Basketball Match

BROTHERS

Chapter 14: Basketball Match

 

"Ahh so tired!" Suga yawned plus whining. He and Jin were studying together at Jin's house. Jin chuckled.

"It may worth it if we pass the exam." Jin stretched his hands. He tired too. It is late night now.

"We need to sleep now." Suga already tidy up his books.

"Tomorrow we should rest. Next Monday will be our war." Jin pushed the coffee table to other side. Suga hummed as he laid the comforter. He sleep over at Jin place for almost a week to study. In the evening, he will help Jungkook and Jin practice basketball.

"I want to play tomorrow." Suga said.

"Sure." Jin closed the lights.

"Goodnight." Jin said when he reached his bed. Suga hummed as response when he was actually focusing on the phone screen. He got messages from his mom and Jungkook.

His mom wish him good night and said not to sleep too late while Jungkook asking to play tomorrow. He replied to Jungkook an ok emoticon and nothing to mom. After that, he sleep.

 

"Thankyou aunt for letting me to stay here." Suga said to Jin's mom. She smiled.

"Most welcome. I am happy that you both study together. I hope for the best in your result."

"Hey, have a breakfast first before you go." Jin tapped his shoulder. Suga shook his head.

"No thank you. I want to breakfast with my mom. She's been missing me." Suga smiled. Even though he's not replying her messages, he still wanna make her happy with his sudden return and breakfast together.

"Okay then. See you at the court this evening." Suga nodded and bowed to Jin and his mom.

*      *      *     

The same morning, Jungkook and Taehyung jogs and exercised together. It has been six months they work out together.

"I think my packs can kill Jimin's." Taehyung said as he rubbed his formed abs proudly. Jungkook giggles.

"We both can." Jungkook touched his too.

"Jimin is a hard working guy. He work out everyday." Taehyung told. Jungkook nods. He can see that. Jimin's muscles were always firm and his abs was solid. They both fell into silence.

"Hey, this evening, I and Jin hyung will play basketball together with Suga hyung. How about we have a little match between us?" Jungkook raised a brow. Taehyung smiled.

"Call!"

That evening, all Bangtan gathered at Hangang Park.

"What are you all doing here?" Suga asked when he arrived. He saw Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook played together at the court.

"We will having a match with you." Namjoon came from behind and hugged his shoulder.

"We will divide into two groups." Jhope, who came with Namjoon told him.

"Sounded great." Jin commented.

"So how we will divide it?" Jhope took the ball from Jimin and bounced it.

"Let’s play paper, rock, scissors." Taehyung suggested. They played and the grouping are Namjoon, Suga, Jimin & Jhope in one group while Taehyung, Jin and Jungkook in one other group.

"You need to complete your members." Suga said. They looked around and found someone familiar.

"Hey, that's Jackson! Go ask him!" Jimin pointed at his handball team mate. With Jackson, Jin's group succeeding in forming a group of four.

"Let’s get started!" Suga throw the ball up in the air. The one who will strike it are Jhope and Jungkook. Jungkook got the ball and quickly bounced it toward the net. Suga and Namjoon chase him.

"Defend!" Suga shouted when he tried blocking Jungkook. Jungkook make a quick pass to Taehyung and he threw to Jin. Jin ran to the back and make a long shoot. Their opponent's eyes widen.

"Hiargh!" Namjoon jumped higher and slammed the ball to the ground which he managed to block Jin's trial.

"Woh!" Suga was impressed. So do Jungkook and Jin.

"Wow! That hyung can actually play!" Taehyung said.

"Taller guy should know how to play basketball." Namjoon exclaimed; grinning proudly.

"Focus please!" Jungkook already got the ball.

"Yah Kim Namjoon!" Suga yelled as he ran to block Jungkook. They laugh.

"Not that easy!" Jhope snatched the ball from Jungkook and pass it to Jimin. Suga run to the net and when Jimin throw him the ball, Suga make a quick shoot and..

"Goal!!" Jhope yelled; holding hands with Namjoon.

"Woah Suga hyung." Jimin was fascinated by his quick skills.

The game start again.

This time, Jhope get the ball. He wants to pass it to Namjoon but his steps stumble making him loss balance and in that motion, Jackson take the ball. Jhope eventually fall but in quick he stood and run to defend.

"Are you alright?" Suga asked when they pass by. Jhope nods and smiled.

"Hope!" Jhope quickly focus when Namjoon shouted his name. He just got the ball and throw it towards him.

"Got it!" Jin managed to instead of Jhope. Jimin and Taehyung chuckled. They found it funny. Plus by seeing Jhope expression.

"Yeah!" Jungkook shouted when Jin finally score one. The game start over and over again until at one time..

"Yah, until when we play?" Jin asked Suga while panting hard. They played for about 50 minutes without rest. Suga wiped his sweats while thinking.

"How about one more goal?" Jimin butts in. Suga pushed him as he reply,

"Call! You block Taehyung. He's no joke." Taehyung also showed and impressed move by making the ball missing in seconds and pop out on his team's grip.

"One more goal. It worth 3 points!" Jimin shouted. The current score are 20 for Jin's team while 21 for Suga's team.

"Assa!" Taehyung and Jungkook grinning to each other meanwhile Jin and Jackson quickly finding a strategic position.

"They're getting better and better." Suga complimented them to Jimin.

"Yeah. You're the coach though hyung." Jimin smiled. Suga smiled proudly. He doesn't care about winning or lose. What he want are a great teamwork and their applications on techniques he has been teaching.

"But sure you won't let them win right?" Namjoon appeared. Suga chuckled.

"Of course." He goes to the middle. This last round, he will snatch the ball with Jungkook. Seeing the slightly tall difference, Jin chuckled. He can feel Suga glaring him now.

"Fighting hyung!" Jhope and Jimin yelled.

"Jungkookie go kookie go!" Taehyung and Jackson clapped their hands. Soon as Jin blew the whistle, Namjoon threw the ball vertically high and Suga with Jungkook jumps as high as they can. Jungkook got the ball but then Suga snatched it from him and spun around to pass to Namjoon nearby.

"Here! Here!" Taehyung tried to confuse Jhope by being his fake team mates. Jhope is a bit startled but he managed to pass to the right person, Jimin.

"Oh no!" Jimin lost his touch and the ball fall on the ground. Jackson managed to grab the ball and run to Jungkook.

"Hyung!" Jimin asked for Suga's help. Suga run to block Jungkook but Jungkook had passed it to Jin. Namjoon and Jhope blocking Jackson and Taehyung. Suga jumps and slapped the ball to Jimin's way once again and this time Jimin get it. Jimin try to shoot but it doesn't go in and hit the board instead. During the falls, Taehyung and Jimin competes to catch the ball.

"Sorry gentlemen." Namjoon snatched it and made a long pass to Suga and he dunks.

"Haa..haa.." Jin panted. Jungkook wiped the sweat.

"We still can't beat the master." Jackson commented seeing Suga being celebrated by his team mates.

"Well done boys. It’s an awesome game I ever had. Thank you." Suga shake hands with the opposite team.

"Thank you(?)" Jungkook frown. Suga giggles and he hugs him.

"It’s mean he had fun. Thanks for made it." Jin translated it to Jungkook.

"Well, you're welcome hyung." Taehyung butts in.

"Thanks Jackie. You're awesome." Jimin tapped Jackson's shoulder. Jackson make a peace and grins, "No problem bro." He said.

"Yah, let’s go grab some refreshments." Namjoon called.

"Leader's call. Let’s go." Jhope took the ball.

"What should we eat?" Jimin talked to Jungkook.

"Ramen ddeokboki?" Taehyung butts in again.

"Yah, it’s hot. We're just get ourselves hot." Jimin hissed. Jhope laugh.

"Why does it sounded so weird?" Jhope commented.

"Let’s eat bingsu. It cold isn't?" Jungkook suggested.

"Nice." Suga compliments. He thirsts for something cold right now.

"In this cold season?" Jimin looked at them.

"Oh come on~ we're dying hot right now." Jackson and Taehyung wrapped his shoulder.

"Just drag him." command Suga.

"Awrh. My car smells like.." Jin frowns his nose as soon as he shut the door. The boys laugh and say,

"It’s your smell too hyung!"

"What kind of bingsu you all wanna eat?" Suga who sat beside Jin, asked.

"Snowflake bingsu!" The maknaes shouted except Jackson.

"I want Injeolmi bingsu." Jackson told.

"We of course red-bean bingsoo~" Jhope said as he put his hand on Namjoon's shoulder.

"How about you hyungs?" Taehyung asked.

"Strawberry flavor." Jin answered and then glances to Suga.

"Me snowflake." Suga looked outside as they now arrive. It’s not that far actually. They just too tired to walk there. Since Jin has a car, they decided to ride it.

After eating, Jin once again volunteers to send them home and of course the boys are so happy about that. When they are getting inside the car, Suga approached Jin and told him he needs to buy some groceries.

"Wow. You're a helper now." Jin was amused about it. Suga pulled a smile.

"I don't have much time. Later we'll be busy for our final and entrance exams. Then we'll be busy as a university student. I guess no more time as much as now." Jin tapped his shoulder countlessly telling how proud he is to see Suga changes to a lovely son.

"Not that part for now. Just a helper." Suga snapped.

"But still, you're getting better." they both exchanged smiles.

"Hyung, you're not getting in?" Jimin asked. Suga shook his head and waves when the car starts moving.

"Bye hyung~!" The boys greeted him. Suga sighs.

"Damn. They're so loud." He chuckled and start walking to the opposite to take the bus.