25. White Horses and Unicorns

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[White Horses and Unicorns]

“Hey Princess, need a ride?”

JooHyun didn’t even bother answering. Instead she threw him a side-glance filled with resentment. A chuckle came out of the man, he followed her down the steps to the vast parking area.

“Are you going home already?” YongHwa asked her.

She rolled her eyes, “No- I am going to go party at another place till dawn. This one is boring.”

He caught up to her and smiled, “Ahh- satire. One of your finest qualities.”

“It’s my first language.” She bit back.

Completely amused, he shook his head and observed her. JooHyun wasn’t holding her car keys- wait. She came here with her husband, right?

“Where’s JangHyuk-ssi? Didn’t he drive you here?”

The girl replied with a shrug and pulled out her phone, typing in some numbers, “We had some issues. He won’t be driving me home.”

This made YongHwa’s eyebrows quirk up. He saw the number she punched in- and it was for the local taxi. He heaved a sigh and caught her shoulder, holding her back.

“Princess- I’ll drive you home.” He said, “Just don’t take the cab.”

She frowned at him, “I can do whatever I want to- and what’s so bad about calling a taxi?”

“Have you seen what time it is? It’s almost midnight- and a gorgeous lady taking a taxi ride home might be the worst idea ever. Especially when you’re wearing that.” He said, pointing to her dress.

Embarrassed, she looked away, her lips forming a thin line. For a moron- YongHwa’s got valid points in his argument. And to be honest she herself felt uncomfortable with riding a cab this late. JooHyun didn’t even notice that it was midnight already.

A warm hand slid into hers, and she looked up to find YongHwa smiling radiantly at her. Before she could ask anything, he was already half dragging- half pulling her to a white Audi. “YongHwa I don’t want a ride from you!”

“Oh please, Princess. I insist.” He said teasingly as he closed the car door to seal her in.

Once she was in, JooHyun stopped panicking. At least she was getting a ride from somebody she knew, right? It couldn’t be that bad… The girl tried convincing herself.

The male entered the car swiftly, putting  on his own seatbelt and checking if hers was on. It wasn’t. YongHwa smiled and mouthed something in the lines of ‘spoiled little Princess’ before reaching over her to get the seatbelt.

Taken aback, she squished herself against the cushioned seat behind her, trying to keep a far proximity from the man in front of her. He monitored her reactions and smirked, intentionally taking a longer time to frustrate the hell out of her.

On the other hand, JooHyun had paused her breathing. Jung YongHwa was approximately 7 cm in front of her, his left cheek right before her nose. His skin looked flawless under the moonlight, and his eyes drooped down to find the seat belt. The space between his eyebrows was creased in concentration.

JooHyun’s eyes wandered down to his lips… and she found them smirking.

He’s playing with me again, she thought crossly, squinting her eyes at him.

YongHwa noticed her change in attitude and chuckled by himself as he pushed off her, clicking the seatbelt on. Just as he started the engine, he turned to look at her.

“I know I’m not a shining knight on a white horse… But a white Audi is close enough, eh?”

 

*****

 

Yixing suddenly burst into the staff room where JinHee and Henry were lounging, making the two watch him with astonished expressions.

“I’m sorry, Henry-ssi, but I need to talk to this stranger here.” He directed at the other boy. Henry lifted his hands up in surrender, and backed out of the room, whispering good lucks to JinHee as he did.

Meanwhile, the girl was still sitting aloofly on her seat, sizing up Zhang Yixing as he stared at her se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter