Complicated

BROTHERS

 

"Yoo! Come here! Let’s take some picture." her mom gestured to come near her. Yoongi who was hanging onto the monkey bar jumped down. He ran to his mom who stood in between swings and a big tree.

"Happy birthday my baby boo." his mom kneed down and pecked his cheek. Yoongi smiled shyly but he was very happy.

"Thank you mom. I love you." he said and hugged her. It’s his birthday today and he said he wanted to come here. His mom brought him although she was unwell that day. She asked her friend to them there.

"I love you more." she back hugged him.

"Ready?" mom's friend asked. We both nodded. "Say kimchi~"

Suga opened his eyes. Tears came down to his cheek. He missed that moment. It was his last birthday he celebrates with mom. She left a week before his birthday. Now it has been three months after his birthday. He went here too last 9 March but today he just missing it. So that he was here.

“S-suga hyung?” a soft voice appeared out of nowhere. Suga turn around just to see Jungkook in his sport’s attire and panting hard.

“Jungkook? Why are you here?” Suga was surprised to see him. Jungkook’s house was at the downhill. So he is not expecting to see him at this province uphill.

“I’m exercising.” Jungkook smiled. Deep inside he was very shocked to see Suga here. Basically, both were in shock.

“Isn’t it far from your house?” Suga walked to the nearer bench. Jungkook followed him as he answered.

“Quite far. But it’s exciting!” Suga gave him a weird look. Jungkook really was enjoying his exercise.

“But hyung, doesn’t the school far from your house. It took 40 minutes to school and isn’t it the farthest among other province?” Jungkook take a sit beside Suga.

“If there’s a school beside my house, I wouldn’t have gone there.” Suga scoffed. Jungkook grins shyly. Yeah. It’s the only high school near their province. But it was the farthest from Suga’s province.

“Do you have a dongsaeng hyung?” Jungkook threw a sudden question. Suga gave him a glare.

“I thought that was the last time we talked about it.” Suga reminds him about what he had said at the ddeokboki shop back then. Jungkook tilted down his head.

“I’m just curious.” He slowly mumbled. Suga blew up his front hair.

“I’m the only son. How about you?” he glanced. Jungkook nod his head.

“Me too. It’s lonely when we are alone. Right?” Jungkook look at Suga. Suga just hummed in response.

“Do you always exercising alone?” Suga ask after a long silence.

“Usually yes. But recently I exercised together with Taehyung. Yesterday we went there.” Jungkook pointed to a place. The playground uphill was really high and they can see the whole province they had been. It was really beautiful up here. Unfortunately Taehyung can’t join him since he went to visit his grandparents today.

“Do you live here hyung?” Jungkook asked.

“Do you think I’m that rich?” Suga asked him back. Jungkook was speechless. He didn’t expect that kind of answer. Suga smiled quietly. He likes teasing Jungkook like this. Left him hanging.

“I lived down there. Therefore, the school and my house are not as far as you’ve imagine.” Jungkook looked at him with an unsatisfied face. “I just drop by here. Back then my mom and I enjoy the view from here. It’s very beautiful.” Jungkook nodded.

“Y-your mom?”

“Not my current mom. The other one.” Suga heaved a deep sigh. He got up and put his hands inside his jean’s pocket. “Let’s stop here Jungkook. Just keep your damn other s next time. I’d answer it if I ever interested.” Suga left first. Jungkook sent him with his gaze. When his figure was no longer seen, Jungkook sighed.

“What is your real name hyung?” Jungkook mumbled his next question silently. He looked at his phone. He had a strong feeling that his mom had another son. And he was sure that the son was Suga. He can’t help but to feel like that. Suga had so many common to the picture and his memory at this playground.

“But do mom once get divorced before married to dad?” he scratched his neck.

“Arfghjksmn.” He mumbled nonsenses. “Things getting complicated!”

 

“Why do you look so down Jungkook? Is it because of the selection result?” Jin came to Jungkook after their evening practice. Earlier, their coach had announced the list name whose got selected to join the school’s championship and unfortunately Jungkook was not in list. Jungkook just pout in response. Jin smiled and ruffled his head before take a drink beside him. After a couple silence, Jungkook voiced,

“I made mistakes. Many mistakes.” Jungkook lowered his head. His mind and feels were not in good condition nowadays.

“Yeah. I can see that.” Jin said in agree as he nods his head too. Jungkook slightly peek at Jin. He thought Jin would comfort him. Jin chuckled.

“Hey, it just a temporary selection okay. The championship starts next month though. You still have two weeks before the fixed member selection.” Jin caressed Jungkook’s back. Jungkook turned to him with a bright face.

“Really? Then I still have a chance hyung?” he asked. Jin pulled his ear.

“Are you listening or not earlier? Mr. Jay had said it after he announced the lists. He even spared you a glance you know?”

Jungkook ached. He then giggles.

“Really? Hahaha I may out of my mind that time.” He said.

“You’re entirely out of your mind.” Jin shook his head as he remember how Jungkook carelessly passing the ball and lose the shooting. “You can share with me your problems. I’ll help as I can help.”

Jungkook smiled. With the thought of his mother who had another child, his emotions turn down the entire time. He was the most worry about his father if he was ever knows about it. His face may look alike that child in the picture, but the words and date written behind it prove it was not. He was not ready to tell anyone about this now.

“So?” Jin was still waiting.

“So.. I think you need to be my coach until the real selection.” Jungkook smiled. Jin was selected in the temporary list and he think he should ask his help to improve his skills.

“Well, about that- you need a pro to teach you instead of me.” Jin touched his chin. Jungkook raised his eyebrows. “I’ll introduce you to my sifu.” Jin wink.

      *      *      *

BAM! BAM! SHUUP! BAM! BAM! SHUUP! The sound was produced by a bouncing ball and a shoot sound. A heave breath was heard as he panted when he landed on the ground after he does slam dunk. He grabbed the ball and ran while bouncing it before he made a long shoot. SHUUP! BAM! BAM! The ball enters the net and bounced on the ground.

PAP! PAP! PAP! PAP! A clapped sound was heard.

“You’re awesome hyung!” Jungkook gave him two thumbs up.

“Why are you always pop out of nowhere?” the hardly sweating guy hissed. Jungkook chuckled.

“I’m sorry. But Jin hyung want you to be my coach until the championship. Can you help me Suga hyung?” Jungkook walked towards Suga. Suga picked the ball and spun it as he say,

“What if I say no?” he glanced to Jungkook as the ball rolled from his right arm to his shoulder and to his left arm.

“Then let have a game. If I win, hyung have to teach me. If I lose, I’ll leave.” As soon as Jungkook finished saying, Suga directly shoot the ball.

“ 1 – 0 “  he smirk. Jungkook quickly ran and catch the ball before Suga does. With his quick move, he managed to score one for him.

“ 1 – 1 “ Jungkook spun the ball.

“Focus!” Suga said as he snatched the ball and ran far behind before made a high jump and shoot. SHUUP! The ball enters the net. “You should use your height benefits to stop me.” Suga said. Jungkook made a ‘O’ mouth. He was taller than Suga but Suga manage to pass through him and made a shoot. Lastly, the result was 13 – 8. The winner was Suga.

Jungkook crouched as he felt like he wanna cry. Suga won and he’ll leave this court.

“You’re great. Nobody catch me up more than 5 goals.” Suga compliments Jungkook as he came and ruffled his hair.

“But I lose.” Jungkook hoarse voice made Suga smiled brotherly.

“Are you leaving then? Because if I win, I wanna teach you.” Jungkook stand straight.

“Really?” he shed his tears. Suga laugh.

“Are you crying?!”

“You’re the one who made me cry.” He mumbled. Suga chuckled before pulled Jungkook for a short, warm hug.

“By the way, how did you know that I was here?” Suga asked as he released the hug. Suga glanced around the Hangang Park that was dimly lightened by the street lamps. Not much people hanging here at this late hour. It’s reaching midnight though.

“Jin hyung told me that you’ll play basketball here after 9. But you’re with your team that time so I wait until you’re finished.” Suga was slightly touched to hear that. Jungkook has waited that long for him.

“We shall practice at the evening. You be home at time like this will make your parents worried.” Suga went to pick his jacket.

“No worry hyung. I’m 16 though.” Jungkook followed his steps.

“Still, you’re look like a baby.” Suga look at him. Jungkook pouts. His baby face always made people think like that. When they said it, that time he really wanna grows faster to become an adult. So that, they will really see him as a man.

“You’re even a cry baby.” Suga mocked him.

“Hyung!”

-tbc

 


Hi! I will be busy this week, I'm afraid that I can't update. (Because I have scheduled it to be update every weekend) That's why I updated this chapter today! :D  I has assignments & grouping projects to do. So sorry ><. But I will sneaks some time to write little by little, hehe and update next Sunday. *winkwink!* wish me luck! I hope u guys enjoy reading it and leaves your thoughts below. :) Thank you <3

-Sharin