7. A Familiar Scene

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A Familiar Scene]

It was chilly that day, so JinHee and Yixing decided to turn on the heater in the studio while they arrange a new set of lyrics.

“We’re almost done,” She said, admiring the work they’ve done. The music sheet had block notes drawn on it, accompanied by some words at the bottom. They’ve definitely made progress these past three days.

Yixing smiled in agreement, “Yeah, feels like it was just yesterday that we started.”

“That was weeks ago.”

“Felt like yesterday.”

They decided to review and play the song one last time before JinHee goes home. Yixing started playing on the piano while JinHee accompanied him, singing the lyrics.

When his finger lifted itself from the last note, they turned to one another simultaneously. The two exchanged quiet smiles and stayed silent for a couple of minutes. It wasn’t awkward, it never was, but JinHee got bored soon. So she opened a conversation.

“I probably wouldn’t be coming back next month.”

The latter threw her a confused look, “What?”

“I want to save money for college, and the rest is needed for my family. We’ve had some… Issues lately.” She told him.

“That’s a shame…” he looked genuinely crushed, “I really liked it here with you.”

She laughed and gave him a teasing look, “Don’t be so lame, Zhang Yixing. Just invite some of the guys from your dorm here!”

He showed her the most questioning expression, “Why the hell would I do that?”

“Yeah, you have a point,” JinHee said thoughtfully.

Yixing studied her for a while- Her hair was pushed up into a bun with a pencil (she was complaining about losing it a while ago), she wore a much more laidback outfit today. Just a cream blouse matched with a pair of denim jeans and high-heeled boots.

JinHee’s signature smell wafted in the air as she moved. He did buy the shampoo, but he then realized that he couldn’t smell his own hair, which was a complete waste. LuHan used it the other day, though, and Yixing found it weird to have his friend smelling like JinHee.

What would he do without her here?

The boy had gotten so used to her presence that without it, he would feel somewhat awkward. There has to be a way to make her stay- anything.

“Ah!” Yixing enlightened.

JinHee raised a brow at him, “What?”

“I know a way for you to keep on going here!” he exclaimed giddily.

“What is it, then?” asked she.

“You can be a tutor here! I heard that you were looking for a job, right? Well, I just remembered that the old piano teacher resigned because he was moving away. You can still come here and earn money. It’s a win-win!”

Her eyes widened in fascination, “That’s amazing, Yixing!”

“I know rig-”

But before he could finish his sentence, JinHee was already engulfing him into a big bear-hug. His hands found their way around her back to return the gesture. Her laugh rang into his ears, sounding relieved and delighted. Yixing smiled as he placed his chin on her left shoulder.

When it was time to pull away, he didn’t.

“Xing. Let go.” She said, trying to pry the boy off her.

He shook his head in rejection, “Not yet. I like it here. It smells so good.”

Her face contorted, “Uhh- thanks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter