The Fake Numbers.

BROTHERS

Chapter 13: The Fake Numbers.

"Where are you going?" Suga yawned as he ask Mrs. Min who dress up prettily.

"I'm having a high school reunion today." She smiled. Suga nodded and went into the kitchen. In the kitchen, Mr. Min just finished his breakfast. He greets a good morning to Suga and Suga just hummed. His dad also wear a smart casual. Understood Suga's gaze, his dad say,

"I and your mom attending our high school reunion." Suga made O mouth. He never know that his dad and his step mom were actually from the same high school.

"We're classmate back then. I know him but he don't know me." Mrs. Min came. Suga just nod. He's not too interested to know their past story. He pretends busy reading the newspaper.

"We'll be home late at night since it held at Incheon. Are you okay about it?" She approach Suga.

"I'll be fine. I'll just eat outside with Jin." Suga said with mouth full of kimbap.

"He's big enough to handle himself. He'll know what he's doing. Right Yoo?" His dad look at him. Suga hummed lazily. His dad smiled. At least Suga responded to him.

"We're going now." Mrs. Min his shoulder. Suga waved with elbow on the table while his eyes fixed on the newspaper. Suga folded back the newspaper as soon as he heard a car drove away. He made a relieve face because he managed to avoid eye contact with his dad.

While munching on the kimbap, the last night event rewinds in his mind. Suga remembered he saw Mrs. Min was holding something that made his dad burst out anger. He was wondering what that could be but he shook his head. That's not his business.

"He needs to know this. That's it not your fault that you divorce with her." His step mom's words rang. Suga heaved a sigh. He cannot believe that he will get bothered by it. After eating the last kimbap and sipping the last drop of hot tea, Suga went upstairs. But he doesn't went straight to his room yet to his parent's room. He stands in front of the wardrobe and opened it. He remembers that he saw an old box beneath the clothes when he packed his step mom's clothes weeks ago. He take it out.

"An album." He mumbles when he opened the box and saw it in it. Suga pick up the album and opened it page by page. It’s his childhood pictures and not to mention, his mom's pictures also in it. It’s from his born day until he was three. The last picture taken was the picture on his third birthday at the playground. His dad serving the army, so that only he and his mom were in the picture. Suga the picture. He then decides to take it out for his own. He his mom's face in the picture. She looks pale yet her smile was still beautiful.

"Dad just let go a beautiful angel. He wasted your love." Suga mumbled. He closed back the album and then something drops on his lap. It’s a folded memo. Suga put back the album in the box and pick the memo. He unfolds it and revealed the numbers written on it. Suga frown. What is this? He thought himself. Suddenly he remembered something.

"It can't be.." Suga ran to the phone on the coffee table beside the room's balcony. He tried dialing the number. Due to nervousness, he kept on pressing the wrong number.

Trutt trutt..trutt trutt.. Finally it’s on the line. Suga bit his lips as he waiting. He sighs when no one is answering and was about to hang up when finally someone pick the call.

"Hello?" A deep voice answered. Suga sigh quietly. This might be his dad's friend phone number.

"Hello?" The voice snaps him. Suga wants to apologize but,

"Who is it?" Just then a female voice heard. The memo fell from his hand. Her voice was still the same.

"Let me." The woman take over the phone. "Sorry, but I think you dial a wrong number." She said. The softness in her voice was still the same. Suga gathered his courage and say,

"Y-yeah. S-sorry." his voice was shaky. Before she could say anything more, Suga quickly closed the line. He stares the memo on the floor. He bit his lips.

"F**k you!" He cursed while punching on the floor. He gritted his teeth. His dad just lied to him. How dare his dad giving him the wrong number as he kept on trying to contact her everyday, as many times as he could.

His mom gave the memo to him before she leaves but he threw it away before looking at the content. Week after that, he remembered about it and asking if his dad still have it because he knew his dad would pick it up for him. His dad then gave that false memo to him. His dad really don't want him to keep in touch with her anymore.

"Erghh.." He growled. He try to hold his anger. He could blast anytime now.

*      *      *      *

Jin drove as fast as he can after he got a call from Suga. His voice sounded like he was just after crying; asking if he could be with him right now. When he arrived, Suga was already at the front gate. Suga get in the car. Jin didn't ask anything now that he press on the clutch and drove somewhere that could ease Suga's mind state. He looked hopeless. Jin would glance at him from time to time to make sure he was okay while Suga just stay quiet and looking out the window.

