Familiar

BROTHERS

"Get out from this house. NOW!" A loud voice yelled like a thunder wake him up from his sleep.

"Please. I'm so sorry!" A soft voice pleaded in sobbed. He opened the door and right in front of him, his mom was kneeling while holding his father's leg.

"I don't want to see your face anymore!" His father pulled his leg away.

"Mom? Dad?" He frown in confuse. It was his first time to see his parent fight. Five year old child like him wouldn't understand why they fight. But he knew that they were fighting about something. And he would never know that it was the first and last fight ever.

"Get into the room Yoo." His dad pointed to him. He looked at his mom who still in tears, nodding for him to follow dad's word. Soon after he close the door, his father said;

"Don't let me hurt you Yoon Sera. You and he get out from here. Yoongi will stay with me so just go. I'll send you a document by tomorrow. Let just see in court." As his father said that, he can hear his mom crying out loud. He just wanted to go out to comfort her but his action might worsen the situation.

About 30 minutes later, he heard the door gate was opened. He got to the window to just see his mom carrying a big luggage. Heading out. He quickly ran.

"Mom! Where are you going?!" He shouted as he ran outside. He saw his father stand by the door gate and asked him,

"Dad, why is mom leaving? Where is she going?" He tugged his father's fingers but the let it go when he saw his mom come back to the gate.

"Mom! Where are you going? Is dad mad at you so bad that you wanna leave? I'll talk to him to forgive you." He said as he hugged her tightly. His mom started to cry again. His eyes also get blurry from tears. "Just please don't go." He pleaded.

"I'm sorry Yoongi-ah. I have to go. Please take care of yourself and don't be naughty okay?" His mom cupped his cheek and wiped his tear with her thumbs. He shook his head desperately. Tugging her shirt so she won't go. But she held his hand and slip a paper.

"Listen here dear. This is my number. You can call me whenever you want. I'll be there for you. Always be." She whispered. Still, he shook his head. "I promised." She hugged him for the last time and whispered I love you to him before she loose the hug.

"No. Please don't leave. I promise I won't be naughty! I'll eat vegetables! I'll clean up my toys and wake up early to school! Mom!" He cried when he realize his mom is not turning back.

"Dad! Please forgive mom! Please stop her from leaving! Please~" He begged for his dad and he cried very hard when his dad just stay still. Not even looking at his wife neither him. Suga turned when he heard an engine start roaming. He wanted to stop the car but then his father grab him and quickly closed the gate.

"Dad! Mom is leaving! Why won't you do anything!" He shouted. Mr. Min grip his shoulder.

"Starting from now on, don't you ever mention about her again. NEVER." His dad warned him. He pulled his shoulder away from the grip as saying

"What did she ever do to you?!" Then he ran inside. Crying nonstop in his room. And that was the worst day ever in his life.

"Yoo? Aren't you going to school now?" Mrs. Min came out with a laundry. She was weird to see Suga standing in front of the door gate and stare at it. Suga came back to reality.

"Do you want daddy to send you to school?" She asked again.

"I'm going now." Suga opened the door gate and walk very fast. As he rewound the past, he doesn't want to see his dad face. He blamed his dad for causing mom to leave.

"Be careful!" He heard his step mom shout from afar. His dad married her after 2 years living without mom. He said Suga need a mother's love. But for Suga, mother's love only came from whom had gave born him. There's no such love from other so-called-mom.

*       *       *

"Jungkook-ah! Hold this for me." Suga pointed to the end of long wood. He wanted to saw this wood and need a support. Taehyung and Jimin busy nailing the rooftop.

"Should we just stand the stick and nail the steel net? It would spare the wood." Jin suggest to Jhope. They both are in charge of making the hen. Jhope shrugged and grins. He doesn't know much about this thing.

"Sound great!" Said Suga while saw the wood.

"When will we finish this? What do you think hyung?" Jungkook asked Suga.

"3 days for the hen. 4 days for the green house." Suga answered. They just realize that Jhope also ruined the green house beside the hen. Luckily there were no soul involve.

"We need to farm too." Taehyung sighed. He looked at the vegetables and ripe watermelon which all ruined.

"I'm very sorry guys. But don't worry I'll fixed it and farm it myself." Jhope smile at them.

"Stupid. How can I leave it all to you since you not ever know what to do with the coop." Suga scoffed. Jhope grins shyly.

"We'll do it together! Right hyung?" Jungkook said. Suga just hummed in response and take another wood.

"Thank you guys! Let’s eat ddeokboki after this. My treat." Jhope winked.

"Yeahh!!" Taehyung and Jimin scream happily. Jin smile and glance to see Suga who silently smile in pleasure.

"I hope you can get out from your darkness."

*      *      *

"Do I have something on my face?" Suga ask Jungkook because he keep staring at him. Jungkook startled.

"Nothing." Suga frown. Unsatisfied with the answer.

"Do you have something to say?" He asked again.

Jungkook look around. Taehyung, Jimin and Jhope were busy playing a games machine while Jin went to look the fishes in the aquarium. Jungkook breathed in. He really do have questions to ask but he is not sure whether it is the right time.

"Erm.. it’s about your personal hyung. As I say yesterday, people talk bad to you and your family was involve-" Jungkook look at Suga. He looked calm as if it was a normal thing to him.

"My mom and dad had divorce and he married another woman two years later. That just a possible thing that could happen to any family." Jungkook face change. He was thinking about his parent. Suga smirk.

"Don't worry. As long as your parents don't have a war, the divorce won't happen." Suga leaned on the chair as he peek the ddeokboki. It was boiling.

"Kids! It’s time to eat!" He called the others.

"How about your mom? Is she remarried too?" Suga face turns grim.

"You sure had high curiosity as hell did you?"

"I'm sorry." Jungkook tilted his head down. Suga sighed. Beside Jin, Jungkook was the second to know about his past.

"I haven't heard any news about her since she left. So, after this and forever..don't ever ask about my family again." Last word from Suga before the others join them at the table.

*      *      *

Jungkook walking home as he think about Suga. He pity him for having a family conflict at such a young age.

"Kookie? Is that you?" Without he realizing, he already home.

"Mom~ don't call me that. I'm an adult now." His mom laugh out loud. So cute. He was only 16 yet claiming to be adult.

"Not yet dear. You still my cutie pie." His mom pinched his cheek. Jungkook pouts.

"Go take a bath. Later we have dinner." His mom slightly push him upstairs.

After he take a bath he quickly went down as he smell something good. But his dad stop him.

"Please get my phone on the table in my room." Jungkook make a fast turn and went to his parent's room.

He switched on the light and find at each table. He saw the phone at the corner of the room. He take the phone but he stop for a second. He smile when he saw his childhood picture there.

"Did you found it?" his dad asked in loud voice.

"Yeah!" He left the room as he came in and went to have dinner.

 

"Hyung! Do we get to eat ddeokboki today too?" Taehyung ask him. They now building the coop. Nailing sound heard at every part of the coop.

"If you want." Jhope smile as usual.

"No. Let me treat today." Jin offered himself. Don't want to burden Jhope. These kids nowadays always want something as reward. But because of their hard work, Jin was gladly to treat them.

"Where is Suga hyung?" Jimin suddenly asked. He needs his coach here.

"He left his phone in the class. So he went to take it." Jungkook answer on Suga's behalf.

"You two seemed very close now." Jin smile at Jungkook.

"It’s not like that hyung." Jungkook denied shyly.

"Hey! I brought a new co-worker!" Suga came with a tall tanned guy behind him. He smiled happily as he was hoping that this guy will help them to finish this as soon as possible.

"Where did you kidnap him?" Jin looked at the blonde guy. Seeing him standing there with Suga making they look like a twin. Blond hair twin.

"Detention room. Singing very loudly. If he just sat quietly, I wouldn't drag him here." Suga glance at him. Now he knew the identity of the guy who sang crazily at the rooftop few days ago.

"Now introduce yourself and what did you do to be here."

"Hi. I'm Kim Namjoon from 2-1. I am here because I sang very loudly." Uu. They were amazed by his deep and manly voice.

"Like seriously? I just dragged you here because you make noise?" Suga frown.

"Oh, I am here because of my attire." They scanned him up and down. But it looks okay until Jin chuckled.

"What the hell with the pink shirt?!" Inside his school blazer, it’s not a white school uniform but bright pink shirt!

"Your trousers too. Why too high?" Jhope pointed to his bare ankle.

"You're not wearing socks hyung(?)" Jimin frown.

"Okay, enough! Let’s get to work." Suga stops the observation.

A moment later.. prangg! The rooftop fell.

"Hyung!!" Taehyung and Jimin shouts in unison when Namjoom accidently struck the rooftop. They just finished it beautifully and put it on top to nail it and Namjoon..

"Huhh." Suga sighed heavily. Now there are lot to do.

*      *      *

Jungkook frowns. Sometimes he would scratch his eyebrow, spinning his pencil in between fingers and tapping the table. Suga's smiling face kept on playing like a slideshow in his head. Somehow it was familiar to him.

"Where did I see such a smile?" he groaned in frustration. Just then his mom knocked the door.

"Kook? Mom and daddy will go out for awhile. Don't sleep too late ok?" she said.

"Okay." Jungkook doesn't like people entering his room so frequent even though it’s his own parent. So that his mom just told him after she knocked the door. She eventually go in when to check if he asleep, to wake him up or when he having a nightmare.

"Darling, don't forget your phone." he heard his mom reminding his dad who is a forgetful person.

Jungkook snapped his finger. He now remembered where he saw the smile. At his parent's room! He waits until he heard a car vroom away before quickly went to their room. He was being cautious when he looked around to make sure that he was all alone. When the line is clear, he opened the door.

"." he cursed when he find out that the door was locked. He now needs to find the key. He smirked as he remembered seeing his mom hide the key behind the wall clock.

Jungkook tiptoed and use his phone to see in the dark. He went to the table that full of frame. Most of it is his pictures during childhood. He then stops at a picture. His mom backhugging him at a playground. It looks like he was four at that time.

That picture gave him somehow a freaking feeling. He doesn't remember taking a picture at the playground. Actually it was NEVER. Because his house was very far from the playground that he barely step his foot there like.. twice a year(?).

But maybe once they took it but he doesn't remember. Jungkook try to assure himself. Jungkook then focusing the light at himself in the picture.

"Were my eyes small like this back then?" his eyebrows furrowed. He then compared 'him' and him in other picture.

"Besides, my skin was not that white when I'm little." Jungkook pouts. He still unsatisfied. The faces slightly look like him but the eye smile was completely different. That eye smile reminds him to Suga.

"Aish. I need to know the date it was taken." Jungkook took the frame and starts opening it. His mom usually wrote the date taken behind the picture. It was her habit.

"What the-" Jungkook was kind of shock of what he just see.