She

BROTHERS

 

Chapter 8 : She

After that, every night, Suga will practice together with Jungkook at the court. He even shorten his time with his gang mates to give Jungkook more time to learn with him. He can see that Jungkook improved day by day. Today they had short match again and Jungkook managed to reach 11 shoots while Yoongi won with 13.

"I lose again." Jungkook pouts. Suga chuckled. He actually was surprised by Jungkook's great performance tonight. He managed to reach above 10 shoots for the second match.

"But you're getting awesome. You're dope." Suga smiled. Jungkook smiled too.

"Good luck for tomorrow selection. Make sure that you're selected or I'll kill you." Suga wished him and joking to kill him. Jungkook face expression changed.

"I-I will be selected. I can guarantee that!" He promised. Suga just hummed and stood up. He is getting ready to go home.

"Why don't you join our basketball team?" Jungkook suddenly asked. Suga is a professional player though.

"It just my favourite hobby. I love making music more." Suga told him and then wore his jacket. Jungkook nods.

"I want to be a professional basketball player. I want to play for our country." Jungkook told Suga. Suga smiled to him and say, "You will."

 

The next morning, after some basketball matches, the players are given time to rest while the coaches will select the player who will play for their school team.

"You're improving!" Said Jin. He smiled widely because Suga just did his great job teaching this baby.

"Thanks hyung. You're not bad too." Jungkook said. He didn't lie, Jin improved a lot too.

"Hey! I saw your game! It’s awesome!" Taehyung came and ruffled Jungkook's hair.

"I hope both of you were selected!" Jimin prayed.

"They will." Suga and Namjoon came together. Jungkook and Jin smiled. Their friends were here to cheer them up.

"Where's Hope?" Jin looks around when he can't found the cheerful member.

"I'm here!" Jhope came with isotonic drinking bottles. "Here for you two." Jhope gave it to them while to other and him, cola drinks.

"We'll come all together to watch the championship next week." Jhope told Jungkook and Jin then look at the members. They all nod.

After a moment, they were called by the coach.

"Fighthing!" Taehyung and Jimin shouted.

*      *      *

"Mom! Dad! I got chosen!" Jungkook shouted as soon as he got home. His dad who watched television turn to him. Sera come out from the kitchen and give him a congratulation hug.

"Thank God. I knew you can." She cupped his face and planted small kisses on his forehead and both cheeks then on his lips.

"Thanks to my private sifu." Jungkook smiled. His dad then came and hug him too.

"You're a man now." His dad joking. Jungkook giggles.

"Please come watch our matches this Sunday." Jungkook invites.

"Of course we should!" His mom replied.

"If we won, I will introduce you my secret coach." Jungkook looked at his parent. They nod and smile.

"I'll give him big hug and a lots of kisses." Sera chimed. Her son got to be a player for the important games and she appreciates his coachs and the private one. Jungkook just smiled. Deep in his heart, he was expecting how his mom would react to Suga later. Because Suga is Yoongi.

*flashback*

Jungkook went to the teacher's room to send the math work books. Today he was in duty. When he in there, he heard a teacher called, "Yoongi!" Jungkook turns his head in shock. Did he just heard it?

"Sorry for being late." Suga then approached him.

"You leave blank to the university choices. If you want to be a musician, you can join art’s college." The teacher said. Suga just nod. He took back the paper and excused himself.

"Hi." Suga saw Jungkook and greets him but Jungkook was in dazed. "On Earth to Jungkook?" Suga waved his hand in front of his face. Jungkook blinks finally.

"Hyung, what is your name?" Jungkook asked nervously. He just hope that it’s not what he just heard. Suga smiled.

"It’s Yoongi. Min Yoongi. But just call me Suga okay." Suga tapped his shoulder before he walked away. Jungkook looks back. Watching Suga till he disappeared. Now he was hoping that this Yoongi was not Yoongi written behind his mom's old picture. He cannot even imagine what has happened in the past. The thought of dead Yoongi or his maybe-hyung flew away.

"Mom once got divorced too?" He thought to himself. Remembering that Suga once said his dad divorced before remarried.

With the name thing, Jungkook can't make it troubled him. There's not only one Yoongi in Korea. He assured himself. Jungkook want to think like that but again, it was killed.

"Don't call me when I'm at school and don't call me Yoo." He accidently heard Suga who's on phone with someone at the detention room. The seven of them would gather here everytime after school ends to study together or to play and talks. Today, Jungkook came second and heard it. Today too, he got two strong evidence. Suga's real name was Yoongi and his nickname was Yoo too. Does it make sense to be coincidence? Jungkook thinks it was not.

*end of flashback*

"Jungkook?" His dad tapped his shoulder.

"Huh?" Jungkook responded in blur. His dad shook his head. His son kept on day dreaming nowadays.

"Your mom asked should she make kimbap for you and your friends?"

"Y-yeah sure." Jungkook replied. "They'll love it!" He smiled.

Then Jungkook goes to his room. He take a warm bath and getting ready for dinner. He heard his parent's conversation on his way downstairs.

"Did you found anything?" His dad asked. His mom sighed.

"No. They moved 10 years ago and the phone number was changed too. I've wait for Yoo to call but he didn't. I knew that I gave him my number before I left." She pulled the chair and sat beside her husband.

Now Jungkook know, his dad knew about Yoo too. But why must they hid it from him? Does she mean before she left; she already asked for a divorce? Did his mom really got divorce before marrying dad? If yes then why?

 

The hall now crowded with people. The players for first round are getting ready beside the court. Jungkook and Jin will played for third round so now they are waiting for their turn.

"Kook-a, are you okay?" Jin tapped his shoulder. Jungkook just gave him a nod. "Are you sure? If you're not feeling well, I can tell coach." Jin was getting ready to stand up but Jungkook stops him by grabbing his arm.

"I'm fine hyung. Just a little nervous." He said. Jin smiled.

"You'll be okay. Just trust yourself and our team." Jin sat back. He took his phone and showed it to Jungkook.

"Actually, it’s Yoongi. He's asking me about you. Earlier he saw you with a bad mood." Jin told. Jungkook look at the phone screen. It’s true. Suga sent Jin a katalk asking is he was okay.

"You called Suga hyung Yoongi." Jungkook stated. Jin grins.

"He does not really likes it. But I usually called him that. I guess he had used to it." Jin look at his home wallpaper. It’s his picture and Suga in a car. He met Suga as a desk-mate and since then they became friend. Suga was actually rejecting his existence but Jin does not give up that easily. Now, their relationship like a brotherhood than a friend.

"It took me longer to be close to him. But someone managed to open his heart in instant." Jin glanced to Jungkook. Jungkook gave him an awkward smile. He did not expect that too. Especially to expect that he could be his mom's other son. Jungkook sighed again.

"Stop sighing will you?" Suga suddenly appeared. Jungkook and Jin looked at him.

"Hyung."

"How can you enter here?" Jin stood up and was looking around. Outsiders are prohibited to enter here without a permission.

"Hey, Mr. Jang is my coach too okay." Suga smiled. One of his team when played basketball at night was his own teacher too. He asked Suga to enter the team too but Suga refused and he did not force him to.

"Here, some charm for both of you." Suga gave them shoelace bracelets that he done himself. Jungkook got a maroon red one while Jin got dark bluish green.

"T-thank you..hyung." Jungkook feel like crying. Suga was so caring about him.

"Thanks bro." Jin hugged him.

"Good luck. Others say fighting." Suga sent their friends' wishes. He waved and walked out. Jungkook hold on tight the bracelet. No matter what, his team will win this competition then he will introduced Suga to his parent.

After meeting Jungkook and Jin, Suga walked upstairs. On his way, he saw someone familiar. He kept looking at her until he bumped on someone. After he apologized, he look at her way again but she's not there. Suga ran back down and searched for her.

"Hyung! We're here!" Jimin shouted. He thought Suga got lost. Suga then gave up and walk upstairs again and sit with his gang.

"Are you looking for someone?" Jhope asked. Suga shook his head.

"It’s nothing." He said. Jhope nods. He gave others a sign to not disturb Suga for now. Jimin and Taehyung make 'OK' sign.

After a long wait, finally their school's team are on the game.

"Jeon Jungkook! Jeon Jungkook!" Jimin and Taehyung cheered.

"Kim Seok Jin! Kim Seok Jin!" Namjoon and Suga cheered.

"B Highschool, fighthing! Fighting!" Jhope cheered. Suga, Namjoon, Jimin and Taehyung face palmed him.

"What? It’s our school's team though." Jhope raised his brow.

"Yeah yeah." Suga nonchalantly replied. After a moment, whistle has blown, and so the game started.

At the same time,

"Jeon Jungkook! Jeon Jungkook!" Mr. and Mrs. Jeon searched the voices. They are cheering on their son.

"They maybe his friends." Mr. Jeon commented. He smiled as he sees Jimin and Taehyung even used bottles to make sound.

"I can't wait to see them!" Sera chimed. Her son's friends looked friendly and playful to be with. She was scanning the boys' row and then stops at a person.

"Yoo?" She frowned.

"Huh? Who?" Mr. Jeon turned to look again.

"I saw him. I just saw him!" Sera stood up but Mr. Jeon quickly pulled her sat back.

"Yeobo, you may wrongly viewed. Plus, Jungkook is playing now." Mr. Jeon rubbed her back.

"But I just saw him." She said while pointed to a seat. Mr. Jeon take a look too. But he found no one familiar to Yoo.

"Is he still there?" He asked.

"N-no." She replied when she cannot sees him around.

"Then you mislook at. I know you miss him so much. But we still have Jungkook. He still your son too." Mr. Jeon brushed her hair back to her ear. She nods and hugged her husband; wanting a comfort.

"What's the score?" Suga asked as he just came back from the toilet.

"Still 0 - 0." Namjoon replied with his eyes glued to the game. Suga nods. It’s going to be tough. He thought.

*      *      *

It’s now 5 PM. Suga, Namjoon, Jhope, Jimin and Taehyung looked more serious than this morning.

"Come on, come on!" Namjoon said to himself.

"They can do it. I know." Jhope mumbled with his hands look likes praying.

"Go Jungkook! Go Jin hyung! Go B school!" Jimin and Taehyung shouted together.

Meanwhile, Suga was busy recording all the time. He don't want to miss important moment like this.

"Yeahhh!" All five of them screamed when Jin does a slam dunk.

"Just one more shoot!" Suga said. One more shoot then their school will be champion.

"No!" Jimin, Hoseok and Taehyung shouted. The opponent had scored.

"This is tough." Namjoon sighed. The final round was meant for the strongest to be met and fight for champion. After 5 minutes,

"Pritt!" The whistle blown. The game ends.

"You're great Kook." Jin tapped his shoulder. Jungkook shook his head.

"I'm sorry. We’re losing because of me." Jungkook sobbed. Jin hugged him.

"No you're not. It just a beginning. We still have winter championship. We still can win." He tried to comfort Jungkook.

"Well done boys!" Their coach came. "Don't be sad but be proud. We managed to enter the final, we managed to grab the second place at least. And we have done something for our school." He said to them. They nods and smile again although they feel a bit sad.

"Jungkook, it just a starting for you. You still have a long way to go." His coach ruffled his hair.

"Yeah. You're in first year. I hope you stayed with us for another two years here and fight together for goods." Other players said. Jungkook nods. He's the youngest here and the seniors all comforting him. He felt love and do not feel sad anymore.

"My baby!" Sera came and hugged him.

"Mom." He mumbled. Suddenly his tears like want to burst out when he is in her warm embrace.

"You're awesome! You're so manly out there. I fall in love with you." She said while kissing his cheeks and nose. Jungkook smiled.

"You're my hero son." His dad ruffled his hair.

"Hi!" Hoseok came. He greets Mr. and Mrs. Jeon. So do others.

"These are my beloved friends and hyungs." Jungkook introduced them one by one to his parent. Although they lose, he still will introduced Suga to them.

"And lastly.." Jungkook looks around. "Where's Suga hyung?" He asked Hoseok.

"He got an urgent call. So he rushed back. I'm sorry." Namjoon told.

"Oh no worry. We still can see him. Bring them for dinner sometimes." Sera look at her son. Jungkook nods. Do God don't want them to meet yet? Jungkook thought to himself.

 


Hi! I managed to write this chapter! haahhaha Enjoy reading okay! And do you prefer their mom to be adressed as Mrs. Jeon or Sera? I prefer Sera but in case you'll get confuse, please let me know which one do you all prefer okay.