5. First Meetings

Lief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[First Meetings]

It has been a couple of weeks after she's moved. Her mother was beginning to adapt to their new life style- although struggling. Her father has progressed from the bed to the front of the TV. He's also eating a lot more now compared to back then.

But JooHyun, or as their mother liked to call her- SeoHyun- hadn't contacted her since.

Actually, her mother also used to call her SeoHee, short for Seo JinHee. She was that proud of the Seo family's name. But since she told her to cut it off, her mom had stopped calling her so. But of course, SeoHyun never bothered about the nickname. She'd do anything to please their parents.

Even if it means having no freedom at all.

The only way SeoHyun had contacted her was through her bank account. Her sister had transferred a couple of million Wons to hers, as she had been informed. JinHee had texted her a thank you message a few days ago, but the other girl still hasn't responded at all.

She had been considering about inviting SeoHyun over to dinner since it would be great for their dad to see both of his daughters. Especially SeoHyun- she had always been his favorite after all. It might even improve his condition.

JinHee swiped her phone on and searched through her contacts to find her sister's number. She clicked on it and waited as the call rang through.

"Hello?" It was SeoHyun. She sounded baffled somehow.

JinHee breathed in before starting her talk, "Eonni, It's me."

"Oh, how are you JinHee?" she said politely.

"I'm fine," she cut to the chase, "Anyways, I was wondering if you could show up for dinner sometime within the week."

The line was silent for a while, but then SeoHyun voice went through. "I'm not sure."

"It's for dad. He's been... immobile these past few days. Must be the shock over the whole incident."

For a second, she could hear her sister's breathing hitch, "Is he alright?"

"He's fine. He just refuses to eat or talk- but he's better these days," JinHee informed the latter.

"As long as he's okay." SeoHyun let out a sigh, "But I'm sorry, I wouldn't be able to make it."

"Why not? I've told you about how his condition, haven't I? I just thought that he might have a chance to recover if he saw your face… Can't you spare some of your time for your father, eonni? "

Her sister was breathing heavily on the other side of the call. It was a habit of hers; when she's mad or frustrated, she'll never let it show. She would just breathe in deeply through her nostrils or clench her teeth. She'd still be the respectable Seo JooHyun not matter what.

"Please, JinHee. I have my reasons."

She almost laughed at how her sister was acting, "Don't you care about us anymore? Are we still family?"

"My name will always be SeoHyun, would it not?" the other said.

JinHee exhaled in desperation, "Out of all of us- I know that you care about daddy the most. Don't tell me you're not worried right now, because that would be a lie."

"Of course I am worried!" she said pointedly, "It's just that everything's been hard on me these days..."

"You didn't think it was hard for us?" She countered.

SeoHyun composed herself before replying, "Alright. I'll come. But I'm not sure about the date. I'll contact you later."

"See you, eonni."

And the line was cut.

 

*****

 

"Gege, stop following me!" Lay yelled, trying to shove the older guy away.

The latter shook his head in determination and kept on following his trail. "No. I have been smelling something fishy lately. These days you're composing lyrics... and asking Kyungsoo for new recipes. Oh, and let's not forget about that girly shampoo you've been using."

"But doesn't it smell nice though, ge?" Lay pressed, shoving the crown of his head into the other's face so he could smell it too.

His hyung bumped his nose into his head and screamed in protest. "If I break my nose, you're dead!"

"Ouch- ge! Stop kicking me!"

When they arrived in front of the music store, Lay glared at the other boy. "Don't you dare enter. This area is strictly prohibited to you."

"Why?"

"You're too handsome. That's why."

He rolled his eyes and pushed Lay aside before barging in the store. He basically ran inside, just so the other boy couldn't stop him.

Meanwhile, JinHee was sitting at her usual spot in the room, looking over the new lyrics Yixing made a few days ago. The song was almost done, but thinking up of lyrics is hard work. She had no idea how that weird fan of hers was able to come up with such good one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter