4. A New Life

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Double-update. Be sure to read the previous chapter too.

[A New Life]

"Dad," JinHee spoke to him, "Daddy look at me."

Ever since the accident, Mr. Seo had been continuously grieving. It had gotten so bad to the point that even JinHee's mother couldn't coax him into eating his favorite ox-bone soup. And everybody knows he never refuses soup.

The old man spoke only a few words after the accident. Some people even thought that he was turning senile, but JinHee brushed those words off. Nobody is turning senile- not on her watch.

"JinHee dear, we have a problem." her mother beckoned.

She inhaled tiredly as she called back, "What is it?"

"We only have one bathroom."

JinHee frowned in confusion. "So? We could always take turns, mother. We only have 3 people living here anyways."

Her mother scurried off to their new kitchen, unconvinced. She stopped and gave her daughter the most terrified look. "JinHee darling... We no longer have a chef, right?"

"Of course not, mom."

"Does this mean I'll have to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner from now on?" she gawked.

The girl pinched the bridge of her nose out of stress. She never knew her mother was such a nag.

"I'll help you with that, then."

Mrs. Seo laughed mockingly, "Oh, JinHee child, stop joking. You've never touched a frying pan before!"

"I have used the microwave, for your information." she defended.

Her mother shook her head in amusement, "For popcorn!"

"It wouldn't be that hard. I'm sure I'll manage."

She guided her father to his new room and tucked him in bed before going out to face her mother once more. JinHee found the old lady examining the cracks on the wall in detail.

She wasn't going to blame her, though. Her mother had been living her entire life in wealth- and this was totally out of her zone. She wasn't much better actually- JinHee was more or less reacting the same way- but internally, of course. She didn't want to burden her parents further.

"JinHee! There's a dead cockroach under the dining table!" her mother shrieked.

Oh my God.

 

*****

 

She had just parked her Bugatti in front of the grocery store when she spotted a boy wearing purple headphones. He was whistling mindlessly as he strolled into the automatic doors of the store. One of his shoelaces were untied, but he didn't seem to notice.

Clueless little cutie, she smiled.

Something dropped from his pocket, and when JinHee walked over to check on it, it was a wallet.

She covered with her hand to hide her widening smile. The wallet was light brown, with the logo of MCM printed all over it.

Huh, who knew he has good taste.

She checked the inside of the wallet for his ID, and when she saw the name, she almost laughed. Oh, Zhang Yixing.

What an idiot.

It was slightly unfair how his ID picture looks good. Hers looked horrible because of the lighting- and the incompetent photographer. Soon after, JinHee started looking at the pictures he kept in his wallet.

There was one with his parents, another one with him in baby version, and a worn-out Polaroid of a girl.

Ahh, so this was the Airport Girl.

Airport Girl looked plain, with straight black hair and cute smiley eyes, but she could see why Yixing loved her. After she was done looking, she shoved the photos back into their original places and closed the wallet with a click.

JinHee power-walked into the mart. It was the best thing she could do to not break her Gucci stilettos. As she passed by, people flashed her judging looks for appearing at the grocery store with 4-inch heels.

Well, what could she do?

Wear flats?

She'd have to be desperate.

Just as the fabulous Kimora Lee Simmons once said, ‘Dress everyday like you’re about to meet your worst enemy.’

The girl used her hawk-eyes to scan through the aisles as she went by each one. Finally, at the ramyeon section, she found her target racking through the available choices of flavors in concentration.

"Hey Number One Fan!"

His head shot up, looking as blank as ever. He later changed his look from blank to a flustered one. "Oh... JinHee-yah. Hi."

"Are you planning to buy the whole stock?" she asked, genuinely sounded concerned. Yixing was supporting a mountain of ramyeon packages in a hugging position. He stared at her with a dazed look before looking down to what he was holding, then back at her.

"Oh! No, I'm not a pig." He seemed worried if she had misunderstood, "I'm just buying this for some other guys."

"Are they in the army or something? Why do they eat so much?" she questioned.

Even Yixing had to think for a while before he answered that, "I have no idea too."

"It must be nice to have friends," she concluded.

"Don't you have a friend?"

JinHee smiled sadly, "They sort of went their own ways after we graduated."

"Oh," he nodded, "I can introduce you to mine if you'd like."

But before she could say yes, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter