Jeon Jungkook

BROTHERS

Chapter 23 : Jeon Jungkook

Jhope who cheered loudly become quiet. He fidgets with his fingers on his lap. Jimin, whose arm on Taehyung's shoulder brushing his palm with his fingers and Taehyung bit his nails. Namjoon already got his shades in his jacket's pocket. Suga who is recording doesn't move. Sera put her hands in her husband's and Suga's lap as she was nervous too. They all had different kind of nervous but their eyes are glued to the court.

"Woh!" Namjoon and Jhope screamed in relief and startled.

"Jungkook got free shoot right?" Jimin asked Namjoon. One of the players accidently pushed Jungkook with his elbow on his face which then caused a foul. Jungkook was given a chance to shoot.

Jungkook glances to Jin. He was hoping that Jin could shoot it instead of him but Jin make a gestures for him to shoot. Now. Jungkook take a breath and..

"Block him!" Someone shouted. The ball that Jungkook thrown fly to the rink but it ways got distracted by the opposite player. Jin who is nearby, quickly take the ball and make a pass to Jungkook who on his way closer to the rink.

"Yeahhh!!!!" Bangtan and their school's supporter stand as automatic response when Jungkook managed to slam dunk the ball into the net.

"Way to go Jungkook!!" Suga screamed happily. Sera got her arms on their waist. Namjoon and Jhope was jumping in excitement meanwhile Jimin and Taehyung hug each other.

"The champion is....B HIGHSCHOOL!!" The announcer announced. Bangtan already jumped and ran to the court only to hug and throw Jungkook and Jin in the air.

"Great teamwork everyone!" Their coach said and brought the champion cup. The players now throw their coach in the air. The supporters start to sing their school song and the cheerleaders join in.

"I gonna take your picture!" Jin's dad came with his camera. The boys leave the crowd and gathered together.

Suga in the middle put his hands on Jungkook's and Jin's shoulder. Jungkook bit his medal while Jin's medal on Namjoon hands that act like he has just received a flower. Jhope hugged Jungkook's waist with a blessed face of his. Meanwhile Jimin and Taehyung together hold the cup on the ground with their own winner's expression. The confetti then were popped out at the right time.

"1..2..3!" Click!

"I can't believe that we won!" Jhope said while cupping his face. Suga chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Hyung! We can celebrate it with you! Together!" Jungkook take his mom's hand and look at Suga. Suga nodded. His eyes then met with Mr. Jeon again. They smiled.

"Lets go eat meat! Our treats!" Mr. Kim, Jin's dad announced. They cheered. He invites all in the hall to join in. Even to the other players and supporters. How generous his family was. The truck of foods are already waiting outside. They can smell the foods once they step out the hall.

"Eat as many as you want." Mrs. Kim looked at the boys.

"Oh you're so nice." Sera her arm. Mrs. Kim smiled. They both eventually left the boys for a chat together while the fathers go with the coaches.

"So, for Jin hyung and Jungkook." Namjoon brought up his juice. Their glasses met.

"For Jin and Jungkook." They answered.

"Congratulations. Really." Suga said after sipping some of his juice. Jin nodded. He knows Suga was very proud of him. They hug for a short moment.

"Hyung. Me?" Jungkook spread his arms. Suga scoffed and rolled his eyes. Jungkook looks sad. Suga smirked. "Come here boy." Suga's hand gestured him to come.

Jungkook smiled cheekily and jumped on him.

"Y-yahh!" Suga was surprised. Luckily Jin managed to grab his glass for him.

"Thank you hyung. For everything." Jungkook whispered.

"Yes I get it and you're welcome. Now get down." Suga tapped his back and then slowly pushed him away. Jungkook get down and stares at Suga with a cheeky smile.

"What?" Suga raised his brows.

"I am happy for having a hyung like you, hyung." Jungkook smiled and bowed. Suga was flustered by his sudden act. Jungkook stands straight and says, "Thank you Suga hyung."

"Aww what with this cheesy thanking??" Jhope butts in. Suga just smiles. He then ruffled Jungkook's hair.

"How about me? Us?" Jhope pouts because Jungkook only thanking Suga.

"Thank you everyone! I love you!" He shouted. Jhope and Jimin giggled. Taehyung just smiles so do Namjoon and Jin.

"I wish we could always be as happy as today." Jin said to Suga. Suga smiled. They both look at the juniors who chats and playfully teased each other and their gang.

The next two days.

Jungkook get out from the house with a grim face. His steps were fast.

"Jungkook!" He ignored Sera who called him.

"Jeon Jungkook!" the yelled no longer heard as he is now far away from his home.

* * *

Suga just finished taking bath when he got a call from Sera. She told him that Jungkook was in bad mood and the fact that he left the house just like that.

"What was actually has happened?" Suga asked. Jungkook won't act recklessly without a reason. There is a silence on the line.

"Mom?"

"H-he just got mad at me." Sera found it was hard for her to tell what had just happened. She don't want Suga to act the same. Suga sighed. He knows his mom will not telling him.

"I'll call you when I found him." He said before hang up. He grabs his jacket and muffler before ran downstairs.

"Breakfast is rea- where are you going?" Mrs. Min just about to call when she saw him running to the front door.

"Sorry mom. Urgent call." He waved once before leaving. He lets her speechless at the door.

"Where's he going?" Mr. Min asked as he just got downstairs but he managed to catch a glimpse of his son who rushed downstairs just now. Mrs. Min shrugged. Mr. Min smiled. He gestured her to get closer to him before he wrapped his arm around her and together they went to the kitchen.

* * *

Jungkook panted as he was tired of running. He crouched on the ground and punched it hardly as he screamed madly.

"Arrghhh!!" He punched the ground until his right hand bleed. He panted again and sat straight. Tears flow down like a river to his cheeks. Jungkook cried again and buried his face onto the ground and yelled again.

* * *

"This is mad." Suga hissed angrily. It almost sunset but he can't find Jungkook yet. His phone vibrate. Its notification from Bangtan in katalk group. Taehyung informed them Jungkook was not at the playground uphill.

"Where could he be?" Suga almost threw his phone away but luckily Jimin arrived.

"Hyung. Should we call the cops?" He asked. Suga frowned.

"Why?"

"In case Jungkook did something. I mean hurting himself or -"

"He wouldn't dare. I'll kill him for pete's sake if he did." Suga hissed. Jimin gulped. Their phone sounds."Namjoon hyung said Jungkook is okay." Jimin infromed Suga from what he just received. Suga opened the conversation.

Namjoon had screen shot the conversation of Jungkook with his mom. He said he was okay and not to worry about him. He wanted to be by himself for now.

"He said he want to be by himself. Isn't it obvious that he was actually not okay?" Suga showed the conversation.

"Firstly, lets him be by himself. Tomorrow we'll find him." Jimin said.

"What if something bad happened?" Suga asked. Jimin smiled.

"You said he wouldn't right? You trust him and I trust him too. Let us sleep in the car?" Jimin suggested. It will be easy since they are together. Suga finally gave in. He nodded.

* * *

"Do you tell them that I'm here?" Jungkook looked at Taehyung who stands beside him with hands busy typing.

"Nope. And Namjoon hyung just posted your messages with your mom." Taehyung showed him the conversation.

It is because, after Jungkook sent the message to his mom, he off his phone. Jungkook just nod and continue staring to the night views from the uphill.

"Thanks Tae." Jungkook said when he felt Taehyung sat beside him.

"Mind to tell me what happened?" Taehyung carefully asked.

Jungkook stayed silent. Taehyung is always there when he has problems but he never shared what his problem is to him. Now, Jungkook feels like it is the right time to finally open his heart.

"Its all start when.." Jungkook starts the story time. Taehyung beside him just listened and sometimes he would nod and his back.

"What I am really mad was about this morning." Jungkook's tears bottled up again.

*flashback*

"You're up Kookie?" Sera smiled at him when he appeared in the kitchen. Jungkook pulled a small smile only.

"Mom, I have something to ask you." Jungkook take a seat and looked at her. She smiled. Sera was thinking if he wants something as a present of his success.

"What is that?" She take a sit too. Near him.

"Can you tell me the reason why you divorced? I am curious about that." Jungkook asked in one breath. Sera seemed surprised. She looks hesitated to answer him.

"Is it because of me?" Jungkook asked again when she was not answering. She shook her head.

"No. Of course no." Sera said.

"It has nothing to do with you."

"Really?" Jungkook gritted his teeth. He don't know why but he was feeling really mad now. Sera nodded.

"Then tell me why. What is the reason?" Sera take a deep breath.

"It is because, I chose to be with your dad." Jungkook frowns.

"My previous marriage was my family arrangement. I have never loved the guy I am married with. We barely got a son for the sake of both family. But I love Yoongi. I really do."

She tilted down her head then. "When his dad went to serve army, I am alone taking care of Yoongi. One day, I met your dad. My first love. We have actually never broke up and he was forced to go somewhere on my marriage day. Sound cliche right? But that what had happened. The moment I chose to be with him caused a line in between me and your grandparents."

Now Jungkook knows why he have never been brought to meet his mom's family.

"So this is not Suga hyung's dad fault right? He chased you out when he found out. Right?" Again, Sera was surprised.

"H-how much did you know?" Jungkook smirked.

"Suga hyung didn't know about this yet?" Jungkook asked back instead of answering. Sera slowly shook his head.

"I wonder how he’ll react to this. The hates for his father was useless all this time because its all your fault!" Jungkook's voice went high.

"He starts to be a good son now. No need to worry." Sera try to reach her son's hands.

"Just why didn't you tell him the reason? Suga hyung must have asked you at least once but you're not answering right? Because you don't want him to hate you. You don't want him to realize that the one in fault was you and not his dad." Sera unknowingly slapped his left cheek.

Jungkook was stammered. Sera was surprised too by her sudden act. She quickly grab his hands but Jungkook averted it.

"Because you don't want him to know that you actually cheated behind his dad!" Jungkook stayed away from her.

"What is happening here?" Mr. Jeon has just arrived at the kitchen because of the noises. But the mom and son ignore him.

"But its not what I actually wanted. It just happened." Sera came closer to him. Jungkook scoffed.

"But it happened with your will. You are willing to do that so that you cheated on him and you- you are pregnant of me at that time. Not after you marrying dad but before you actually divorced! What kind of attitude is that?!" Jungkook stood and really slapped her hands away.

"Jungkook this isn't your mom fault. Its my fault. I forced her to be with me. I am ready for anything. Including to have you." Mr. Jeon spoke. Sera looked at her husband.

"No. Yes. But its my fault too. I am willing to be with him." Sera took his hands again. "I'm sorry Jungkook. Please do hate me. Don't hate your dad."

Jungkook shook his head and let out awkward chuckles. "Mom. Suga hyung will not only hate you when he learned the truth. He will hate me too. He will hate all of us. He will not want to talk to me again. He will distant himself from me." Jungkook slowly let go her hands.

"No. I have said to him not to hate you and your dad but to hate me instead."

"How can you be so confident that he will not hate me? You have never told him the truth though. Mom, this isn't the reality yet. You don't know Suga hyung's temper." Jungkook slowly back off.

Sera smiled a little. "He won't. I know him. He is my son too."

Jungkook shook his head. "The fact you leave him since little, had already changed him into a person that you have never know. The fact that you actually cheated on his dad and having me in illegal relationship will just turned him to another person again. He will hate us! How can you are confidently said that he won't?! Suga hyung still have a feeling! Even I myself was shattered in pieces to learn this fact." Jungkook's eyes turned red. He was holding his tears.

"But still, its not your fault Jungkook-ah." Jungkook ruffled his hair before leaving the kitchen. He went upstairs and came back down just to leave the house.

*end of flashback*

Taehyung swallowed when he knew the fight in Jungkook's family.

"You're brave to ask directly." Taehyung said half surprised half complimenting him.

"I have to. My mom seems to neglect the existence of the facts. The facts that she had done so many wrong doings to herself, me, Suga hyung and his dad." Jungkook tilted down his head. He starts crying again.

"Suga hyung will hate me Tae." He sobbed. Taehyung pulled him into his embrace.

"Jungkook. What had happened in the past, can't be changed now. What we can do is to change our attitude." Taehyung his back.

"You can hate the facts you learned. But you can't live forever with it. You can get mad with your parents but you can't for forever. They are still your parents no matter what. Suga hyung would hate you but he wouldn't for forever. Because he is your hyung no matter what. Am I right?" Taehyung loose the hug and look at Jungkook eyes to eyes.

"If you're afraid that Suga hyung will hate you so much, you should know that we are here for you. Bangtan is always here with you. We will together go through this. I promised to you that Suga hyung won't forever hate you."

"You said Suga hyung will hate me. So you are confident about it." Jungkook said. Taehyung chuckled.

"I just said what you have said. See, the mindset of you should be changed." Jungkook smiled. Taehyung smiles too.

"Jeon Jungkook. I know you're still mad at your parents. But you know, your parents learned what they got from you. They must regret what they had done but living needs to be continued." Taehyung glanced at him.

"I know. I know that she regrets what she had done. But she lived for me. I am thankful. I just mad that she tried to run away from the truth. Yes we can forever keep it as secret from Suga hyung but I will not do the same. They had been keeping it as secret from me and I learned the truth by myself which was more hurt than to know from they themselves. I know how it feels so I know how much Suga hyung would feel. And I am afraid of that."

"But you are actually ready for that aren't you? Although you said you are afraid, but you are ready to face it." Taehyung look at him with a supportive smile. Jungkook nods.

"Yeah. But, I am not ready to go home for now." Taehyung chuckled. He then offered his place to Jungkook. After settling that, he went to Bangtan who decided to sleep in the car near Jungkook house.

* * *

"Here some hot tea for you all. I am sorry for worrying and disturbing you all with this little problem." Sera brought them a tray of hot tea. They all gathered at the garden, sitting around the bon fire.

"No worries ma'am. Jungkook is like our own brother." Jhope answered.

"And I understand that he is at his puberty. Things like this sometimes happened." Namjoon said. He is an open minded person. Suga just nodded. Inside, he wants to ask her badly what had happened but he can't since they all were here.

"Thank you for your understanding. I am blessed that my son have hyungs and friends like you all. So nice and very good looking too." Mr. Jeon joining them. Jhope grins on the word handsome. Jin nudged him when he noticed that. Jin's act just made Jhope grins widely.

"Sorry I'm late. It took times to get here." Taehyung arrived. Jimin welcomed him to his side when he saw Taehyung was rubbing his hand out of coldness.

"Have hot drinks Tae." Sera gave him his cup. Taehyung smiled and thanking her before drink it deliciously.

"If you don't mind, you all can sleep inside." Sera told them after she spoke with her husband.

"No its okay." Suga answered on their behalf. He actually felt something unusual. But he don't know what. Again, his eyes met Mr. Jeon. They smiled to each other.

"I'll prepare the blankets. At least your body will stay warm." Mr. Jeon said before going inside. Sera and Suga look at each other. Suga mouthed "We’ll be fine." to her because Sera looks worried to let them sleep in the car.

She finally let out small sighs and get up. She went inside to help her husband prepares the blankets for them.

 

Author's message:

Hi Lovelies!! here the 23th chapter!! I am sorry again for the little problem. But now i am sooo happy coz the line is superb fast!! Hahaha i am editing well :)

Happy reading and Happy New Year!!

Love, Sharin