After one hour and half, they arrived somewhere isolated uphill. From there, they can see the morning view of Seoul. Suga get off when Jin park the car facing the view. Suga sat on the front bumper and look at the view. Jin just stare at him from inside the car. He then switched on the radio and the Lost Stars was played in the air. He turn up the volume before get off and join Suga. He sat beside him and glance to him. When Suga showed no response, Jin take a look at the view. They both immersed in deep thought as the song played and the breeze hit them.

"You knew that after they divorce, I couldn't contact her anymore." Suga suddenly start talking after a long silence. Jin nodded and answered Yeah.

"It’s not her fault. She's not giving me wrong number. Its dad. He swapped it." Suga said in tone containing angers. Jin looked shock.

"Really?" When Suga nods, Jin comment, "Seems like he really don't want you to see her anymore." Suga just stay silent after that. He's thinking about something else. Why?

"But I think, he must have a reason to do that. Besides, we don't know why they divorced though." Jin look at Suga. He hopes his word make sense.

"Yeah." Suga replied a word. The thought his father was innocent came in mind. Do he really is?

"Come on, let's lunch." Jin walked to the driver seat after he realized that they were there for an hour now. They went downhill where there is a small restaurant located just after the gate. They ate their lunch there and Jin then brought Suga to the mall.

"What are we doing here?" Suga asked as he unfastened the belt. Jin grins naughtily.

"Let ease our mind. Our body. Release the stress out." Jin moves his hand. Suga rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. So what's your plan?" Suga look at him.

"Let’s watch movie. My treat." Jin opened the door.

"Nice." Suga smiled on the word treat. They watch a movie and drank hot coffee after that and walk around the mall. They dine at T.G.I Friday before sending Suga home.

"Bye. Thankyou for today." Suga thanked Jin before he closed the door. Jin nodded and raises his hand. After Jin drove away, Suga didn't went into his house but he walk somewhere instead. He walk towards a public phone and went in. He inserts the coins and dial a number.

Trutt..trutt.. Trutt..trutt..

"Hello?" This time, the woman answered first.

"Sorry, wrong number." Suga said. He want to talk to her without introducing who he are.

"It’s okay. I hope you found the right number." she said before hang up. Suga smiled bitterly. He guess he will never have a long chat with her if she don't know him. But he afraid of two things if he introduced himself. His mom will cry or she already forgotten about him. Suga sighed as he put back the handset.

 

Suga wear his blue beanie and cover it with his white hoodie. It’s November and the weather is cold outside. Suga took his bag and opened the door. He walk downstairs and went straight to his front door.

"You're not having your breakfast today too?" Mrs. Min came asking when he was tying his shoes. Suga shook his head. Mrs. Min looked worried.

"You have been skipping meals from yesterday. Are you sick? If yes just rest at home. We'll go to the clinic."

"I'm okay. I'm just not hungry." Suga stood up. He turns to her. "I'll go." He smiled. Seeing his smile, Mrs. Min couldn't say anything and just smiled back.

"I'll cook your favorite tonight. Make sure you really are hungry!" She shouted from the front door while Suga already at the front gate. Suga just raised his hand without turning.

"Is the puberty level didn't end yet?" his dad came.

"I don't know. He seems colder than ever." Mrs. Min closed the door.

"I guess season do affects him." Mr. Min commented. Mrs. Min smiled and slapped his arm. She shook her head thinking it nonsense and walk back to the kitchen.

"Hyung!" Jimin waved his hand when he saw Suga. Suga smile a bit. He tilted his head to see Taehyung with his black hoodie focusing on the game in his phone. He wear earphone too. Suga look at Jimin and mouthed to Taehyung. Jimin just shrugged.

"Jungkook and he didn't talk. I guess something happened between them." Jimin whispered when Suga already beside him. Suga look around to find Jungkook but he wasn't there.

"Jungkook already gone after a moment here. It’s weird right?" Jimin whispered again. Suga nods. Jungkook usually waits until he came before cycle to school with Taehyung meanwhile he and Jimin ride the bus. Suga first and last ride with Jungkook was when they were competing months ago.

"Let them handle it. If it continuous, then we need to get involve." Suga said to Jimin. Jimin nodded.

*      *      *      *

"Yo!" Namjoon and Jhope appears with their tray of foods. Its recess time on lunch hour and they gathered together.

"Yeah, hi!" Jimin welcomed them while Taehyung and Jungkook ate silently. Suga held his laughter seeing the juniors having a hard time. Jimin was asked by Taehyung to sit in between him and Jungkook after they bought the food. Namjoon send Suga a signal asking what is happening between the two talkative juniors. Suga just shrugged and enjoyed his meal. They almost reaching the middle way of eating when Jin arrives.

