3. Sisters

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Sisters]

"Are you meeting her today?" her mother asked.

JinHee scrolled through her phone to read the chat she was currently on. "Oh, right. Thanks for reminding me," she replied absently.

Mrs. Seo pulled out a bag of containers from her back and handed it to her daughter. Surprised, JinHee sneered.

"You know... She's a big girl now. You don't have to do all of this for her."

Her mother frowned at her statement. "You're only saying that because you don't know what she's going through."

JinHee pursed her lips, "It's not like she'd tell me anything! She always- Always keep things to herself. Sometimes it's so obvious that she's faking it."

"Don't say those things about your sister." her mom spat, "She's the only one that could help us now."

"Of course. The golden child will save us all." She smirked, "That's why she agreed on that arranged marriage right?"

The older lady gasped, "Seo JinHee!"

Not saying another syllable, she took the bag, shoved her phone into her purse and left the mansion.

What a lovely reunion this would be.

 

*****

 

Her silhouette was beautiful.

A gentle, lady-like figure. Complete with the long wavy hair, milk white skin and high-heeled legs.

It was something JinHee could never pull off.

The other girl was wearing a dainty beige dress as she sipped her tea gracefully. Her wide eyes scanned through the cafe, probably wondering why her sister was late.

The truth was, JinHee had been standing behind her for the longest time. She just didn't feel like meeting her at the moment.

It's not that they were fighting, no.

In fact, they've never fought.

That's just how distant the two sisters are. If JinHee was fire, the other would be ice.

They could never connect a through a 'sisterly' bond. They were too different from each other.

Back in high school, she was so jealous at one of her best friends, Jung SooJung. The girl had an older sister called Jung SooYeon. They would call each other with personalized nicknames such as Jessica and Krystal. They would talk to each other in English so other people wouldn't be able to understand. And every time SooJung would send pictures of food to her older sister, JinHee would wince.

Out of all people- Why is she her sister?

"Oh, JinHee. There you are."

Snapped back to reality, she glanced at the girl sitting in front of her.

It was like she hasn't aged at all. She still had that baby face, puffy eyes, and that fake smile.

"Hello eonni." she greeted back, plopping on the chair opposite to hers.

The older girl smiled out courtesy, just like she always did, "So how are you all holding up?"

"The mansion's being cleared out. We're moving into a small house I found recently. It's pretty small, but decent." she summed.

"That's nice," her sister nodded, "How did you manage the fees?"

JinHee sighed, "I used the profit from selling the mansion. We'll be able to rent the place for a few years before it runs out. But by then, I'll be working. If we need more cash, I could always just sell my car too."

"But you love that car. You know, I could take care of it instead."

She scoffed, "Like you could."

Her sister stiffened. But of course,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter