Broken Hearted

BROTHERS

Chapter 12: Broken heart.

The fall almost over. Jungkook and Jin were practicing for the upcoming basketball championship. It held on January next year but they do early preparation to be the winner. Meanwhile, Suga, Jimin, Taehyung, Jhope and Namjoon were visiting their farm.

"It’s going to be winter. Poor the baby plants." Taehyung pouts. Suga smiled.

"Yah. This greenhouse had a heater. They won't die." He said. Jhope looks at him.

"Err..but hyung, I've broken it during the accident." Namjoon and Jimin held their laugh. Jhope looked so nervous in front of Suga. Suga smile ceased.

"Don't worry, the technician will put a new one." Mrs. Park came. They all stand still and were nervous waiting for her next words. Seems like her own existence give a huge impact on them.

"By the way, I love it. The way how you all work together build a new and even better coop and greenhouse. It’s wonderful." She smiled. They forms an awkward smile on their faces.

"Well done boys." She said again and looked at Suga. "Your rebellion was paid by your smart lead. And Hoseok," she turns to Jhope who gulps. "The loss was paid." She smiled again before she leaves.

"Erm, was that Mrs. Park? The tigress?" Jimin warily asked.

"Yeah." Namjoon replied.

"She's nice actually. Just a bit fierce." Suga said. They made ‘O’ mouth.

"We shall check out on Jin hyung and Kookie then!" Taehyung chimed. They walk together to the school's gym. On their way there, they saw unusual scene happened. It made them cringed likely. They then leaves to find Jin.

"Hey, where's Kook?" Suga asked Jin when he found him sitting at the bench beside the court. Jin frowned by their sudden presence and even more frowning looking at their cheekily expression.

"He went outside for a while." Jin told them. Suga look at them. They smiled again.

"For what?" Namjoon asked.

Jin shrugged. "I don't know. He rushed out right after the break. Why?" Jin asked when they look so weird and suspicious. Suga leaned over and whispered something to him.

"Seriously?!" Jin was absolutely shocked to hear that.

"Hey he's coming." Namjoon said in lower tone.

"Hyungs! Chim, Tae!" Jungkook was happier than ever to see them. They smiled back to him. (In a devilish way.)

"Hey Kookie. Why don't you sit and told us an exciting story?" Jhope wrapped his arm around Jungkook. Jungkook looked blank.

"What kind of story?" He innocently asked. Suga held his smiled. He knows Jungkook is not pretending because he really was blur. Suga glances to Jin. Jin bit his lower lips in excited.

"Erm..a story where a girl and a boy meet up." Namjoon put his elbow on Jungkook's shoulder. In instant, Jungkook cheeks turn red. Jimin and Taehyung giggles seeing that shy expression.

"Come on Kook. Tell us." Taehyung said. In deep meaning, it as if he told him that it was useless to hide it from them since they saw it already. Jungkook scratched his neck in embarrassment.

"It’s not what you all think." Jungkook said.

"Yeah. Then tell us what is it if it’s not someone confessing to you." Suga directly shot him. Jungkook's face turns red this time. So Suga was right.

"Oh my god! Then what is your answer?" Jhope was totally excited. Jungkook looks relax now. He sighed softly.

"I turned her down." Their jaws dropped. What?

"Why? Is she not your type?" Jin asked in concerned.

"Or maybe it’s too early for him." Namjoon commented while nodding his head and touching his chin. He remember back then in the car on the way to Busan, Jungkook had mumbled alone whether to tell or not. Was he thought of confessing? Hmm..

Jhope seems understand when Namjoon said that but he snaps,

"How about Jimin then? He's young too!" Jimin looked shock. Jungkook doesn't want the hyungs comparing he and Jimin so he says,

"No its not. I turned her down because.." Jungkook feels shy again when the eyes were on him again.

"Because..?" Taehyung raised a brow. He is expecting Jungkook to say he likes someone else.

"I like someone else." Jungkook said in one breath. Again, their jaws dropped except Taehyung who smiled proudly because his guessed was right.

"Voila! That’s my boy!" Namjoon ruffled his hair. Jungkook chuckled.

"That's brave." Suga commented. Jungkook dares to turn her down just because he likes someone else.

"Did you tell her?" Jin asked and Jungkook nods. Deep inside, he feels sorry for the girl.

"Hey, don't feel bad. You just did what is right. She can't force you to love her though." Jhope his back. Jungkook smiled.

"Thanks hyung." He said.

"Okay okay. I want to gather because I have something to say." Suga stops the short drama. If it continues, the identity of Jungkook's ideal girl will be leaked. Now the attention fell on him.

"Soon, I and Jin will graduate." He started. The juniors nodded sadly. "So, I need someone who can take over me to look after you all." Right after he said that, Jimin raises his hand and ask,

"Hyung, you won't see us again?"

"No Chim. What Suga hyung mean is, he needs someone to lead in Bangtan after they graduates. We will still stick together." Jhope wrapped his arm around Jimin. Trying to comfort him.

"Yes. Hope was right." Jin said. He looked at Suga and Suga nods. "We both agreed to assign Namjoon as the new leader of Bangtan." Jin told. Namjoon seems shocked while the others start clapping.

"Yeah! We agree too!" Jimin shouted. Taehyung and Jungkook nodded while Jhope starts rapping a congratulation's speech randomly and Namjoon said nothing.

"Joon." Suga called him. "You'll be a great leader. I believe in you." Suga tapped his shoulder.

"I'm afraid I can't do my job." Jin laugh at Namjoon's reply.

"What job Namjoon-a?" He asked. Namjoon shrugged. He do not sure about it either.

"You just need to make sure Bangtan will still exist. Make sure it will, till forever." Suga said tapping his neck. Jin laugh again.

"That's deep Yoongi." Jin commented. Suga just smile and say,

"Yah. Just make sure we united. Okay?" Namjoon nods.

"I'll try my best."

"Now that's my boy." Jin hugged him. All of them hug him and then suddenly threw him up in the air about three times to celebrate him.

"Okay enough. My arms hurt." Suga said stopping them for the fourth round.

"This hyung stamina.." Jimin is not continuing his word when Suga glared him. Jimin grins and grabbed his arm. Cuddling like a child. Jungkook smiled. He wish to be that close with him too.

"Let’s have a fiesta tonight!" Taehyung shouted.

"What? Eating again?" Suga whined. Since he met these guys, his life have changed. He is not the one who loves eating but he has to, since they all love eating. Especially Jin.

"Your life will be healthier with them." Jin said. Suga roll his eyes.

*      *      *      *

After the late night snacks they have together, Jin drove them home as usual.

"See you tomorrow." Jin said after dropping Suga at his house.

"Tomorrow is Saturday rascal." Suga hissed. Jin laugh and Suga eventually smiled. He just kidding by calling Jin rascal.

"Sorry. Sorry. Okay, see you next Monday." Jin waved before he drove away. Suga looked at the black car until it disappears into the dark night.

"What are you doing?" Suga heard his dad asking when he just close the front door. He did his job quietly because he don't want his dad nags him for being late. His heart was about to drop when he heard his question but relieved when it’s not for him. Suga just continue his step until the stairs. He casually pass by the living room where his parent at. They seems like not noticing his presence.

"Threw it away! Or just burned it. Why did you still have it? I have said to get rid of it right?!" He sounded very angry. Suga stopped his steps. His dad and his step mom rarely fight and this is their first tensed situation.

"I'm not going to do it. No matter what you said to." His step mom bravely fights back.

"Ju Risa." When dad said someone's full name, that's mean he is at his limit. Suga decides to stop them. He don't want to lose another mom in his life for twice because of his father.

"Yoongi needs to know this. That it’s not your fault that you divorced with Sera. She-" Mrs. Min didn't finish yet but Mr. Min cut her off.

"Just shut up Risa. Didn't I tell you that it’s not the right time yet?" He starts to slow down his voice. Trying to calm himself and his wife.

"Until when will you kept it? I'm sad to see your son hates his own father." Mrs. Min start sobbing. Mr. Min kneed down and hug her.

"I'm okay as long as he's here with us." He whispered. Suga stood right in front of them on the stairs. Their conversation froze him. Suga then slowly move upstairs and went into his room. He locked it and leaned on it.

"--its not your fault that you divorced with Sera." Mrs. Min's words rang in his mind. He touched his heart. He cannot believe that he just heard it was not his dad fault that his parent divorce. If he's not, then its mom? What is it? Why they divorced? Suga bit his lips. His heart felt tight as the pressure of the stress hit him. It hit him hard until he fell, kneeling on the floor. His gaze goes to the frame on his table. He stares at his parent’s faces. Just who fault is that they divorce?

 

Saturday morning made Jungkook feels so lazy. He wanna sleep more but he remember that he and Taehyung had promised to jog today. He gather his strength and went to the bathroom. After finish preparing himself, Jungkook jogs down the stairs.

"Yeobo, I found something." His dad said to his mom. Jungkook smiled hearing that. His dad always do some magic to cheer up his mom. He want to join in but his dad words stopped him.

"Yoongi is still here. He's not flying to America like you said." He heard his mom yelp happily and was sure she now hugging his dad.

"Where did you get that info?" Mrs. Jeon asked.

"It’s a secret! I did it because I love you." Mrs. Jeon hugged him again because she felt thankful.

"Do you want to meet him?" Mr. Jeon asked. Mrs. Jeon nodded excitedly.

"But just from afar. I don't want to face to face with him. I felt guilty." She mumbled. Mr. Jeon her back.

"Don't feel like that. It’s not your fault that things like that happened." He said. Jungkook gulps. He was nervous because he know where Yoongi is. Jungkook don't want to tell his mom about this yet. His mom might want to meet Yoongi so bad but Yoongi was kind of not anymore. Jungkook tiptoed to the front door, grabbed his sport shoes and quietly opened and closed the door. He wear his shoes outside and quickly went outside the gate.

"Which Yoongi your parent talking about?" A voice startled Jungkook. He look at the person and sigh in relieve.

"Yah Kim Taehyung! I almost got heart attack you know?!" Jungkook snapped him with a lower voice.

"I'm asking you which Yoongi." Taehyung still in serious tone. He accidently heard it when he want to knock the door and come in. Their conversation afterwards made him frowning.

Jungkook shrugged. "What are you talking about? My parent said that? I'm sorry I'm not hearing it." Jungkook said casually but inside, he was trembling so much. He was hoping Taehyung would stop asking more. Jungkook decides to jog first. He heard Taehyung followed from behind.

"If you're not hearing, why did you sneakily come out? Why don't you interfere them with morning greeting if the Yoongi they talking about not the same as Suga hyung? His real name also Yoongi. And why did your mom want to meet him?" Taehyung shot him bullet questions from behind while they jog. Taehyung is thinking that if Jungkook’s mom had something to do with Suga’s mom. Suga’s current mom is step mom though.

"I don't like interfering while my parent talking. I'm not greeting them because their topic is none of my business. Got it? No more question. It’s my family matter though, not yours." Jungkook turned to Taehyung and said that. Taehyung was taken aback by his words. It makes Taehyung feels sad and mad at the same time. He just want to help Jungkook. Jungkook realized what he had said. But to take it back, it was too late. Taehyung looked sad now.

"My mom told me that we're going to Daegu after this. I should get ready now." Taehyung said that and jogs over. Jungkook look at his back. He decides not to stop Taehyung because they both need time to calm down.

 

 


So I decided to name this chapter as Broken Hearted since there're so many people who broken hearted in here. (that girl, Suga's step mom, Suga himself and Taehyung).

enjoy reading!

- Sharin :)