min who asked where he was and asking him to be home for lunch.

To: Mom Risa

I'll be home soon.

After replying the message, Suga leave the playground to go home.

*       *      *

"Jungkook should have call me by now." Suga said to himself as he crouched, finding something under his bed.

"I brought it with me to his house." Suga tried to remember where and when was the last time that thing with him. Suga then glanced his Iphone. No notification. Pissed, Suga took the phone and make a call to Jungkook.

"Yes hyung?" Jungkook answered.

"Did I left something at your house?" Suga asked. He was worried because if he did, he afraid that Sera was the one who found it.

"I don't think so. What is that hyung? Do you want me to check it for you?" Suga heard a chair sound which means Jungkook was on his study desk.

"No thanks. It’s okay. I think I just forgot where I put it." Suga didn't want to disturb Jungkook. Although Jungkook has been insisted to help him, Suga rejected it nicely.

"Okay I've something to do. Bye." Suga quickly hang up. If he stayed any longer, he could give up to Jungkook's cutie pie who insisted to help him so much.

"You are just like her." Suga commented on their similar nature as a son and a mother. He remembers her for always doing something creative to make him ate vegetables. She would do aegyo and was very high spirit to make him ate it. They both have high spirits.

"I'm going out. Don't wait me for dinner. I'll eat with Jin." Suga informed Mrs. Min about his leaving. She simply smile and nodded.

Suga decided to trail back his way. Maybe he will find it.

*       *       *

Sera look at the memorable playground. This is the first time she stepped in here after 12 years ago. She always came here on weekend for the first two years of her divorce to check on Suga but he never showed off. Then she heard that he moved to America. That's why she had never came back here. She knew, it was always her ex-husband's dream to raise their child overboard. She also believed that Suga will doing great out there. Even without her.

But thing never goes as she expected. Her husband said it just a rumor about her ex-husband moved to America. They did moved, but to the province downhill. A journey of only 20 minutes away from her house. That nearer and closer place to her than she had imagine before. It’s not America. Its Korea and just two provinces away.

Sera walks to the swing and sit on it. She smiles as she recalled how she would push Suga on this swing back then. His happy smiles, his sweet laughs and everything of it. She just missed it so much.

"What's this?" Sera felt she had stepped on something and picked it up. It’s a wallet. Someone must have accidently dropped it here. In order to find the owner, she opened the wallet after she wiped off the dirt on it.

"I think that was mine." Suga arrived and saw her looking in it. She turned around. Suga walked towards her.

"Thankyou." Suga eventually took his wallet from her hands and checked inside if something gone missing but he is glad when there is not. Suga looked at her who have been staring at him since just now. Her eyes were teary. . She saw it! Suga gulped down his saliva. What will she do now?  He tried guessing.

"That was when you was four. The last time we celebrate your birthday together. Right here." Sera spoke based on a picture she saw inside his wallet. The picture of them in this playground. Suga slowly slipped his wallet into his back pocket of his jean.

"So you know all along that I..I'm your mother. Yet you pretend not to know me." Her tears dropped.

"Same goes to you." Suga shot back. She secretly stalked him but never showed herself to him and to her reaction when he went to her house this morning. She acted so casually as if they haven't related to each other.

"I never knew that you were part of Bangtan until I saw you get off from the car." She explained. Suga nodded. He was not that interested to know how she finally recognized him. Suga then stiffen when she suddenly hug him.

"I missed you so much! Do you know how hard it is for me to hold this longing?!" Suga can felt that his shirt slowly getting wet.

"Same goes to you. You never tried to find me. I thought you have moved somewhere far but tch. We're in a same neighborhood." Suga slightly loosened the hug.

"Because the neighbors said you and your dad moved overboard."

"They did? He faked that too?" Suga snickered. Sera frowned.

"He swapped the phone number you gave me." Suga told her. Indeed, she was surprised. Now she know why he never called her. They both stay in silence. His dad faked a rumor that they had moved overboard. His dad also swapped her phone number given to him. That’s clearly show how his dad wanted them to be separated forever. But fate goes differently. Suga sighed and pulled her back into his embrace.

"I missed you, mom." Sera smiled.

"I missed you more." Suga smiled too. He remembered how he used to fight over it saying he loves her more than she do and she did the same until there was no ending to it.

"Now tell me, how was your life? Are you doing well as I expected?" She looked into his eyes. Suga made face.

"I thought you forgot about me. My calls never reached you. And I hate to think that you gave me wrong number. But after I found out the truth, I'm not that mad anymore. Its dad though." Suga expressed the last word full of hates.

"Don't hate him. He's your dad and it wasn't his fault." Sera pulled his hands. Leading him to a bench nearby.

"I know you'd said this. As expected, you're an angel in this world." Suga smiled to her. Sera looked at him. Inside, she felt guilty towards him. I'm not an angel Yoo. I'm not that nice.

"My life is doing well except getting along with dad and my step mom. Just recently, my relationship with her went smoothly as I realized she had nothing to do with all of this. She's innocent. I'm sorry for being bad to her all this time." Suga sighed. He really regrets it. He shouldn't have to hate her in the first place. Maybe the thought that she wanted to snatch his mom's position in his heart .

"That's my boy. I want you to keep on doing goods to her. I owed her for taking a good care of you though. So, please be a good boy as to repay her love and her kindness towards you." Sera his hair. Suga smirked.

"I'm not a kid anymore mom." Sera chuckled.

"You look like a child with this hair colour. So warm and lovely." She commented. Suga pouted. That's not the response he wanted to hear. Not from everyone, not even from her.

"I'll change it soon. So that I look like a man." Suga's replies made her chuckled. Suga smiled and looked at her. If his life was hard without her, he can't imagine about her life.

Getting a divorce, got forced to leave the house and was prohibited to see her own son. How hard it could be? He was grateful that she met a nice guy who accepted her and take a good care of her and have a happy family. Jungkook proved that. That she lived happily.

"Now tell me. Was your life gotten hard after the divorce? I'm sorry because I'm still a kid and because of that, I can't protect you."

"Of course it is. Because I can't see you anymore." Sera held his hands. "Never be sorry for me Yoo. It’s not your fault. If you're an adult back then, you would not be my son then." Her answer made Suga laughed. That's make sense though. Sera smiled. How she missed to talk to him like this. And she was grateful that God heard her.

They chat a lot about their life and laugh and smiles. The playground starts to be noisy as the children came to play. Although it’s quite bothering, it doesn't even matter as long as they are together.

 

 

 


omg guyssss Hi Hi Hi to all! Hi to new subscribers and friend too!  \(^o^)/

it has been a looonngg dayy since I've update rite? TT TT  soo sorryy. ( _ _ )  but I hope this make it! :D hehe they finally met! fuhh next...Jungkookie?? kekekekek

my finals is drawing nearer. but, the tests and quizzes made me feel like I have sat for the exams! geez. studying life be like.. hahahahaha anyway, for those who are having examinations soon or now, I wish u all Good Luck! lets RUN towards success together! :)))

TQ for waiting patiently~ I love you!

till next update!

                                    

-Sharin