15. Suspicions and Anxiety

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Suspicions and Anxiety]

When Yixing informed her about the news, JinHee freaked.

She never had thoughts of showing people her songs, so the thought that some producer is going to be a potential buyer screwed her senses.

JinHee felt like exploding when she remembered that this wasn’t just any producer. This was Lee SooMan; the Lee SooMan.

The CEO of Star Museum Entertainment (yes, that is what SM is short for.), the father of all those amazing girl and boy groups that dominated K-pop.

The mere mention of his name meant business- and JinHee felt giddy just thinking about it.

When the scheduled date had arrived, she dashed out of her house with a purple, A-line dress, her old Louis Vuitton bag, and black, gladiator heels.

She just hoped that she looked more confident than she was.

Yixing was waiting in front of the SM building for her, leaning nonchalantly against a wall. He caught sight of her and smiled nervously. She guessed she wasn’t the only one who felt like peeing her pants.

“You look pretty,” he complimented, grinning brightly now.

She laughed it off and hoped to any divine creature out there that her jittery tone wasn’t obvious. “Of course, my number one fan.”

He sent her a playful glare before turning around into the building.

“Is Mr. Lee waiting for us already?” she asked, not taking her eyes off the interior of the building. The boy nodded and craned his neck around to look at her, “But don’t worry, JinHee-yah. He won’t bite.”

She scoffed at his reply.

They passed through a couple of hallways before reaching the CEO’s office. JinHee felt like running away but she felt a strong hand encircling her wrist, giving her a silent confidence boost just before they entered the room.

As they came in, she could only look at the man sitting in his table with a serious expression. He was doing some paperwork for the day. The older man soon noticed them and let out a subtle smile.

“Yixing, nice to finally meet your friend,” Mr. Lee gazed at JinHee, and the latter gave him an awkward smile.

“Thank you for even considering her song, Seongsaengnim.” Lay chirped. “You have no idea how excited she is right now.”

Mr. Lee nodded and motioned for both of them to sit down. “So… Before we get started I’ll give you a short briefing about the situation. Yixing is going to debut with his group, EXOPLANET. Or for short, EXO. Their first album, MAMA (EP) is still on the works, and we realized too much later that we didn’t have enough songs as much as we’d like to fit in the album.” The man paused for a breath, “But as you know, one of the reasons why we have a lacking number of songs was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter