EXTRA. Brothers

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How's it going there, Xing?" she spoke through the phone, voice laced in worry. "Are they still at it?"

The man sighed. It sounded somewhat relieved but also tired. JinHee had been worrying so much these days that she barely called, and when she did it was to worry over him. 

"They're fine," he replied, "The staff told them off- although in my opinion they could've done it without causing such a ruckus..."

His girlfriend frowned against the thought, "They are sassaeng fans, Yixing. Wait- why do we even call them fans anymore? They're downright stalkers!" She remembered being told that the 'fans' tried barging into his hotel room, "I think your staff did the right thing."

He smiled weakly, "They mean no harm, really. It's just infatuation." His smile grew wider with mischief, "You'd understand that feeling best now, wouldn't you?"

Not appreciating his uncalled humour, JinHee clicked her tongue in irritation. "Look, it's not just because you're a huge hotshot idol or anything but breaking and entering into someone else's private space is not right..." she bit her lips, "Imagine if some random guy tried to break into my room, how would you feel?"

Just imagining someone doing such a despicable act made him fist his hands, "I would've felt like teaching him a lesson."

"Do you get my point here?" she said, not realizing the small smile growing on her lips, "If it wasn't for my dad's therapy I would have scheduled the next flight to where you were."

Yixing cooed fondly, "And by the time you arrive, I'd already be somewhere else for another schedule."

"Show-off," JinHee teased.

Even though the previous topic left a sense of unease within their hearts, they unconsciously moved onto other conversations. It went from JinHee's dad's condition, and then Yixing mentioned some funny things that happened while shooting for his drama, and somehow they ended up discussing EXO's new album- about JongDae in particular.

"I heard he asked you for guidance," Yixing drawled, a bit sleepy from the late night call.

JinHee scoffed at the memory of JongDae buying her coffee, "Bribed me really."

Her boyfriend laughed lightly, "That sounds like something he would do. It's no wonder really- I remember being so nervous about the company releasing a song I personally wrote."

"You did brilliant, though," she reminisced, "but I also think that JongDae is doing a great job so far on the song. I heard his renewed demo yesterday- it sounded so much more polished than it was then. I think he'd be able to include it in your repackage album."

He yawned mutedly, "Speaking of... Did you hear the title track?"

"Yeah," JinHee shrugged, "It's quite- different. Seeing from what song aesthetics you guys are used to."

Yixing let out an amused chuckle, "Is different good?"

"It's risky, but that's the charm," the girl replied honestly, "I think you all will pull it off."

"Yeah... we'll pull it off." He sounded like he was ensuring himself, "All of us but one. Say, JinHee, can you do me a favour?"

 

*****

 

It's been a while since she'd dropped by. 

JinHee looked around the practice room that was filled with trainees, some of them were just going home because it was getting pretty late. 

Her eyes searched around until they spotted a lone figure sitting against the mirrored wall. She s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter