10. Grandma's Puzzle Pieces

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Grandma’s Puzzle Pieces]

JinHee took a moment to make out the figure standing meters away from her and JoonMyeon. The man was wearing jeans, a white v-neck and a thick woolen cardigan.

Behind him were two other people, taller and more threatening- physiquely speaking. They approached her closer and she could see Yixing’s face through the dim light of the nearby lamp post.

“Yixing…” she whispered incoherently, too glad to form real words.

He stepped forward to face JoonMyeon and the latter sized him up quietly, irritated by the sudden interruption.

“That’s not how you treat a lady…” Yixing said calmly, “You should know that as common sense, considering how well-raised you look.”

“Who cares, you bastard. Stay out of this and mind your own business.” Her ex-fiancé growled.

The two boys each gave piercing stares as JinHee darted worried looks across her face. When she saw that JoonMyeon was occupied by Yixing, she swiftly slid her hands out of his hold.

She evaded his attempts at keeping her back and ran behind Yixing for cover.

JoonMyeon eyed the three guys in front of him- they were definitely taller than him… And it doesn’t help that one of them looks like someone who would torture people just for fun. The trio glared at him in the most intimidating way.

He scoffed disbelievingly, “Do what you want, Seo JinHee. You can never escape me.”

“… You will need me some day. And I promise you, you will come begging to me. Like the filthy beggar you’ve become.” 

JoonMyeon entered his car and drove off, speeding towards the highway.

 

*****

 

“Tao, SeHun, you guys go back to the dorm …” Yixing said, “I’m going to drop JinHee back to her house first. Tell the others not to wait for me.”

They nodded simultaneously, with SeHun still gnawing at the end of his bubble tea straw.

“It’s okay, ge.” Tao smiled, “I would’ve wushu-whooped his if I were you. Who would dare to be such an to JinHee noona anyways?”

“Shallow people.” SeHun muttered begrudgingly.

JinHee bowed at the company, “Sorry for the inconvenience, boys.”

“It wasn’t an inconvenience at all.” Tao assured, displaying an angelic smile on his face. SeHun nodded along with the other’s statement, “Yeah. We loved being bad-asses anyways.”

“Bad-atheth.” Tao sneered, earning a glare from his fellow trainee.

“Oh, look, it’s the talking panda.” SeHun countered.

“Yeth, yeth it ith.”

Yixing whacked them in the heads, “Alright, now run along, maknaes. Yifan would slaughter me if you don’t arrive home soon.”

They raised their fists secretly behind his back and strutted down the pavement towards the opposite direction.

“Don’t be so harsh on them, number one fan.” JinHee chuckled. “They’re pretty cute in their own odd ways.”

Yixing laughed, “Yeah, they are adorable.”

“So… how did you find me?”

He shrugg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter