14. New Opportunities, New Acquaintances

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: It's a double update again. Make sure to not miss chapter 13 first.

[New Opportunities, New Acquaintances]

Yixing was listening to JinHee’s song in his room, trying to rack out some lyrics out of his brain.

He had recorded himself playing the instrumental version of the song the other day and saved it into his phone.

“Lay,” his new manager called from the doorway. The man was holding his phone in one hand, looking frantic.

“Yes, hyung?” he stood up from the bed.

The man stopped talking, and listened to the song playing in the background seriously. “Umm, no, I was going to ask you if you’ve seen Kris anywhere.”

“Kri-? Oh, Yifan ge, you mean.” The boy said, “I think he’s gone out to get groceries or something.”

The manager nodded, “Alright… Oh and Lay,”

“Yeah?”

“Is that your song?”

He shook his head, “It’s my friend’s. Why?”

“You might want to show that song to the producer. It might just make the cut- since we’re one song short for the album.”

Yixing’s eyes widened, “Are you serious?”

“Why would I be joking?” the older man laughed, “You can give me your friend’s number, and I’ll show the song to Mr. Lee SooMan.”

He didn’t know how to react, so he went ahead and kissed his hyung in the cheek.

“Lay!” his manager screamed, pushing the excited boy off of him.

“Thank you hyung, really.” He beamed.

 

*****

 

The lady was sitting cross legged in a corner of the sauna.

It was a peculiar thing for her to wear the sauna’s guest uniform, and to wrap a towel around her head like Princess Leia.

Seo JooHyun had never felt so out of place.

The other spa visitors were lounging about in groups, even though there would necessarily be couples around too. They twittered with each other as they knocked eggs against their skulls- breaking the shells.

She had never witnessed anything like it. Sure, it was a common thing for Koreans to do these things, but she had never really gone out of her house. The Seo family does not stoop below their class- or so were her mother’s words.

“Let me guess, you a run-away?” a voice said from beside her.

She jolted at the suddenness of the question. “N-no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter