Flashback.

BROTHERS

Chapter 15: Flashback.

 

1 March 1998.

Mr. Min P.O.V.

Saturday morning always got me lazy. My wife probably in the kitchen preparing our breakfast or maybe doing the laundry. That's her typical morning. I then got up because I suddenly missed my little boy. Since I have been discharged from army, I kept on missing them every second. Even I'm at work.

Klick. I opened his door. I smiled. My son was so adorable when he sleeps. Every sleeping child looks like an angel. The quotes ringing in my mind and I agreed with that. I walked to his bed and snuggled with him. Kissing every inch that angel face. He was frowning but not even blinked for a second. I chuckled. I'm having a fantasy to play basketball with him every weekend. My wife could prepare us some snacks to eat after we play. Noises from outside chased my short imagine. I went to the window and saw a car outside.

"Who's coming?" I tried guessing the guest who came early in the morning to our house as I get out from the room and walk downstairs.

"Sera, I can be responsible. No. I am responsible to you." A guy's voice heard. I frown. Responsible for what? I peeked through the window.

"Kisook please. Let's talk later. My husband’s inside." My wife trying to stop their conversation.

"Later? Since Christmas you have been avoiding me. You're not answering my call and even not replying my messages. I missed you-" He said in anger but still in lower tone. She then pulled to peck his lips. Seeing that, I clenched my teeth and fists. WTF she's doing behind me?

"I missed you too. Just let's meet up later. This evening." She convinced him. The Kisook guy sighed.

"Fine. I'll pick you up at 5."

"No. I'll go by myself. It’s better that way. I'm not ready yet." Sera rejected. He sighed again.

"Okay then." He hugged my wife and say, "Sera, we're in this together okay. Don't do anything stupid." He said.

She nodded and send him to the gate. I was angry. Very angry but I cannot describes how long they have been together. Since I served army? She was okay before I went there but acted very differently when I got discharged. Sera, why are you doing this to me?

I heard Yoongi starts to throw tantrum upstairs and quickly go get him. I held him up and hugged him while his back. What ever happened, I will not giving up my boy. Because I can feels our dark future.

"You will not turn me down too right?" I asked my half-awake son. He just smiled. I smiled too.

"You're both awake?" She came smiling at us. How can she acted like that? That innocent look was cheating behind me. I hummed as response.

"Come and have breakfast." She walk downstairs. I smirked. That cold-hearted woman.

After I put Yoongi on his chair, she served us our meals. I ate silently as she does the same. This morning was a very awkward morning ever. I swear I have love her genuinely and treats her nicely although we both don't love each other at first. We both listened to our parents and get married. Year after that we have Yoongi. But were there still not enough. What do she still needs? I thought she started to love me too but I guessed things goes differently.

"Do you hear me?" She asked. I raised my brow.

"This evening I'll meeting my friend. I'll send Yoo to your parent for a while since you're going to meet your friends too." She said while pouring water to my almost finish coffee.

"Do you need to meet today? Can you just meet up tomorrow? I can take care of Yoo for you." I suggested as I act I never heard their conversation earlier. She shook her head.

"Okay then." I simply replied her. I'm planning to tail her though.

That evening, I pretended to go to meet my friends which I have cancelled it this morning. I trailed her. She went to a cafe near town. It’s quite far from our house. Well I thought her meeting was there but it's not. It's at the park nearby. Namsan Park. From afar, I saw that guy waiting for her with a little child with him. Around 4-5 months.

"Jagi!" He chimed. I frowned behind a tree. Hmm, Jagi you called? He made the child facing her and waving that little hands. "Say hi to mommy!" He said; smiling widely.

"We missed you." He hugged her and she took the baby. She kissed him all over and smiling cutely. The smile that only I saw when she with our Yoo. My body was trembling. What this all mean? Is she just not cheating behind me but be a mommy to another child? I don't want to snap her without any proof that I just went back home in disappointment. Just one thing to confirm the truth. Her diary.

I read all her written secrets. It’s all starting month after I served to army. She met her first love. Jeon Ki Sook.

~ Present

I closed the diary. Why the heck I would read something that just break my heart. Risa almost gave this thing to Yoo the night we tensed up. I am actually hesitates to give this to him. He might believe it and he might not. I don't want him to hurt too. Just like me.

Knock knock.

"Come in!" I wonder who would knocking my door room. It just so funny because it’s our house though. And it’s Yoo who knocked the door.

"Dinner." He said a word before gone. Leaving the door open. I pulled a smile. This kid. I put down my spectacles and kept the diary in one of the drawer in my working table. Seems like Risa ordered him to call me.

Author P.O.V.

After Suga called his dad, he goes back to the kitchen.

"Have you call him?" His mom asked. Suga hummed.

"Why not you wait for him?" She frown. Suga stares her. She kinda brave to order him around now. She smiled.

"Please eat the fruits first." Soon after, his dad joins them. They dine in silence and when it comes to dessert,

"Tomorrow will be your final right?" Mr. Min asking a confirmation from Suga.

"Yes." Suga answered. His response amuse Mr. Min. He replied me a word! His mind rang happily. Mrs. Min smiled too.

"How's the preparation?" He asked more.

"Fine." Suga nodded a little.

"Good luck." Mr. Min look at him.

"Thankyou...for the dinner." Suga pulled up and bring the plates to the sink. Mr. Min and Mrs. Min smiled to each other.

 

"Hyung good luck!" Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook said to him. These boys, they're always hyper in the morning.

"Thanks." He smiled.

"Wow hyung. Your hair-" Jungkook touched his bangs.

"It’s black (?)" Taehyung tilted his head. Seeing if it was true. Suga blew the front bangs. He dyed it black last night at Jin's cousin house. He run a hair salon inside his house.

"I have to. Since the rules said so."

"You and Jin hyung will not hanging out with us for three weeks." Taehyung pouts.

"We'll have fun on Christmas." Suga assured them.

"What do you want hyung? I'll buy it for you." Jungkook asked. Suga smirked.

"Really?" He tilted his head. Jungkook nods excitedly.

"I want a car then." Suga smiled. Jungkook's jaw dropped. Jimin and Taehyung giggles.

"Hyung~ not that expensive." He whined.

"Limited edition beanie for me. Dark grey." Suga said as he remembered the beanie he googled last night. It’s super cool.

"Okay. We'll buy it for you." Jungkook wrapped his hands around Taehyung and Jimin.

"We?" They both said in unison before retreats his hands. Jungkook pouts and they laugh.

This is the first day of the third year students. The seriousness aura spread all over the school. The teachers seemed to be more nervous than the student itself.

"Good luck bro." Suga and Jin bumped their fists and clamped it before touching shoulder. They smiled to each other and walk into the exam hall. Soon, the war starts.

Jungkook look out the window. He look at the blue sky instead of the blackboard.

"Fighthing hyungs." He whispered.

At the house, Mr. Min and Mrs. Min look at the clock. When the needle strikes nine o'clock, they pray. Praying for their son, Min Yoongi.

Sera put down the picture of her and Yoo at the playground. She smile sadly. Today it will be her son's final exam yet she can't wish him good luck. All she can do is pray from afar. Sera took out a piece of paper that her husband just give. She smiled. I'll see you soon, Yoo.

Second week of exam.

Suga get off from the bus and wave to Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung then pass by him and wave at him too. He smiled. They are so adorable. He wish that they were his brothers. Suga wear his earphone to ease his mind as he walk through the alley and hummed along with the music. He also tried to relax himself from the exams he gone through today. It such a tiring day.

Suga look at the sky. He wished the upcoming days will be okay for him and Jin. Suga almost arrive at his house so that he pulled out his earphone.

At the same time,

Clink! A keys dropped on the road just beside a corner he just pass by. Suga stopped and looked back. A woman with navy blue umbrella was crouching to pick her keys. Suga just gave a glance before he walked away since she's not needing his help. He opened the gate and closed it.

Sera slowly stand. Her umbrella helps to cover her from being noticed by Suga. She looked at his back figure who cooly walk entering the house. She silently smile with a tear drops on her cheek. So her son has been doing well. How she wish to hug and talk to him like in the past.

Third week of exam.

"How about the exams?" Namjoon asked. They all wait for the big hyungs at the school gate.

"I'm trying not to curse out." Suga said with hands in defense. They laughed. They look at Jin then.

"It's so wow." Jin smirked. They just finish answering Biology papers and they looked super tired.

"Luckily tomorrow is the last day of final." Suga sigh in relief. He cannot take the serious days anymore. This three weeks exam period make him sick though. Not physically, but mentally.

"I can't wait to play basketball all day long." He smiled. Showing off his cute gummy smile.

"Don't forget that we will shopping together for Christmas." Jhope reminds the hyung.

"Sure not!" Jin chuckled.

"And then you hyung will prepare for the entrance exam. I envy you." Jimin said. Suga’s brows raised up.

"Envy for what?" Jin asked.

"You're an adult now." Jimin pouts.

"Yeah." Taehyung agreed. Jungkook nods.

"Speaks like we're going to die." Suga snickered. Namjoon chuckled.

"Make sure to come visits us when you have time." He said to the hyungs. Suga and Jin nodded.

"Of course we will! Aigoooo~" Suga and Jin ruffled the boys' heads. They're asking like they will be separated for forever! Yaish these kids.

"Don' forget to look at the notes I gave to you." Namjoon talked about the additional mathematics' formula and solving way to Suga and Jin. They make OK sign before each of them split to go home. Namjoon ride bike with Jhope, Taehyung and Jimin rode the bus, Jin cycling Jungkook's bicycle with him behind and Suga walks. He said he want to ease his mind. As usual.

 

Jungkook goes to the kitchen with flowery hearts. He smiling all over his face.

"Hi mom! Dad!" He greets. They smiled.

"Why are you so happy today? Just now your mom humming while serving and now you with your cheeky face." His dad came pinching his cheeks. Jungkook pouts.

"I just excited for this Christmas." Jungkook told them while biting honey dew.

"You have plan?" Sera turns. Jungkook nods.

"Don't worry mom. Chirstmas night I'll be with you. I go out in the morning. So, you can date with dad." Jungkook grins. His dad gave him thumbs up. His mom shook her head.

"He kept on saying that." She said to her husband.

"Why not? It's been a long time since we dating." Mr. Jeon wiggled his eyebrows naughtily. Sera laugh.

"Yes dear. We will." She look at both them. Jungkook smiled. He prepares something special for his parent though.

After breakfast, Jungkook helps his mom with the chores while his dad went out taking the newspaper.

"Tell mom I'll do the laundry." Jungkook said to his dad who just pass by the kitchen.

"Orite baby boy." His dad chuckled after saying that. As if he see how long Jungkook's pout been. Jungkook smile then. He has used to it though. The chores finished and he do the laundry.

"Aigoo~ are you hungry Perry-a, Megi, Guri?" Jungkook went to see his fish at the living room. He just finished the laundry. Seeing the fish swim excitedly, Jungkook run to the kitchen when he find out that their food is out of stock. He seems can't find it anywhere and decides to ask his mom upstairs.

"Mo-"

"He's still the same right?" Sera talked with her husband. Jungkook stop by the door and peek through it. They are looking at a picture. His dad smile.

"This cold face. It just the same when the first time I met him." Mr. Jeon chuckled. "His weird expression to see unfamiliar guy around his mom." He said again and glance to his wife. She smiled sadly. Mr. Jeon noticed he shouldn't brought that up.

"When did you see him though?" He asked. She looks excited again.

"That picture is two weeks ago. This one is recently." She take out another picture and showed it to him. The time and scene was always the same. Its time when he arrived home after school.

"He went to the same school as Kookie?" Mr. Jeon looked shock. Sera nodded. She too, just realized it when she saw him wearing the school uniform. It reminds her at the boy she saw at the hall during basketball summer championship. What's different is just the hair colour. Her son had black hair colour but the boy she met there was blonde.

"Yeah. He's two years older than him though. But I wonder if they'll coincidentally met. The school is not that big." Mr. Jeon chuckled hearing the last sentence. He nudged his wife.

"I wonder how are their reaction if they know they are siblings." Mr. Jeon thinked.

"Jungkook maybe happy but he will ask bullet questions on how could it be" Sera smiled. "While Yoo, he might showed his cold side first before getting warm and closer." She look at the picture and it. Jungkook silently plastered a small smile. It just so accurate about how she describes Suga. The couple paused for a moment. Jungkook slowly steps aback and..

"Mom! Where's the fish food?!" He yelled. Sera dropped one of the picture and rushed keeping other pictures taken. Mr. Jeon stand up due to shockness and he smirk as he shook his head. This kid.

"Yah! Do you need to shout out loud?!" His dad yelled back but not in anger tone. He teased Jungkook.

"Tch. I'm afraid I disturb your romantic moment. Or not? Well what are you two doing in the room by the way?" Jungkook acts like he just got upstairs while his dad has walked out the room. Standing there, folding arms looking at him.

"What are you talking about? We're too old to make brother for you!" Sera snapped. Jungkook laugh.

"I'm not saying that. You said it mom!" He pointed to her cheekily before walk towards his room.

"Give the fish their food. They look skinny!" Jungkook said.

"Hmm this arrogant boy." Sera snickered. She then smiled. Jungkook smiled too.

"Okay, I'll be watching the morning news." Mr. Jeon said as he go down.

"Go get ready! You'll be late to school!" Sera said to Jungkook before jogs to catch her husband's steps.

"Let's go together!" Sera yelped. Jungkook look at them and then look at their opened room. He saw something on the floor just beside the bed. He quickly go in and pick it before shifted to his room and lock the door. He flips the picture and found Suga in it.

"So you really are my hyung, hyung." He whispered. Looking at Suga who wear dark grey hoodie and hands in pockets. This picture was taken 3 days ago. Jungkook guessed as Suga wore it just three days ago. Suga firm expression and his cold eyes looking far to house around him. Jungkook the face. Just like what his mom had said. He was happy to know that he has older brother, but, how could that happened? Just, why she got divorce? So many questions to be asked, to interview his mom, but he doesn't have that courage yet. He is still looking for the right time.

"The time will come." Jungkook nods. "That one day." He said softly.

 


Double update today! The things getting complicated slowly. Please read in ease and enjoy reading!!

-Sharin :)