Detective

BROTHERS

"What the-" Jungkook was kind of shock of what he see.

In meantime,

Vroom~ the car came back. Without any further, Jungkook skillfully put the picture back and left the room locked. He then quickly put back the key and went to his room switching off the light then pretend to be sleep on his bed.

A moment later, his mom came in to check him. She brushed his hair for a few times before pecking his temple.

"Goodnight. I love you." she whispered to him. Not long after, he heard his mom sobbing silently.

"Sera?" his dad stood at the door. He can feel his mom leave his bed to get to his dad.

"Everytime I whispered Kookie, I'll remember of Yoo. Back then I always do that to him before he went to sleep." his mom said sadly.

"Shuu. Don't cry. You'll wake him up." his dad pat her back.

"I miss him so bad dear." his mom spoke out her feeling.

"I know." his dad comforts her as he close the door.

Soon, Jungkook open his eyes. Mom and dad were hiding something from him. He was sure of it. Jungkook memorize what he saw behind the picture. The date written was 9/3/1997. His mother once told him that she had set a table in her room that full of his picture. But that picture was not his. What creepy is, he was still in her womb! Which his birthdate was 1/9/1997.

"Who is Yoongi?" he whispered the name to himself. Because behind the picture written something else; Mom ♡ Yoongi

"My hyung? If he is, why I’ve never seen him? Is he-" Jungkook gulped before continue, "Dead?"

 

That morning, Jungkook woke up with a face like a zombie. He was too shock to know that last night. What a great timing that God had gave to him. Today he had a lot of quizzes yet he was unprepared.

He stopped at the kitchen’s hallway. He can see his mom making eggroll and his dad is reading a newspaper while sipping his coffee. Jungkook take a deep breath before naturally enter the kitchen.

"Morning mom~" he back hugging her and kiss her cheek as usual morning.

"Morning Kookie~" his mom patted his head as she roll the egg.

"Morning Dad." he pat his dad's shoulder

"Good morning baby boy." his dad smiled cheekily.

"Gosh daddy. I'm not a baby anymore." he pouts.

"You are. Especially when you're sleeping. You look so innocent Jungkook." his dad chuckled. Jungkook grab some grapes and eat it.

"Oh yes. Talking about that.. did you came in my room last night mom?" Jungkook look at her. He can saw her body stiffen at his question.

"She always went to your room to whisper you a good night and some love kicks." his dad answered on her behalf with a small laugh.

"You hate it when I came in. So I only went when you're asleep dear." his mom turn to smile at him. She had just finished making eggrolls. Jungkook nod his head.

"Really? Hmm.. I sleep like a dead person that I never notice your existence. But last night I hear you mom." Jungkook spoke innocently. He can see his mom and dad’s reaction starting to change. Like a hot worm.

"I hear you whisper me I love you." Jungkook giggles. "Last night is my best sleep ever." he said again. His mom smiled. His dad too. They both had a relieved face. Jungkook heavily sigh deep inside. He chose to investigate it by himself to find the identity of the boy and what relation they had. When he did, he'll going to ask his parent face to face. Leaving only truth to speak.

      *      *      *

"Yah!" Suga yelled. "Jeon Jungkook! Go get Namjoon far from those things. He’ll going to ruin it anyway." Jungkook quickly get Namjoon who is excitedly nailing the wood.

"Hyung. Leave it to me. Go get us some water." Namjoon look at him.

"I can do this. Don't mind me." he continued to slam the hammer.

"I mind because you are doing it wrong way hyung. Look, the nails popped out of nowhere. You're ruining the wood after all." Both of them were speechless.

"Okay. I'll go get water." Namjoon pass the hammer to Jungkook. Taehyung and Jimin chuckled from the upper part of green house.

"He's a God of Destruction!" said Taehyung. Jimin nod agreeing. Since Namjoon was here, everything seemed impossible to finish this within a week. Tomorrow is the weekend. Sure they will be at home.

"Hahaha but he is funny." said Jin. He remembered how Namjoon express most of his feel using his face alone. It looks ugly yet cute and funny.

"And he is incredibly freaking genius." Jhope said. Yesterday, their first term exam results were announced. Amazingly Namjoon placed the first in his class and overall second year ranking!

"No wonder he is in first class (2-1)." Jungkook nod to himself. That hyung had a pro and cons in him.

"Are you okay dude?" Jimin who came down asked Jungkook.

Jungkook frown as he answered, "Yeah." Jimin look at him.

"You looked stress these days. Are you frustrated that we can't finish this within a week?" Jimin asked in concern.

"Ahh hahaha it’s not about that. Plus the longer, the more we can see each other right? It’s nothing Jimin. Beside this is my serious look." Jungkook smiled.

"Really? I’d love to see your smile than your stiff face." Taehyung joining in.

"Smile like me Jungkook-ah." Jhope showed him his wide smile.

"Okay." Jungkook smile widely as Jhope did.

"Aigoo~ why so cute!" Jimin pinched his cheek. Jungkook try to avoid but Taehyung grip his shoulder while tickling him. Jungkook burst into laughter because it’s ticklish! But his laugh stopped when from afar he saw Suga and Jin smile while looking at them.

"Uh? Why? Is it hurt?" Taehyung ask worriedly. Jungkook just shook while his eyes on Suga and Jin. Both Taehyung and Jimin look at their senior.

"Oh.. shall we tickles them too?" Taehyung wiggling his eyebrows.

"Don't ask Taehyung-ah~" Jimin quickly get Suga. Taehyung follow from behind.

"Yaa!!" Suga yelled at them. Jin laugh beside him before Namjoon out from nowhere came to tickle him.

"Oh !" Suga cursed when he can't escape himself. Jhope was entertained to see the hyung suffer. He laughed very hard before Namjoom called him to help tickling Jin. In the end they laugh till eyes got teary. Jungkook, still, watching Suga.

"Is Suga even his real name?" he can't help but to be very curious because the eye smile was insanely the same.

     

Saturday. Finally it is the weekend that all students are waiting for. But, why he felt so boring?

"Huhh~" he sighed heavily. Rolling on his bed. He missed his friend and the hyungs very bad. It feels empty without their laugh.

"Kim Taehyung! Stop rolling on your bed! Come and help me with the laundry!" his mom yelled from the porch. Taehyung sat up in shock.

"Is she a psychic?" he mumbled.

"Kim Taehyung!"

"Coming!" he quickly run downstairs.

He saw his mom hang a cloth as he out.

"Aigoo~ you can't bear living a life without me around you. You already miss me so bad." he teasingly said. His mom had called him to help prepare breakfast and he was actually just rolling for about 5 minutes before his mom start to call him again.

"What to do? You’re so helpful to be waste." his mom laugh. Taehyung made weird face. His mom glances to see it. She knew he would make that face.

"Your handsome face should be shown to your mom the most before to your future girl. I might miss it insanely." she pout. Taehyung laugh. He pinched his mom's cheek.

"Aigoo that's why appa always lose to you. My omma is so good at giving bribes." he laughed again when she slapped his arm.

"Go get the clothes."

"Aye aye ma'am!" he sometime with the cloth. Also with his dad's boxer.

"Hahahaha he still wear this at such age!" he laugh and again his arm being slapped.

"I bet you will too. You're daddy's doppelanger though." she said. Taehyung slaps her hand with his dad's boxer.

"Omma!" his mom laugh. But then the sudden strong wind blew the boxer away. Taehyung laugh. Enjoying the scenes.

"Ya! Go get it back! It’s his favourite!" his mom rushed him to get it back. Taehyung run out as he continued laughing. His laugh stopped when he saw a guy holding the boxer.

"Sorry, that's my dad property." he said. "Jungkook?" he said again as the guy turns around.

"Tae?" Jungkook looks like he was holding his laugh.

"It’s my dad's okay." he said in defence and grab the boxer.

"What did you do to it? It fell on my head you know?" Jungkook pouts.

"I help my mom with the laundry. Well, you can call it fate. If not we may not meet each other." Taehyung grins

"Fate your butts." Jungkook scoffed. Taehyung smack the boxer to his face. Making Jungkook yelled at him. Taehyung stick out his tongue.

"What are you doing here anyway? Jogging?" he scans Jungkook up and down. Jungkook wear jumpsuit and sport shoes.

"Sort of. Hey, do you know nearby playground?"

"Do you want to play? Can I join you?" Taehyung ask excitedly. Jungkook nodded.

"Come in. I need to finish the laundry first." Taehyung brought Jungkook in and introduce him to his mom.

"What a very fine boy. You must have a lot of fans at school." she commented on him. Jungkook denied shyly. He help Taehyung with the laundry too before they could go to the playground.

"Why do you want to go to the playground?" Taehyung look at him. They now on the way to the playground near Taehyung’s house. Jungkook does not bother to look at Taehyung back. He falls into his own thought.

This morning, before having his breakfast, Jungkook secretly went to his parent's room. He snapped a picture of the picture. He wanted to investigate which playground it is. Maybe his parents live around there back then before moving to their current house. If that so, he need to know why did they moved? Is something had happen there before? So firstly, he need to know where is it. In the picture, there were a red swings on the left and a big tree on the right. Behind them were terraces of double story house.

"Hey Jungkook. I'm asking you." Taehyung snapped. Jungkook was startled.

"Ah.. just for fun. I'm bored to play at the playground near home." He had went there earlier to investigate but it’s not the same as in the picture. So he went to this neighbourhood near his.

"You're 16 now Jeon Jungkook!" Taehyung chuckled.

"Why? Can't I play whenever I want?" Jungkook seems emotional.

"Sorry Kook. I'm not mocking you. Just it is my first time seeing a bold 16 year old guy craving to play at the playground. I respect you." he did a salute. Jungkook slightly smile. Sorry Taehyung. Actually I need to find out something and I can't tell you what it is. He said inside.

 

 

tbc-


Author's love letter :)

Hi! Thankyou for subscribing this story and I hope you all enjoy reading it! :D . I wanna make it clear if any of you might confuse about it. hehe Its about their ages. In this story, Yoongi and Jin are the same ages (18). Namjoon and Jhope are 17. And the maknaes are 16 (Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung). And...So how was it for this chapter and others? Aren't you curious what has happened back then? hehe leaves your thought to let me know! Till next chapters~ ppyong!  \>

- Sharin.