"Sorry. I have a sudden meeting." Jin panted. Jhope his back.

"It’s okay hyung. We already bought your meals." Jimin told him.

"Thanks." Jin take a seat beside Jhope. Thankfully he managed to inform Suga about the meeting so that he can help him buying the meals.

"So how's your preparation for your final hyungs?" Namjoon asked. Jin and Suga will be seated on final this December and it’s not that far from November.

"So far so good." Suga commented while nodding. Namjoon look at Jin.

"Since I busy with the basketball training, I'm not fully prepared yet now." Jin said. Deep inside, he sighs. Namjoon smiled.

"I can help you studying hyung." He volunteers. Suga look at him.

"Only Jin?" He raised a brow. Namjoon chuckled.

"You too hyung." After Namjoon said that, Taehyung get up and put his tray in the basin.

"I'll go first hyungs. I'm not finish my maths work yet." He said. They nodded. After Taehyung gone, all their eyes landed on maknae.

"Is something happened between you two?" Jhope quickly asked. Jungkook just shook his head. He's in dilemma whether to tell Taehyung about it or not. Because Taehyung just heard something he shouldn't know.

"H-he knows something he shouldn't know but he wants to know in details. I can't tell him because it’s my privacy." Jungkook decided to tell them the matter. They looked fascinated.

"We can't too?" Jin asked. Jungkook nods.

"Well, you should told him how important that thing to you so he can understand." Suga suggested. Jimin nodded.

"Taehyung is a caring person. He may be disappointed that you don't want to share it with him. But if you talk to him he may not mad anymore." Jimin said.

"Really?" Jungkook look at him. Jimin smiled and nodded.

"I knew him for a long time already. He's not someone that hold grudges and anger in a long time."

"Go now." Jhope mouthed to the exit. Jungkook quickly put his tray in the basin and run.

"I wish they'll be fine." Namjoon said.

"They will." Suga said while drinking his hot chocolate.

"Hyung, do you want my melon bun? You still looked hungry." Jimin asked. Jin chuckled. Suga must not eat at home to avoid his dad.

"Yeah thanks." Suga smiled.

"Take mine too. Tuna sandwiches." Jhope take it out from his plastic bag. Suga smiled again. He was thankful to have friends that are kind and warm hearted. Their act soothes his heart for a while. They made him smiling genuinely although he was actually not in the mood to smile.

 

Jungkook peeking into Taehyung's class. He really doing his work now. Jungkook think should he talk to him or not. He is worried if he intentionally disturbs Taehyung. Taehyung feels like being watched so he turns. He sees Jungkook outside the classroom. Jungkook notices him. He flashed a smiled to Taehyung. Taehyung act like he don't see it and continue with his work. It make Jungkook scratching the neck. He nervously walk into the class and take a sit beside Taehyung.

"Yah Taehyung. I wanna say sorry for what I have said to you. I've hurt you." Jungkook said. Taehyung still with his work. Jungkook doesn't care about it anymore and continue talking.

"I'm not here to tell you the details. It’s my privacy. I hope you understand. When I chose not to tell you, it doesn't mean that you're not important to me. You are precious to me. You are my best buddies Tae. But still, I can't talk about that now. I'm sorry." Seeing Taehyung said nothing but writing, Jungkook slowly get up. He has said what he needs to.

"Did I told you to leave?" Taehyung spoke. Jungkook turns in excite. Taehyung was erasing something on the paper.

"Teach me this. I don't know how to solve it." Taehyung pushed the paper to the side of his table. Jungkook sat back. He take a look at Taehyung before looking at the question written on the paper. He scratching again.

"Err..actually, I'm not that good in maths." He honestly told Taehyung. Taehyung laughed.

"I know. I totally know." He said.

"Yah!" Jungkook tapped his arm. Taehyung smiled and stretched out his right hand. Jungkook smiles too. They shake their hands.

"Friend?" Jungkook asked.

"We're buddies." Taehyung winked.

He thought Taehyung would be mad and forcing him to tell him the details. But he's not. Jimin was right. Taehyung is a nice friend. While Taehyung, he forgave Jungkook because he understands what Jungkook had told him. Because Jungkook said it’s his privacy, Taehyung will not intrude him then. He decided to forget about it although he wants to know about it badly; just who are Yoongi that they’re talking about and why his mom wants to meet him?

 

 


Surprise!! Hi! XD so I have decided to update today! I'm going to the camp tomorrow and then I will continue to write plus revising my studies. :)

Enjoy reading!

- Sharin