30. A Hundred Times

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: This is a double update. (Oh and be sure to read the A/N down below.)

[A Hundred Times]

“Where is room 309?!” she yelled as she pushed through the people in front of her. They stared at her as if she was crazy, but JinHee couldn’t care less.

The nurse at the reception was rather taken aback at the harshness in her tone, but then quickly looked through the list displayed in the hospital’s computer.

“Are you here to visit Mr. Zhang Yixing?”

Understanding the Chinese words, JinHee nodded rapidly.

The nurse raised an eyebrow at her, “And may ask how you are related to him? We can’t just let some crazy fans break into his room.”

At that moment, JinHee wanted to pull out all her hair. If anyone was to be allowed to meet Yixing, it would be her! But of course, nobody knew that one of the EXO members had a girlfriend.

No one would believe her anyways.

“No, no” she said urgently, “I’m not a fan- heck, if anything, he’s my number one fan!”

“Uhh… I think I have to call security.”

The girl watched in horror as the lady pushed some buttons to dial the security. She needed to find a proof somehow that she wasn’t a thirsty fan. JinHee looked around, biting her lips as her eyes danced across the area. If only…

And then it hit her.

“Ahh, I’m so stupid…” she laughed lightly as she opened her phone, scrolling through the number of contacts available. Soon enough, a beeping sound was heard, instigating that the call was pending.

After a few torturing seconds, somebody picked up.

“Duizhang!” she breathed out, relieved that he had come to the rescue.

But a different voice answered her, and it was nowhere near Yifan’s authoritative voice. “Uhm, Kris isn’t here at the moment… But I can pass your message to him if you want…”

“LuHan!”JinHee recognized the gentle voice, “Thank the deer heavens you answered! Look- before you say anything, could you please help me out? I’m at the hospital where Yixing is currently staying in, and the nurse-lady wouldn’t let me pass. She mistook me for a stalker!”

The boy laughed an airy laugh on the other line, “This is priceless.” He said, “Are you near the lobby? Because I’m also nearing the hospital. I’ll confirm your credibility when I get there, okay?”

“But…” she fidgeted nervously, “When are you going to arrive?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll show up in five.” He answered. But before he could assure her more, a voice was heard in the background, whining. JinHee could make out the words ‘Hyung’, ‘But I want’ and ‘Bubble tea’ before LuHan spoke back into the call.

“You know what…?” he said sheepishly, “Make that ten.”

Groaning, she ended the call.

JinHee didn’t even need to question the cause of the delay- since she could hear SeHun’s bratty voice across the line. When she ended the call, the previous nurse kept on staring suspicious gazes at her, which she shrugged off.

After ten minutes, it seemed like the nurse had actually contacted the hospital’s security, because JinHee was currently dragged out to the exit by two men in uniforms.

“I’m not a stalker! Please believe me!” she screamed, squirming in the hold of the men. They ignored her and proceeded with throwing her out.

But just as she was reaching the exit, a voice made them pause.

Thank deer God indeed.

“Wait!” LuHan called out, “She’s with us, don’t worry.”

The nurse from earlier had her jaw falling on the floor as she watched three of EXO’s members running into the hospital, claiming that they knew the girl.

“O- oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t think you’d…”

“Be my friends?” JinHee snapped, prying off the unwanted hands from her arms, “Yeah, lady. Like he said, I’m with them.”

She couldn’t help shouting back an ‘I told you so’, but SeHun held her back with his arms and placed a hand over before she could say anything else.

MinSeok, who was tagging along with them, apologized for the scene and bowed for the sake of his idol image.

JinHee glanced at LuHan, “Hey, mind me asking but how come you were the one holding Yifan’s phone?”

 A boyish grin appeared on his lips, turning his eyes into cute little crescents that would’ve made his fangirls faint, “Yeah… about that… Yifan-ge left it in my room. I think Yixing had somehow rubbed off on him.” He said, “Or maybe he’s just getting older.”

The girl laughed at his reply and walked amongst them.

“Hey, MinSeok,” she said as they were on their way to the hospital room. “What brings you here?”

The boy shrugged as he sipped on his taro bubble tea, “I wanted to visit Yixing.”

Next to him, SeHun scoffed, “Bubble teas are strictly for HunHan only. He just wanted to ruin everything.”

JinHee chuckled, ruffling the maknae’s hair under her fingers. She could see MinSeok smirking with the tip of his lips as he looked away innocently.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter